Porsche Please Listen the Customers and change……

sboggsisu

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Base
Country flag
Just traded in my MS for a Taycan 3 weeks ago. Owned the MS for 4.5 years. Loved it for the most part, but there's only a few things I'd add out of this list. Yes to regen mode - loved the 'one pedal driving' experience. Sentry mode was nice although I rarely used it. Never used the PIN. Rear camera while driving is a gimmick - never used it. My sales rep told me they will soon release the need to not use the app for charging? Not sure how accurate that was.

The 2 things not on the list I would absolutely add are 'auto lock when you walk away' (miss that the most). Auto home link tied to GPS (miss that 2nd most).
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I don't care about T. I just don't understand fanboys telling everybody that "Porsche software engineers need to go for an internship at T" or "Porsche software is absolutely rubbish a million miles behind T"

20210603_092228.png

New this morning! And yes, the car gets updates, the car had the recall of the faulty memory chip done and yes, it still drives like a soapbox.
could it be because on the tech side of the two cars that the tesla is indeed superior?
I knew going into the taycan that the tech on the taycan was poor, I deal with it's wonkiness.
I enjoy the pre drive toggling of settings that need to be reset every time the car starts. I enjoy have to X out the backup camera to access the homelink screen, then Xing out the home link screen and wait to see if maybe the car play will start up without having to reconnect the phone.
bottom line, the tech features in the taycan have a long ways to go before being suited for prime time. nonetheless none of these annoyances detract from the awesomeness of the taycan's driving performance, so fiddling around for a minute or two is just a small price to pay for a great ride.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
wait, it doesn’t have that?
the difference is that in the tesla the homelink opens/closes the door without having to push the button like you do in the taycan

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
the difference is that in the tesla the homelink opens/closes the door without having to push the button like you do in the taycan
Well that’s disappointing. The car already uses gps for charging profiles doesn’t it? Maybe in a software update down the road.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Well that’s disappointing. The car already uses gps for charging profiles doesn’t it? Maybe in a software update down the road.
I don't think that you're grasping the gist of thread, porsche/taycan are way below the curve with their tech.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I don't think that you're grasping the gist of thread, porsche/taycan are way below the curve with their tech.
I get it. I just hoped for more progress in this area. The electronics in all my Porsches have had disappointing annoyances, it sounds like this one will be no different.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I get it. I just hoped for more progress in this area. The electronics in all my Porsches have had disappointing annoyances, it sounds like this one will be no different.
why would the germans change their ways? :cool:

ORZOWEI

First Name
ORZO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X P100D - Taycan Turbo S (2021)
Country flag
in all my 9 years, 3 teslas, I never had any sort of an issue with the car locking just walking away.
Same here, It´s half of the keyless access, and Taycan should support that !!!

sboggsisu

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Base
Country flag
And you have to dedicate one of the diamond buttons to the homelink and turn off the location sensor - or else you have to go through a myriad of windows to do it (see another thread on here about homelink). Either way is ridiculous.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Not becoming a death trap?

1622787342999.png
Sounds mysterious?

But it seems Taycan is no better?

THe car seems to be working mostly…… Had the door electronics go a little weird on me a couple of times so could not open the driver door to get out……. but after a while it let me out…… :) also some of my settings such as ambient lighting do not stay with the color I select so I think it will have to go in again quite soon…….. a bit tedious……….

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
It's official - this thread has jumped the shark. Quoting "news reports" from China about some dude stuck in a Tesla for 10 minutes????? I think that is a new low for this forum.

The thread started with a little promise - even though there was a request for "dog mode" and "sentry mode," but now it has devolved into posting ludicrous crap out of China. Let's wrap this one up, nothing to see here!!!

Porsche Taycan Porsche Please Listen the Customers and change…… Unknown-1
Sponsored