Porsche (or PCNA) deleted my car and my account, and customer support is worthless. How do I fix this?

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
I have to stay off this forum. Starting to sound like the Tesla forum which caused me to never buy a Tesla. When I finally ordered a model S I came back and the same stuff caused me to cancel and eat the deposit. I don't want to cancel the Taycan. My Bolt after over one year has been problem free. Damn that evil GM.
Understandable but keep in mind the much more likely things discussed in forums is the issues we all have, not all the hours of grinning silly fun, or all the hours where there are no issues. I mean I don't go to forums and say "I drove my xyz another 3 hours with absolutely no issues today" or "my service appointment went perfectly and Porsche customer service sent me a kitten."

We are all prone to focusing on the negative when looking through the forums.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have to stay off this forum. Starting to sound like the Tesla forum which caused me to never buy a Tesla. When I finally ordered a model S I came back and the same stuff caused me to cancel and eat the deposit. I don't want to cancel the Taycan. My Bolt after over one year has been problem free. Damn that evil GM.
Lest I give you the wrong impression, I love the car. I get a smile on my face every time I drive it. IMO Porsche has made a series of very bad decisions with regard to: customer service (at least in the US, can't speak about other countries), and everything computer/software based.

OP
OP

Jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Cancel culture. Cant log in to my account so I have to sell my car and never buy another Porsche ???
You don't seem to apply many brain cells to your reading activities. How would you fare if you purchased a car and could not get customer service, could not get the "free" charging that is supposed to be included with the car, could not get warranty service, etc. That is what I am facing at the moment.

I am hopeful that this will be straightened out, but it is a problem manufactured by either Porsche or PCNA.

smohr33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S -> Taycan CT4
Country flag
You don't seem to apply many brain cells to your reading activities. How would you fare if you purchased a car and could not get customer service, could not get the "free" charging that is supposed to be included with the car, could not get warranty service, etc. That is what I am facing at the moment.

I am hopeful that this will be straightened out, but it is a problem manufactured by either Porsche or PCNA.
Any suggestions on how I might be able to resolve this, other than selling my Taycan and buying something else?
Any suggestions on how I might be able to resolve this, other than selling my Taycan and buying something else?
LOL. Don’t try another CS rep or to escalate to a manager. Don’t call or take a ride to your dealer. Not getting warranty service? Huh? I guess the only way to resolve this is to sell the car and not buy another Porsche.

I had Porsche connect issues when I first bought my car. Got it resolved with a few calls and a little yelling.

Happy Thanksgiving

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Ok to be absolutely fair there is a truth to buying any luxury brand and then having the experience be marred by issues that are easily preventable. Somewhere between saying "oh it will be resolved just be patient" and "I am driving the car off the cliff" is a balanced position. In fact I did tell Porsche customer service that if they are including the charging for a Taycan and heavily advertising its 270KW charging as a big feature yet EA can't seem to get one charger working then the car is no longer what they are selling. Porsche customer service at least acknowledged this as a real issue.

if I buy a Kia I expect bang for the buck, and if its a great deal I'll put up with a few hassles. But when I buy a Porsche/Audi/BMW/etc and the dealer or customer service is terrible I may be a bit more upset. I had to spend 3 days between the dealer and Audi customer service to get my RS Etron activated for online access (kept giving errors when registering). I don't think this is acceptable for a "flagship" product for a luxury brand and I told Audi dealer and customer service. My dealer worked hard and resolved it, and I appreciated the effort.

But it still is a ding against the brand. It doesn't make me smile any less when driving the car.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I get that you're pissed, and justifiably so. However, it would be more productive if you titled the thread "Lost My Profile and Login" or similar.

I think it's a little early to swear off Porsche for life.

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Definitely sell it, shit cars, shit service so just go buy an alternative brand which never has any issues and the dealers throw flower petals in front of you as you enter the showroom, loads to choose from……

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Definitely sell it, shit cars, shit service so just go buy an alternative brand which never has any issues and the dealers throw flower petals in front of you as you enter the showroom, loads to choose from……
Wait, are you telling me they won't do that for me when I go to pick up my new Taycan :( Well, at least my sales representative is giving me a couple of free Porsche T-Shirts, all is forgiven now.

VOLT4GE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
If dealerships in AZ are anything like they are in Seattle, I understand coming to the forum first. The dealership has a crazy low batting average in terms of actually helping me resolve issues.

On average, it's just been a waste of time. Everything from non-sensical explanations for why my problem is a feature/by design, why it's user error, why it's EA and not Porsche, why it's the new iPhone and not Porsche, etc. etc.

If you ask on the forum, it's not uncommon to get a "I faced exactly this, here's exactly what you need to tell the service department to get it resolved".
Lemme guess: Porsche of Bellevue?

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Lemme guess: Porsche of Bellevue?
Take your pick. The worse five dealerships I've ever experienced for any brand are Porsche Tacoma, JLR Lynnwood, Porsche Bellingham, JLR Bellevue, and Porsche Bellevue. Terrible area to buy a luxury car.

Come on guys, lay off the OP.

OP I think only the dealership you purchased from can fully add/activate a car to your account. I'm guessing that's where the confusion is coming on (and I agree they SHOULDN'T be confused).

If your SA isn't super helpful ask to speak to the GM and insist they get the issue fixed.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Wait, are you telling me they won't do that for me when I go to pick up my new Taycan :( Well, at least my sales representative is giving me a couple of free Porsche T-Shirts, all is forgiven now.
They always have flower petals when I visit.

Once, there was an area of light petaling and my shoe had to touch the bare floor. I had everyone in the building fired immediately.