Porsche (or PCNA) deleted my car and my account, and customer support is worthless. How do I fix this?

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I get that you're pissed, and justifiably so. However, it would be more productive if you titled the thread "Lost My Profile and Login" or similar.

I think it's a little early to swear off Porsche for life.
based on their post, i think the best thing for them to do is sell it, never buy another Porsche and only buy a product that has no issues that would prevent them from driving the car.

i mean it isn’t as if with those issues, they could even drive the car, much less appreciate the driving dynamics of a Porsche.

oh, the horror! the horror!
Sponsored

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
I opened this thread expecting to read about a failed main battery or 12v drainage issue or even the alarm going off every night. But unable to login to your MyPorsche account?? Come on man. ?

OP
OP

Jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Last week I received an email from Porsche ([email protected]) that they removed my Tacan from my PorscheID account. No explanation was offered. It said if this was incorrect to contact them. I called the PCNA phone number given and after waiting on hold for 27 minutes was told to login to my account and add the car back myself.

So I attempted to login to my account and was unable to do so. Either they don't like my email address or my password. I tried resetting my password, but never received the reset email.

I sent an email to [email protected], it's been a week with no response.

I presume I can no longer get my "free" charges from EA since I can't log into my account.

Any suggestions on how I might be able to resolve this, other than selling my Taycan and buying something else?
What amazes me the most about about the replies to this post are the porsche fanbois (who are apparently just as rabid as the tesla fanbois) that have attacked, slandered, or ridiculed me for daring to find fault, not with the car, but with the company, and missing the entre point of the post.

For these small-minded individuals I will try to make the point more clearly: Porsche's customer service is terrible. They ignore emails and old-fashion paper mail. All phone calls appear to go to phone banks in India. It's almost as if they don't want to have a customer service department.

I was hoping (but alas it is not to be) that someone on here would know of a way to reach someone at Porsche who gave a damn.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I was hoping (but alas it is not to be) that someone on here would know of a way to reach someone at Porsche who gave a damn.
I’ve always gone straight to my dealer with issues (since 2015). I’ve never had to escalate anything beyond there.

I wouldn’t know who else to reach out to because my dealer always takes care of me.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
What amazes me the most about about the replies to this post are the porsche fanbois (who are apparently just as rabid as the tesla fanbois) that have attacked, slandered, or ridiculed me for daring to find fault, not with the car, but with the company, and missing the entre point of the post.
I think a lot of that comes from the tone of the thread’s title. I think many people (myself included) find selling the car and swearing off Porsche a bit extreme given the issue.

Maybe the title was just meant to get people’s attention, but the reactions are not surprising.

I do hope you get it sorted.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag

For these small-minded individuals I will try to make the point more clearly: Porsche's customer service is terrible. They ignore emails and old-fashion paper mail. All phone calls appear to go to phone banks in India. It's almost as if they don't want to have a customer service department.

you are correct in your assessments of the call centers, porsche customer care is a black hole where complaints are sent to languish and many of the dealerships techs are not well versed on the nuances of the car, they mean well but lean on PCNA and germany for guidance which is either slow or inept at best.
I knew going into the porsche that the german manufacturers have a very poor track record with the electronics in their cars. and knowing that I accept the many minor faults that crop up because usually they are transitory (new buzzword) and self correct.
currently since terrible charging issue was finally corrected by porsche my main issue is the phantom braking caused by the system sending driver input is needed despite all the driver assist features being turned off. this causes a loss of acceleration and sometimes unexpected braking. this happens at all speeds and driving situations and while it recovers after a moment at high speeds the unexpected deceleration is scary.
(awaiting someone to tell me that this assessment is wrong and is caused by user error)

as for the fan bois, that is just life on internet forums.
don't get overly worked up by them, continue to voice your views, be persistent with the dealership and eventually a fix should come your way.

Last edited:

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
my main issue is the phantom braking caused by the system sending driver input is needed despite all the driver assist features being turned off. this causes a loss of acceleration and sometimes unexpected braking. this happens at all speeds and driving situations and while it recovers after a moment at high speeds the unexpected deceleration is scary.
This has happened to me a lot this autumn. And my Porsche InnoDrive and all other driver assist systems are gone, broken, defunct? Lately I noticed that the problem became much more frequent when driving towards a low rising or setting sun. At certain angles I could predict with a high degree of certainty, that the warning would activate. Maybe because of some camera or other sensor becoming completely blinded??

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I think you'll find most of us are praising and chastising Porsche in roughly equal measure. We love the cars, and hate the software bugs (and I'd characterize your issue as a software bug.) I will say that I have seen improvement on bugs over the past 5 months of ownership, so they're working on it.

I empathize with your situation and you're justifiably frustrated. I do agree with others that your first course of action should be to take it to the dealer.

