Porsche OEM PPF Option - Anyone tried it?

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I was speccing out another Taycan (I still want Guards Red PTS) and noticed that Porsche offers PPF from the factory now.

It covers the entire front clip and mirrors, which is how I always get my cars done.

I am intrigued by this, as it would be nice to just drive the car from day one without having to deal with a PPF appointment. I also like the notion of the PPF being part of Porsche's out-the-door quality inspection.

Has anyone optioned PPF from the factory?
Can you comment on:

• The quality/thickness of the film
  • The quality of the installation - does it roll around the edges or are there "pre-cut kit" gaps?
  • Porsche Taycan Porsche OEM PPF Option - Anyone tried it? IMG_1732
Sponsored

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
I think I read somewhere it's not done at the factory- it's done at the Port I believe?
Maybe I got that wrong.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Don't do it. You've been warned. :CWL:

There are plenty of high quality, reputable shops you can find near you. They will not only do a better job but can be held accountable for their work. Just plan ahead and do it this way, it's just much better for you.

As mentioned above, if you get "factory" PPF or "dealership" PPF, it's (generally) outsourced to a 3rd party. This can be the cheapest company in the area or a really good one, but you don't get a say in it.

It's a bit like ordering a pizza.. except instead of choosing a pizza place you just say "I want a pepperoni pizza" and one shows up. It might be good or it might be terrible.

Last edited:

4sCT21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 MK 2 MR2 GT T-Bar, 2002 Volvo S80
Country flag
There is a thread that talks about it, seems to get mixed feedback.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Don't do it. You've been warned. :CWL:

There are plenty of high quality, reputable shops you can find near you.
Oh I've got a shop I absolutely love for this stuff. I was only considering the factory option if performed at the factory, and therefore subject to the white glove inspection on the way out.

If this is done at the port or dealership that's a hard pass.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Oh I've got a shop I absolutely love for this stuff. I was only considering the factory option if performed at the factory, and therefore subject to the white glove inspection on the way out.

Gotcha. I've heard mixed reviews from people that have chosen the Porsche option in particular.

The main problem you run into is if you don't like how they did it you'll have to pay to get it fixed. I've known people that didn't like the seams but Porsche told them it was within specs and they'd have to pay to change it.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag

From what I understand and posted in other threads this factory option does not do rolled or wrapped edging which is a complete non-starter for me hence stuck with local shop, installed day after delivery post-inspection, and 100% happy.

EDIT - oh yeah and for less!
Sponsored