jimshadow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, DB9, 599, Denali, X1, Tiguan
Country flag
I “bought“ (or so I thought) my 4s on November 11th from a local gent who leased it back in May. He needed to get out of it due to starting a business, so I picked it up at a great price. Wired the $ along with the required documents to Porsche Financial and they acknowledged the wire. Told us it would be 3 days before the wire “cleared” and we would be good to go. Nov. 17th we give them a call and they tell us that they aren’t’ sure if the title is at the leasing dealer, at the 3rd party or somewhere at Porsche. They ask us to give it a day so they can sort it out. Call back next day and they tell us that it could take up to 2 weeks to get things processed and to be patient. WTH?!@?@!

Waited a week, called them again on Dec.1st and they tell me that the only thing holding things up is the Odometer statement.......frustrating as that was one of the documents that they wanted at payoff. Resent that. Call back the next day to verify they received it and they tell me that they are just now clearing titles dated back to November 18th, so they are behind.
Most recent call was tonight. Got a great CS rep who was very helpful, however, we are now waiting on the 3rd party administrator of their titles to release it. Could be this week or could be next week. They don’t know. I conveyed to her (As I have on every call) that I have wired them ~$100,000 on 11/11 and to date, I do not OWN the car that I bought. To complicate matters, once I get the title, get it registered, pay tax, etc....I then get to call PCNA back to talk to the Porsche Connect people. I’m told the process of switching the car into my name could take 3-5 days. UGH!!!!!! 1st world problems really, but what a PITA! I’ve owned well over 100 cars and this is by far the most frustrating experience.

On a positive note, the seller is a really good guy. Car is parked in my garage. Charging station is set up and working well. He’s offered to let me ‘use‘ the car anytime I want, which I have taken him up on. Amazing car, just want to own it!!!

Jim
Sponsored

Wendal

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hey Jim,

As painful as it may sound, I’m sure a lot of us had/are facing many issues from Porsche. But every time we step into our vehicle, it puts a smile on our face.

I noticed, no matter what, Porsche, Hermes, Cartier etc.... people are just people and many just won’t go to the extent of doing their jobs 100%. (Sorry in advance if I offended anyone) Wish things could have been more smooth sailing for you, but hey, look on the bright side, you got the car at a good price and can still enjoy it in the meantime.

Welcome to the club!

OP
OP
jimshadow

jimshadow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Christmas Eve Update.....STILL no word on the title and Porsche Customer Service is HORRIBLE. (i talk to them about every other day). They are very nice on the phone, but there’s nobody there who will “advocate” for the customer. I’m just another number in the queue. Frustrating as hell. They tell me the same thing over and over.....that they are waiting on a reply from the dealer. I call the dealer and the dealer says they have replied. Neither will get on the phone with the other party to straighten it out. I’ve requested that we declare a “lost title” but Porsche cannot do that until they ‘confirm’ that the title was issued in the first place. I’m in purgatory.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Christmas Eve Update.....STILL no word on the title and Porsche Customer Service is HORRIBLE. (i talk to them about every other day). They are very nice on the phone, but there’s nobody there who will “advocate” for the customer. I’m just another number in the queue. Frustrating as hell. They tell me the same thing over and over.....that they are waiting on a reply from the dealer. I call the dealer and the dealer says they have replied. Neither will get on the phone with the other party to straighten it out. I’ve requested that we declare a “lost title” but Porsche cannot do that until they ‘confirm’ that the title was issued in the first place. I’m in purgatory.
Go straight to the dealer - they usually are very nice, and they will want to retain you as a customer. In my experience Porsche (connect / support) are much more eager to answer and solve a problem when it comes from the dealer.

OP
OP
jimshadow

jimshadow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
UPDATE: Title FINALLY arrived at PCNA on Thursday. Got a call from our contact there and it is being overnighted on Monday to me. I’ll then have to have to have the original owner sign off on it so I can make my purchase “official”. Hopefully this is the last of this frustration and now I can get on with having fun with it!

OP
OP
jimshadow

jimshadow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
UPDATE: (MORE FRUSTRATION). Title finally arrived on Wednesday this week. (Yesterday). 11 days Delayed by the weather of the previous week I guess. UNFORTUNATELY, PCNA screwed it up. They showed that the previous owner PAID OFF the car, even though it was clearly paid off via my check. NOW, the DMV will not accept the signed off title as mine since it appears that the previous owner is the one who paid the car off. TOTAL MESS.
I asked the PCNA title rep that I’m working with if I’m the first person to ever pay off a lease In order to buy a car. Of course she said NO, however, she could not answer how we could do this title transfer in a manner that shows me as buying it out of the lease without a title f-up.
Going back to the BMV Saturday with the previous owner to see if there is anything we can do here.
Please send good vibes

On an unrelated note, the car has been at the Dealer for 10 days now waiting on a suspension pump that has been ordered from Germany....not here yet.