At the risk of making broad assumptions, I expect most (if not all) of us are hoping for a resolution that gets you back on track enjoying your car.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
if the OP would bother to read the replies from the small minded individuals he would note not an attack on him, but in fact on Porsche the industry as a whole…

please explain with diagrams and pictures and data where you plan to go to experience better support? It’s an industry wide problem - and I’ve sampled most/all of the major brands in my lifetime - I simply ROFL when someone says this sucks I’m outta here because [blah blah blah] manufacturer sucks at [blip blip blip] and then expects it will be actually better some where else…

great you’re going to leave Porsche - good luck finding anything that is actually better, but you’re welcome to try.

we had a very very very good friend one day come home and complain about the competence of the register employee at McDonalds one day - she was furious until I calmed her down and asked her to think about what she was expecting from McDonalds…

by the time there is a problem the manufacturer has already lost - and to expect _ANY_ customer support to be actually useful and well versed on a brand new technology with many many many moving parts not controlled by the Manufacturer (EA stations anyone?) is a very very tall order, and frankly there is _NO_ manufacturer up the task and they all FAIL miserably when put to the test - at least that’s been my experience - all of THEM SUCK, always have, always will.

as to the quality of people answering phones in any major call bank for customer support - if they were any good/smart/articulate/competent at anything they could get a better job, and they would - employees working those types of jobs are doing the best they can for their personal circumstance - if they had greater skills they would be working a better job that would not include answering phones for a customer support call in bank…

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag

If the title had been just a bit less dramatic I think the replies would have been less caustic. I can understand being frustrated, but if you actually want help on a forum, not just a place to vent, a somewhat more restrained approach, in my experience, usually works better.

At any rate, I hope you get your problem resolved.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Last week I received an email from Porsche ([email protected]) that they removed my Tacan from my PorscheID account. No explanation was offered. It said if this was incorrect to contact them. I called the PCNA phone number given and after waiting on hold for 27 minutes was told to login to my account and add the car back myself.

So I attempted to login to my account and was unable to do so. Either they don't like my email address or my password. I tried resetting my password, but never received the reset email.

I sent an email to [email protected], it's been a week with no response.

I presume I can no longer get my "free" charges from EA since I can't log into my account.

Any suggestions on how I might be able to resolve this, other than selling my Taycan and buying something else?
Email Kjell Gruner ([email protected]), the CEO of Porsche North America with your story. I had a different, though similar issue and reached out directly to Kjell and the problem was solved lickedysplit.

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Crosss Turismo
Country flag
Jay,
I would agree with Dave.. No company is perfect. I designed cars for 30 years and trust me a shit load of R&D goes into a vehicle regardless if its cost 30K or 140K... cars are pretty complex and have shit go wrong with them.
If you think about it a car has to work in below zeroº temperatures to 140º sitting in the Arizona sun all day. I doubt anyones phone or computer would handle those extremes. Automobiles are the most complex consumer products made and there are bound to be some issue. Believe me I have had my fair share of issue with my Taycan and yes it's annoying. That said I have had exceptional customer service from Porsche NA and from my Dealer in CA (Porsche, Irvine). You need to reach out the right people do your research and be polite. I have learned it the hard way and trust me treating a customer service person with respect goes a long way to getting resolution. Certainly if you do all that and get no resolution and it's causing you all kinds of stress then sell the car. But I can guarantee you no car company makes a 100% reliable vehicle and has perfect customer service. As Dave says "the quality of people answering phones in any major call bank for customer support - if they were any good/smart/articulate/competent at anything they could get a better job, and they would - employees working those types of jobs are doing the best they can for their personal circumstance - if they had greater skills they would be working a better job that would not include answering phones for a customer support call in bank"....well said.

Best advice I can give you is be grateful you can afford a $130K car in the first place because trust me no-one on the call center can relate to what your upset about. Look man you're not dying of cancer and your kids aren't drug addicts ( I hope).
There are a lot worse thing that can happen in you life then having an issue with a luxury car app deleting your account. Take it down a thousand.... you will live longer.
Good luck I hope it works out for you.
SR

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
You don't seem to apply many brain cells to your reading activities. How would you fare if you purchased a car and could not get customer service, could not get the "free" charging that is supposed to be included with the car, could not get warranty service, etc. That is what I am facing at the moment.

I am hopeful that this will be straightened out, but it is a problem manufactured by either Porsche or PCNA.
I think what some folks were suggesting is that the title of your post "Might have to sell my Taycan and give up on owning any Porsche" seems slightly over-dramatic, almost click-bait-like, and completely non-descriptive as to what problem you are experiencing. Unfortunately that happens in the real-world - nothing is perfect. If you're going to "sell the product and never buy anther of that brand" with every product you end up experiencing problems, you will end up owning not many products, especially complex ones like the Taycan.

PS> I've owned many cars in my life. Best overall experience was a Lexus, then Porsche (though the last one I owned was a decade and half ago) - based on a combination of least problems (not none) and best overall service dealing with those problems. Lexus doesn't have a performance EV right now. Porsche is your best bet, though I also hear good things about the Mercedes service and their EQS seems compelling if performance if not your top priority. If you're looking for perfection, it doesn't exist.

OP
OP

Jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think a lot of that comes from the tone of the thread’s title. I think many people (myself included) find selling the car and swearing off Porsche a bit extreme given the issue.

Maybe the title was just meant to get people’s attention, but the reactions are not surprising.

I do hope you get it sorted.
Yes, the title was a bit inflammatory, taking a 'stuck' situation and extrapolating it to a logical extreme. But it certainly did encourage responses. I believe it will get sorted eventually. I have no hope that PCNA customer support will be the engineer of it's solution.
Sponsored