Porsche plant summer shutdown 2021

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
Does anyone know what are the dates and duration of the plant's summer shutdown ?
whole month of august ? first/last two weeks of august ?

My car has been stuck in production due to missing parts and chips since july 16th, and as my dealer is unable to give me a new delivery date (intial date was july 23rd), I'm interested in knowing when the mfg plant closes this summer.

Thanks
Sponsored

Reactions: vdr

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
You should not worry about summer shutdown, they are rather ready to assembly on weekends too out of closure.

"We always make sure our customers don’t have to wait too long.” Porsche has “a certain priority” within the Volkswagen Group due to its highly profitable models. In the second half of the year, the company wants to catch up on weekends. “But that also depends on the availability of semiconductors.”

https://newsbeezer.com/germanyeng/l...creative-porsche-installs-fake-chips-in-cars/

What you should worry about is the semiconductor shortage that nobody knows when will be solved. This is why no dealer , either the manufacturer able to say when your car will arrive.

They are ready to supply cars without (not so important) functions saving some chips, but there is a limit for this certainly.

So no chips: maybe longer summer break. Lot of chips: working 7 days a week.

Mercedes and couple of other manufacturers reported extra factory shutdowns due to semiconductor issue.

Perspectives on short/mid terms are not so good.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
I see mention of a summer holiday for the Leipzig plant (AFAIK Taycans are not produced here):
https://shop.porsche-leipzig.com/en/factory-tour

"Porsche Leipzig will be closed from 31st July 2021 to 23rd August 2021 inclusive due to the summer holidays.
Please note that we cannot work on enquiries and purchase orders during that period but will process all requests from 24th August 2021 on. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

I can't find similar info for Zuffenhausen where the Taycan is produced.

FWIW, I received an email my wife's Taycan was produced but it has not reflected this in TYD. I do think there is a summer holiday shutdown holding up final QA of the vehicle - my SA is investigating.

I experienced this with BMW in the past when I could not do Euro Delivery of a particular model in August for an already booked/planned trip.

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Between possible closures, and impending chip delay (that's hitting harder than Porsche expected), I wouldn't be surprised if existing orders are bush back a bit. At least that's what I'm hearing for the US marketing.

themickd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 2020 Macan S
Country flag
FWIW, I received an email my wife's Taycan was produced but it has not reflected this in TYD. I do think there is a summer holiday shutdown holding up final QA of the vehicle - my SA is investigating.
Same thing happened to me. Got an email saying my Taycan has completed production (on time) and then two days later my TYD estimate went from 56 days to 99 days. I'm very frustrated by this and my SA's response was not helpful whatsoever. Perhaps it's not his fault, but when someone is spending $150k on a car, I would expect better.

TCT

First Name
François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB E350, Taycan CT4 Mamba green
Country flag
I see mention of a summer holiday for the Leipzig plant (AFAIK Taycans are not produced here):
https://shop.porsche-leipzig.com/en/factory-tour

"Porsche Leipzig will be closed from 31st July 2021 to 23rd August 2021 inclusive due to the summer holidays.
Please note that we cannot work on enquiries and purchase orders during that period but will process all requests from 24th August 2021 on. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

I can't find similar info for Zuffenhausen where the Taycan is produced.

I experienced this with BMW in the past when I could not do Euro Delivery of a particular model in August for an already booked/planned trip.
I found this for Zuffenhausen
Factory delivery in Zuffenhausen – Factory Tour, Museum etc. - Porsche AG
Sponsored