orangecuse

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
can someone help me out - i have a new 4s. I dont see tje Porsche Intelligent Range Manager on my window sticker and i dont see it as a option i can purchase online. Am i missing something?
Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
can someone help me out - i have a new 4s. I dont see tje Porsche Intelligent Range Manager on my window sticker and i dont see it as a option i can purchase online. Am i missing something?
The FOD (functions on demand) options are not available for the MY22 cars yet. Porsche says they are working on them. For now the option needs to be ordered when the car is built.

blue-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The FOD (functions on demand) options are not available for the MY22 cars yet. Porsche says they are working on them. For now the option needs to be ordered when the car is built.
What's the consensus here... is it worth getting this? I have another month until my build locks.

OP
OP

orangecuse

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
so where is there a complete list of options? i am wondering now what i might not have and could get at some point. thanks

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag

OP
OP

orangecuse

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It is worth having as it enhances features of Range Mode which the standard planner doesn't do - review the relevant section in the Porsche Good To Know App for more details and use cases.

Once installed and enabled you generally don't interact with it directly and simply just let it do its thing. Has worked well for me.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
It is part of the standard spec on a 4S CT in the UK so I didn't see anywhere to add it as an option either!

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
What's the consensus here... is it worth getting this? I have another month until my build locks.
It is not very expensive but not very good either. Marginally worth having because of the battery preheating ahead of a primmed charging stop.

jvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey CT4
Country flag
It is not very expensive but not very good either. Marginally worth having because of the battery preheating ahead of a primmed charging stop.
If that's true, I definitely want it. AFAIK, all Taycan perform the preheating when navigating to a high power charger.

I plan on trying it on free trial with FOD and then deciding.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
If that's true, I definitely want it. AFAIK, all Taycan perform the preheating when navigating to a high power charger.

I plan on trying it on free trial with FOD and then deciding.
For DC chargers >=50 kW the pre-heat will take place (you may not necessarily notice depending on how warm your battery already is) and the process will be transparent to you. Either navigate to the charge point as your destination or add as a stopover - key thing to note is that NAV must recognise as an actual charging location. If it does it will provide details of the charging facility, select it and you're good to go.

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
My understanding was that the car does this by default and that if you select a DC charger as the destination in the Porsche factory navigation the car will preheat the battery en route without needing the PIRM option. Is that not correct? I don’t have PIRM (it is available for me as a FOD) and the couple of times I have navigated to a fast charger (I typically only charge at home and don’t do long road trips) I “think” it was preheating the battery en route (unless that was just coincidence and dictated by my driving style at the time?).
Sponsored