Porsche Please Listen the Customers and change……

RickDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I’ve been German car lover, BMW, Mercedes, then Jaguar until Tesla released the Model S since 2012, already owned 5 model S cars in my household. Tesla has many many good things and less bad issue, but most of owners love the company like apple. The main reason is that Tesla has listened what customers want and implement in the cars, th following are few. Dog mode is amazing, you can leave your dog and the temperature is set, also shows on the screen that the dog is safe and the car temperature, people asked for Karaoke “done” Joe mode to avoid the car alarms to wake up babies “done” sentry security mode “done” sentry recording and availability to see in the car screen “done” increase Model S 75D 0-60 speed from 5.1 down to 4.1, “ done” Spotify “done” Pin o drive after some Teslas were stolen in Europe “done” Speed limiter in the app after a youth got kill speeding in FL “done” Camping mode A/C and power “done” All of this has been added by Tesla after customers asked via Tweets and update via OTA for free to all Tesla fleet no matter the car model year, only limitation hardware, that is why they got loyalty to the brand because they listen.
Now this what it has to be improved for the Taycan to interact with users the same way the car looks, updated and modern.

1. please let us enter address in the navigation while the car is moving, last week my wife and I have to pull over on the freeway und the storm because the non-sense prohibition of entering an address, your speech recognition and gestures aren’t that good so the ability to enter the address is a most, please we live in a time of people’s not wearing mask in a pandemic so entering the address is not a big deal is worst pulling the cellphone and do it.
2. Add another regenerative mode, I totally understand that people that do track need/want same experience as an ICE car, cool, however one pedal driving is amazing and unique experience that EVs offers and one additional setting won’t affect anyone in fact all your old and new customers will be happy to choose what regen they prefer.
3. Allow us to set driver’s profile driving mode, regen and car sound if possible audio settings too, I feel like a pilot with a checklist every morning setting the can the way I like.
4. Sentry mode like would be nice, you have the cameras and sensor.
5. Allow to use the rear camera on while driving.
6. make simpler the charging settings just slide the finger and choose battery %
7. Allow us to see charging speed per mile and also per hour.
8. Remove the need of app use for ElectrifyAmerica stations, make it plug and charge
9. Add pin to drive, non Tesla has been stolen from owners using it.
Sponsored

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
IMHO Tesla wastes so much bandwidth on fru-fru like this instead of actually making the car better.

Hey, here’s an update, but you can’t see the release notes until you do the upgrade. Ok great, maybe they’ve finally addressed the damn phantom braking....scroll, scroll, scroll...no but they’ve updated dog mode & karaoke. Splendid.

I’ll care about Dog Mode when the dog starts making payments.

And I start letting the dog ride in the Taycan.

And I actually get a dog.

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S, '21 Cayenne S, '21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
If Tesla is so responsive, apparently nobody has ever requested that they improve on the dreadfully boring appearance of the cars or the fit/finish of the interior(?).

OP
OP

RickDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
If Tesla is so responsive, apparently nobody has ever requested that they improve on the dreadfully boring appearance of the cars or the fit/finish of the interior(?).
Yo should try to give feedback to Porsche, they can do better, the old ways to do car business is over, innovation is not only about the EV motors and batterie, infotainment and other things are equal importan, in fact millennials are focus on that. Yes you right Tesla’s are ugly with the exception of model S which is already a 8 years old design.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
1. please let us enter address in the navigation while the car is moving, last week my wife and I have to pull over on the freeway und the storm because the non-sense prohibition of entering an address, your speech recognition and gestures aren’t that good so the ability to enter the address is a most, please we live in a time of people’s not wearing mask in a pandemic so entering the address is not a big deal is worst pulling the cellphone and do it.
2. Add another regenerative mode, I totally understand that people that do track need/want same experience as an ICE car, cool, however one pedal driving is amazing and unique experience that EVs offers and one additional setting won’t affect anyone in fact all your old and new customers will be happy to choose what regen they prefer.
3. Allow us to set driver’s profile driving mode, regen and car sound if possible audio settings too, I feel like a pilot with a checklist every morning setting the can the way I like.
6. make simpler the charging settings just slide the finger and choose battery %
8. Remove the need of app use for ElectrifyAmerica stations, make it plug and charge
I certainly see why all of these might be attractive optionality, but I suspect that very few of these would actually see the light of day for quite a while. Right now, Porsche are really focused on fixing what software that they have (a rightly so - I cannot imagine what the Jira logs look like over there!). At some level, I suspect that some of the issues that they feel like they are enduring right now have some genesis in fluctuating, conflicting, and relatively late in development feature requests by product managers. They are going to fight any feature requests like these unless the restriction itself is rooted in the cause of the problem to begin with (e.g., if the restriction on navigation address entry was added by Legal/Risk/Compliance at the end and now causes some kind of problem that they need to fix).