Jim

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
I’m confused. If the original owner has a title in hand with no liens, have him sign it and list you as the buyer. You take that title to the DMV and they print a new title in your name. Done. What am I missing?

Dr Chill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2008 911 Turbo, 2009 911 Turbo Cab
Country flag
This whole situation makes no sense to me. When someone has a leased car, only they or a licensed dealer can buy the car off the lease. An individual cannot buy a car owned by a leasing company whose lessee's name is currently on the lease. The original owner buying it would require taxes to be paid. Taking this leased car over from PCNA requires a lease takeover, and then you can purchase the vehicle off your lease plus pay the sales tax for it. Was this a lease takeover that you decided to purchase outright afterward from PCNA?

OP
OP
jimshadow

jimshadow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This whole situation makes no sense to me. When someone has a leased car, only they or a licensed dealer can buy the car off the lease. An individual cannot buy a car owned by a leasing company whose lessee's name is currently on the lease. The original owner buying it would require taxes to be paid. Taking this leased car over from PCNA requires a lease takeover, and then you can purchase the vehicle off your lease plus pay the sales tax for it. Was this a lease takeover that you decided to purchase outright afterward from PCNA?
[/QUOTE

Nope.....when we first called PCNA to notify them that I wanted to buy the car outright from the Leasee (who was the recently retired, 15year Porsche Salesman), they gave us a payoff and wiring instructions. They then indicated that they would process the title which would be released to the Leasee first then have to be signed over to me at which point I would have to pay taxes. Never once did they indicate to us that I had to do a “lease takeover”, rather they said ‘great, you’ll love the Taycan!”

OP
OP
jimshadow

jimshadow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Getting closer....Got a GREAT gal at the BMV this morning who was extremely helpful. PCNA has to sign 2 Affidavits (Title Correction and an official Indiana Odometer Statement) and I should be good to go as far as getting the title in my name/paying taxes/etc.....
Waiting to hear back from PCNA now.....guessing they aren’t’ in the offices on a Saturday. ;)

OP
OP
jimshadow

jimshadow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well....it's taken another week and I FINALLY got the signatures that I needed. Off to the BMV tomorrow to finally "own" the car that has been in my garage since the beginning of November.
It will be nice to have the profile set up under my name instead of someone else's. Love it when passengers ask why the dash says "George" and not Jim.......LOL!

OP
OP
jimshadow

jimshadow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, if things couldn’t be more screwed up......went to the BMV yesterday with check in hand, excited to finally ‘own’ my Taycan. Wouldn’t you know it......there’s ANOTHER issue. Seems the State of Indiana issued a title on 2/20/21 for NO APPARENT REASON. It was sent to Porsche and returned as undelivered (there’s an address Issue which is a related issue).....SO my title that I have in hand with incorrect signatures which I got the affidavits for from Porsche is NO GOOD.

Back to the drawing board.......after 2hrs in the BMV, we finally agreed on the following.....

State of Indiana gave me a 30 Day Temp Tag
State of Indiana will send the ‘correct’ title to my branch
PCNA/Porsche Leasing will give me Limited POA so I can sign the title on their behalf
Paperwork can be correctly submitted
I can pay my taxes
I’ll get a title in my name eventually
I can order plates (I’d like to get perosnalized plates that read “FdUPEV”)
I can own the car finally....

What I thought would be a last step has turned into several more.....

OP
OP
jimshadow

jimshadow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And the circus continues.......

State of Indiana was supposed to send the title to my local BMV Office....That should’ve taken 2-3 days max....lets say a week since we’re talking government. I was out of town all last week so I was looking out for a call or email from the BMV Manager that helped me back on 3/13....nothing. Finally, this past Friday I get a call from my contact at Porsche Financial. Seems that the BMV sent the title dated 2/20/21 to HER rather than my local BMV like they said they were going to do.
Next step....title is supposed to be overnighted to me tomorrow. We’ll see what happens here.....

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
And the circus continues.......

State of Indiana was supposed to send the title to my local BMV Office....That should’ve taken 2-3 days max....lets say a week since we’re talking government. I was out of town all last week so I was looking out for a call or email from the BMV Manager that helped me back on 3/13....nothing. Finally, this past Friday I get a call from my contact at Porsche Financial. Seems that the BMV sent the title dated 2/20/21 to HER rather than my local BMV like they said they were going to do.
Next step....title is supposed to be overnighted to me tomorrow. We’ll see what happens here.....
Is the lesson here never buy a car off lease? G’z. Start a go fund me page and I’ll buy you a beer.

OP
OP
jimshadow

jimshadow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is the lesson here never buy a car off lease? G’z. Start a go fund me page and I’ll buy you a beer.
HA! I might take you up on that! :)
Sponsored