Peter Kelly

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 2S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I purchased this with my car and Andersen EV installed my Porsche Mobile Connect and Porsche charger mount. However, they said that they had not ever installed the Home Energy Unit so I have bought something that the Official Porsche UK installer has never used. Has anyone in the UK bought and installed the Home Energy Unit. I have asked to return the unit to OPC without response....

Thanks

Peter
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi,

I did not choose this option as I don't see a use for it in my situation. If I had a "Smart House" or concerns with all sorts of other electrical requirements (solar panels and the like) in the house I may have paid more attention.

I don't think it's aimed at UK market really and as long as you have a dedicated supply from your mainboard for your charger then I'd say you're good and not missing out on anything.

Don't expect your dealer to be clued up on this - knowledge is thin on the ground in my experience and this is no excuse (Porsche Hybrids and home charging have been around for several years now and this tech is not specific to the Taycan).

Hopefully you can return to the dealer!

Thx

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
I purchased this with my car and Andersen EV installed my Porsche Mobile Connect and Porsche charger mount. However, they said that they had not ever installed the Home Energy Unit so I have bought something that the Official Porsche UK installer has never used. Has anyone in the UK bought and installed the Home Energy Unit. I have asked to return the unit to OPC without response....

Thanks

Peter
Hi Peter, I did not spec this option but took a good look at it when placing my order.

the main purpose of the home energy unit is to monitor the load across your house and apply a ‘throttle’ to the charging circuit if you have high loads in the rest of the house to stop overloading your power and also,provides scheduling etc.

if Porsche are recommending Anderson to install and they don’t install theHome energy unit then I’d be tempted to try and get it returned but the OPC will probably look at you with a blank expression.

I went for the myenergi zappi and just kept the Porsche charger in the boot.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I know for example that my Zappi v2 unit does this internally to the unit - without requiring an external energy monitor. The current monitoring clips feed back to the Zappi unit. Its likely the Anderson does similar.

OP
OP
Peter Kelly

Peter Kelly

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 2S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I know for example that my Zappi v2 unit does this internally to the unit - without requiring an external energy monitor. The current monitoring clips feed back to the Zappi unit. Its likely the Anderson does similar.
Porsche not accepting it back so have to bear the cost. Not the best in terms of service. I've bought something that the Official UK Porsche installer doesn't install!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Porsche not accepting it back so have to bear the cost. Not the best in terms of service. I've bought something that the Official UK Porsche installer doesn't install!
C'est la vie but pretty shoddy really. Drop a note to Porsche UK rather than hassle the dealer and see if they afford some goodwill.

Have you had it for less than 30 days, if so I think you are entitled to return it?
Sponsored