Porsche grabbed my order early

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
My lock date was supposed to be 11/20/2020 and I had a few revisions I wanted to update. I submitted them today and was told the build was locked on 11/6 :swear:

So now I’m waiting for a March build date as that’s the earliest they have. I really wanted rear wheel steering though...
Sponsored

wil932

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Your story sounds familiar. This is exactly what happened to me over the summer. If it makes you feel better I didn't get the rear steering and I haven't missed it. The SA said if I didn't track the car I wouldn't miss it. I do miss the free removable ashtray I was going to add. My paperclips are all other the place- still. ;)

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I actually only really learned about rear wheel steering after my lock date had passed and I regretted not having included it. However, now that I have my car I don’t really miss it and it therefore no longer is an issue for me.

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
Cars with rear axle steering have a more direct ratio but I haven't driven with and without back to back so not sure how noticeable the difference is.

Porsche Taycan Porsche grabbed my order early PSX_20201113_072936

Ajes

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Highl. Hybrid, Civic HB, Taycan 4s order
Country flag
I wonder if this has to do with the PSCB brake delays. If those are delayed they have more capacity for orders without the PSCBs.

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
I wonder if this has to do with the PSCB brake delays. If those are delayed they have more capacity for orders without the PSCBs.
I got a 60 day delay on my order because of PSCB brakes so now we are looking at a January 15, 2021 build date. Do you know of anyone else with this hold up?

Ajes

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Highl. Hybrid, Civic HB, Taycan 4s order
Country flag
I got a 60 day delay on my order because of PSCB brakes so now we are looking at a January 15, 2021 build date. Do you know of anyone else with this hold up?
No. But there is a thread on this issue with people mentioning the same thing. I was speculating that this may cause other orders to move up

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
No. But there is a thread on this issue with people mentioning the same thing. I was speculating that this may cause other orders to move up
That thread was me. I seem to be the only one with the PSCB problem. Although, you can’t get it in Europe on the configuration.

galaxyclass

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Tesla M3LR, RAM 1500 2019, MB SLK 200
Country flag
Talked to the sales guy this morning. Seems PSCB is triggering some pushback / delay. Mine is said to be 1 or 2 weeks, thus I'll pick delivery in December instead of the last November week. Seems Porsche wants to get all DE deliveries out of the door,as the sales tax was lowered by 3% only until year end to support the economy during the pandemic. This might effect other countries' availabilities.

william_j_p

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I just heard that my 4s went into production a few days early also. My spec includes Mission E wheels with PSCBs. I'm located in the US.

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just heard that my 4s went into production a few days early also. My spec includes Mission E wheels with PSCBs. I'm located in the US.
what was you lock/flx date and body shop dates? I think my order got pushed back.

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Lock date was 11/13 and body shop was 11/20.
I guess you got the last PSCB on a 2021. Some say the issue is with the EPA allowing PSCB into the US because of the 2021 EPA regulation about Copper in brakes. I believe Luke mentioned this as well in his earlier comments yesterday. I guess there is nothing I can do about my lock as Porsche moved it not me.
Sponsored