Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Since the update and probably because of updated maps as well, I find the PIRM plans trips as I would with both efficiency and accuracy. Before it was rubbish and ABRP was okay. However, I have been planning a few trips and it is definitely spot-on and it includes many recently inaugurated chargers from different networks. Watch out for future chargers though… it lists a charger at my dealer which is in a unopened box until they expand the dealership (6 months minimum). ?? ABRP listed all dealers in Spain and Portugal as having service until I advised them many are still not working and that they are only for Porsche vehicles.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Since the update and probably because of updated maps as well, I find the PIRM plans trips as I would with both efficiency and accuracy. Before it was rubbish and ABRP was okay. However, I have been planning a few trips and it is definitely spot-on and it includes many recently inaugurated chargers from different networks. Watch out for future chargers though… it lists a charger at my dealer which is in a unopened box until they expand the dealership (6 months minimum). ?? ABRP listed all dealers in Spain and Portugal as having service until I advised them many are still not working and that they are only for Porsche vehicles.
Thanks for your observation, @Pozuelo . Happy to hear it as I also bought PRIM but never actually used it. I will try it at the earliest occasion.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It's always been good if used correctly.

Weaknesses remains as out of date charger database. I was charging the other day and thought I'd test out the PIRM and select a charger as a stopover (the one I was charging from as it happens). Predictably it could not find the charger that I was using some 3' away.

Some collaboration and refinement needed still.

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
I was impressed with it as well. I expected the worse given the reviews here, but it did a good job adjusting my trip as needed based on range and driving style.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Is there a version number to this update you can share? When was the update performed and was it OTA or at the dealer?

Benjamin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Twingo
Country flag
Okay! I am a power user of it. Getting the car updated this week. Good to hear that. Will double check!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I have also experienced a very good improvement in the Porsche Charging Planner! ( I do not have the PIRM installed, but can get that via FOD if I wanted to). I tested a car with this PIRM and was totally unimpressed with the automatic limitation on speed etc. But maybe that also has improved?

In the normal charging planner it now gives priority to HPC chargers, while it earlier for me routed to a lot of 50 kW chargers. Very good improvement. Checking in the overview of a long route the refer to the Porsche Turbo Chargers, which is not available as a setting in my car. But it still works which is the main thing.

I have however not seen any Porsche dealer chargers in the menu as yet. May be coming still since I seem to get frequent map updates now. I am aware of a couple of Porsche dealers that have chargers for their customers use. Unfortunately only during normal opening hours and the French tend to take a long lunch break!!! And closed on Sunday etc.
Sponsored