TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
How about a Taycan cab ;)

Taycan Cab.jpg
Taycan cabriolet would be really good but my fingers are still crossed for a GT3 RS version of the Taycan - 800+ bhp lighter version of Taycan

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Taycan cabriolet would be really good but my fingers are still crossed for a GT3 RS version of the Taycan - 800+ bhp lighter version of Taycan
I just don't see this. Battery technology will remain pretty much the same for the next few years, and there is little weight savings otherwise. Besides, putting an extra 50 hp and saving 150 lbs on a 5,000 lb car just doesn't do much. I could see a battery powered smaller two seater that packed slightly more hp, but cut weight maybe 500 lbs - that would basically be the GT2 version. GT3 is lighter and lower hp, which just won't happen in the near future for EV's.

JayGT4

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT4 / Taycan Turbo
Country flag
How about a Taycan cab ;)

Taycan Cab.jpg
Taycan convertible would be cool. Hadn't considered that there's not a single convertible EV until now. Definitely an unfulfilled niche (albeit small).

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I think they will go for torque vectoring and have a motor at each wheel, as Rimac. . . . .

OP
OP
TheSnape

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
I just don't see this. Battery technology will remain pretty much the same for the next few years, and there is little weight savings otherwise. Besides, putting an extra 50 hp and saving 150 lbs on a 5,000 lb car just doesn't do much. I could see a battery powered smaller two seater that packed slightly more hp, but cut weight maybe 500 lbs - that would basically be the GT2 version. GT3 is lighter and lower hp, which just won't happen in the near future for EV's.
The weight is a problem, but any slightly lighter, and crucially, faster and sportier version would be welcome. And not all weight savings have to come from the battery. Maybe if more equipment is stripped out and everything else possible is made lightweight it might help a bit

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
My view is that they could come out with a proper sports car version of the Taycan. Today, the Taycan has “foot garages” that occupy 18 inches of length. Eliminate those foot garages, the rear seat, the back doorand you have a two-seat car the length of a 911. It would be slightly lighter than the Taycan and therefore quicker. Key then is a modified coupe body. Done.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
My view is that they could come out with a proper sports car version of the Taycan. Today, the Taycan has “foot garages” that occupy 18 inches of length. Eliminate those foot garages, the rear seat, the back doorand you have a two-seat car the length of a 911. It would be slightly lighter than the Taycan and therefore quicker. Key then is a modified coupe body. Done.
Agree - they could significantly reduce the weight and size of the car and maintain the same or possibly increase the HP. If they could get to a 4000lb car with 800 hp/tq they would really have something...

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
Taycan convertible would be cool. Hadn't considered that there's not a single convertible EV until now. Definitely an unfulfilled niche (albeit small).
There have been a couple, including the original Tesla Roadster, but the only EV convertible available now is the very un-Porsche-like Smart ForTwo Cabrio (Unless you live in the USA, where it is not for sale),

GEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Agree - they could significantly reduce the weight and size of the car and maintain the same or possibly increase the HP. If they could get to a 4000lb car with 800 hp/tq they would really have something...
Sounds like the electric cayman, no doubt they will limit the performance though.

I reckon a Taycan 4 and GTS will be announced sometime FY21. So the turbo S will remain the top car for foreseeable future.

OP
OP
TheSnape

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Fair, a coupe version wouldn't hurt, but I still think there's real potential for a really powerful super-saloon from Porsche - something to rival the Audi RS6 or top end BMW M5
Sponsored