For now, at least for #1, if you're using CarPlay, your spouse can input destinations into the phone even while UR driving. I like some of these, but these are way down the Jira board even for me. I suppose the one chance you have for some of these is if big fixes look a long way off and these are easy, they could roll some of these out just to buy them some time with an increasingly grumpy owner population.

grahamsimmonds

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hmmm. You don’t the Tesla updates that introduced #batterygate or #chargegate without consent? The update that stopped my music USB stick working? The software bugs that destroyed the EMMC chip? Or the three development-cycles of Autopilot which I had to endure where it went backwards?

Porsche has nothing to learn from Tesla.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
@RickDC it seems in fact you are asking Porsche to make it like a Tesla. I wouldn't like that. One of the negative sides of having a smartphone on wheels like Tesla is a big drain of the battery when parking. I would go crazy if my car does it.

BTW: entering navigation adresses is possible in different markets like EU, so it may be law in the US and can be coded. You can't enter the adress with voice command neither?

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
For now, at least for #1, if you're using CarPlay, your spouse can input destinations into the phone even while UR driving.
this is a very poor fix, if you are driving alone, fiddling with your phone to input an address to it is far more distracting than inputting it to the nav system.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
this is a very poor fix, if you are driving alone, fiddling with your phone to input an address to it is far more distracting than inputting it to the nav system.
Agreed. It's a workaround for the scenario the OP posited when his spouse was in the car. Not ideal, but it's more likely that Tesla takes the functionality referenced away after they get sued for allowing people to type in nav addresses while the car is moving than it is that Porsche makes it possible.

nelsonmanha

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
I’ve been German car lover, BMW, Mercedes, then Jaguar until Tesla released the Model S since 2012, already owned 5 model S cars in my household. Tesla has many many good things and less bad issue, but most of owners love the company like apple. The main reason is that Tesla has listened what customers want and implement in the cars, th following are few. Dog mode is amazing, you can leave your dog and the temperature is set, also shows on the screen that the dog is safe and the car temperature, people asked for Karaoke “done” Joe mode to avoid the car alarms to wake up babies “done” sentry security mode “done” sentry recording and availability to see in the car screen “done” increase Model S 75D 0-60 speed from 5.1 down to 4.1, “ done” Spotify “done” Pin o drive after some Teslas were stolen in Europe “done” Speed limiter in the app after a youth got kill speeding in FL “done” Camping mode A/C and power “done” All of this has been added by Tesla after customers asked via Tweets and update via OTA for free to all Tesla fleet no matter the car model year, only limitation hardware, that is why they got loyalty to the brand because they listen.
Now this what it has to be improved for the Taycan to interact with users the same way the car looks, updated and modern.

100% agreed!!!!! I have a tesla and a taycan… I do not understand some of the porsche issues with the software development!!!!!!! I was told the driving modes was something to do with homologation ( this is a EV) the requirements are different ! I cannot leave the car the way I want without messing around with setting and the stupid wheel thing on the steering wheel!!!!1
I noticed with my porsche experience ( 6 porsches over the years) the technicians the dealer are not trained properly on the electronic functions of the car . they don t even know how the car truly works. I hope it is different with he mechanical training.
Porsche needs to listen and give the customer the choice of selecting their setting . They do not have a problem doing the crazy charges for every single option of the car when you are buying. The same level of detail should be second nature for a company that charges you more or less for a simple color of the stitching . why not let me use my 100+K car the way I want

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Kia EV9
Folks, it’s totally ok to request updates to the software on this car! Porsche advertised that the vehicle would be capable of OTA updates, so why shouldn’t we request some? Everyone may not want the same thing, and I’m sure Porsche won’t necessarily oblige us, but it’s ok to ask. I would like to see some of these updates, and others of my own irking addressed too, like the Sirius XM Favorites screen going BACK to showing what is playing on the channels, instead of tuning to it. This doesnt have to be a Tesla vs Taycan/Porsche thing. Just a make this car better, and we ALL know the software could use some MAJOR tune up and improvement, to match the superior driving and luxury experience we get in the car. Seriously, this car is a 10 in all aspects except the software which is a 6 or 7 at best. They can do better. We can ask or want that. Maybe Tesla, Lucid or Ford does something better software wise, no reason Porsche cant take note and make a similar software improvement. It doesnt water down the car or brand, we just increase the lead our car has over those brands! All good!

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Folks, it’s totally ok to request updates to the software on this car!
That’s fine. And had that been what this post was, I’m sure it would have received different responses. But given what the post actually was, it received the responses I would have expected...
Sponsored