First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Folks

Previously the standard equipment was a 'Mobile Charger Plus' - which differentiated it from the more expensive/sophisticated 'Mobile Charger Connect'

Just noticed the standard equipment description is now simply 'Mobile Charger'

Also, for some time, the 'Mobile Charger Connect' is no longer available on the configurator. At least I can't find it.

I have also seen some threads here noting that the standard charger (the plus) may be upgraded because of overheating...

Do you know if the standard charger supplied with the car has changed spec? ...... For example, is the default now the 'connect' version? .......Has it been beefed up? .........Or is it just it just a text omission/change of name?

I ask because I have just had a 32A industrial socket fitted in prep for Taycan arrival - and I was going to make a nice lined wooden wall box to mount the charger in based on the dimensions of the 'Mobile Charger Plus' - but if it has changed I will need to check any new dimensions etc.

cheers
Sponsored

XKSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jag xk120, Jag XKSS, Defender, Taycan CT4, +bikes
Country flag
I was told this week that there is no charger whatsover supplied with the 2023 car and that all used Taycans and hybrids have the original free Mobile Charger charger removed and scrapped - the dealer didn't know why though.
i have kept mine for my new '23 Taycan arrival..

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
I was told this week that there is no charger whatsover supplied with the 2023 car and that all used Taycans and hybrids have the original free Mobile Charger charger removed and scrapped - the dealer didn't know why though.
Wow thanks XK - that is incredible - be like buying a kettle without a lead ....

and gobsmacked that they haven't removed it from the standard spec then....

Let's see if anyone getting an MY23 got a charger with it and what kind (that is if anyone has received an MY23 yet given no 12v batteries)

cheers

XKSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jag xk120, Jag XKSS, Defender, Taycan CT4, +bikes
Country flag
The dealer told me to keep my mobile charger as it'll be scrapped if I leave it in the car which I've just sold back to them - as you say like a kettle with no lead.............. unless thy've updated it for '23 and we'll get a new model charger - who knows........ all seems a bit up in the air right now. Interested to see if my new Taycan arrives in Dec '22 as scheduled...........

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
it woudl seem to me the existing PMCC/PMC+ have enough problems that a new offering needed to be brought to the market - I have no issue with t his - but they seem to be deprecating the current faulty product but have yet to fully disclose the path forward from here…

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Folks

Previously the standard equipment was a 'Mobile Charger Plus' - which differentiated it from the more expensive/sophisticated 'Mobile Charger Connect'

Just noticed the standard equipment description is now simply 'Mobile Charger'

Also, for some time, the 'Mobile Charger Connect' is no longer available on the configurator. At least I can't find it.

I have also seen some threads here noting that the standard charger (the plus) may be upgraded because of overheating...

Do you know if the standard charger supplied with the car has changed spec? ...... For example, is the default now the 'connect' version? .......Has it been beefed up? .........Or is it just it just a text omission/change of name?

I ask because I have just had a 32A industrial socket fitted in prep for Taycan arrival - and I was going to make a nice lined wooden wall box to mount the charger in based on the dimensions of the 'Mobile Charger Plus' - but if it has changed I will need to check any new dimensions etc.

cheers
Unlikely that the PMCC will be the standard given the cost.

PMC+ has the same physical dimensions apart from the depth / height I think - check the manuals.

All a bit vague just now.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
That seems unlikely - all EVs are sold with an EVSE. UK configurator MY23 also lists ‘Mobile Charger with 4.5m cable’ as standard.

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Unlikely that the PMCC will be the standard given the cost.

PMC+ has the same physical dimensions apart from the depth / height I think - check the manuals.

All a bit vague just now.
Thanks Adrian - I checked manuals before posting - I can get the dimensions for PMCC easily .....but not PMC+ (which is the one I needed) - but in any case, if they are in the midst of change (which seems likely) - or have already changed - PMC+ dimensions won't help if different.

No worries, unless it clarifies I will wait till I get it - was just wanting to prepare for it's arrival (and I am bored waiting)....

AndiL

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, ID. 3
Country flag
@daveo4EV I think you are mixing up your North America specific problems with the European versions which do not have these issues.

Reactions: Dee

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@daveo4EV I think you are mixing up your North America specific problems with the European versions which do not have these issues.
ok I’ll wait and see

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks Adrian - I checked manuals before posting - I can get the dimensions for PMCC easily .....but not PMC+ (which is the one I needed) - but in any case, if they are in the midst of change (which seems likely) - or have already changed - PMC+ dimensions won't help if different.

No worries, unless it clarifies I will wait till I get it - was just wanting to prepare for it's arrival (and I am bored waiting)....
I have the manual but not sure if this PMC+ screenshot helps but I think if you have the actual PMCC dimensions then you'll be on track (only difference being the height).

I have the Porsche Dock for my PMCC which can accommodate the PMC+ but it won't sit flush and sits recessed (not sure if there is a spacer to provide a flush fit).

You can always borrow one from your dealer.

Porsche Taycan Porsche mobile charger name change 1664177470929

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
That seems unlikely - all EVs are sold with an EVSE. UK configurator MY23 also lists ‘Mobile Charger with 4.5m cable’ as standard.
Not anymore. Tesla is charging extra for charging equipment on new vehicle purchases. :rolleyes:

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not anymore. Tesla is charging extra for charging equipment on new vehicle purchases. :rolleyes:
in North America it like $250'ish - so not too bad for a reliable 32 amp EVSE…

personally an EVSE is becoming a lot like USB chargers - how many of these do you need once you own one?

I look forward to the day when my Hybrid's/EV's dont' come with with EVSE beause everyone already has one and does not "need" another…

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
in North America it like $250'ish - so not too bad for a reliable 32 amp EVSE…

personally an EVSE is becoming a lot like USB chargers - how many of these do you need once you own one?

I look forward to the day when my Hybrid's/EV's dont' come with with EVSE beause everyone already has one and does not "need" another…
Perhaps a sign of market maturity?

Agree that it would be better to have the choice as long as the vehicle price reflects the option...and we all know how that goes!

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
On the configurator it still shows the mobile charger in standard equipment so if they don’t provide their version then they need to supply an alternative option At no cost.
Sponsored