Porsche Please Listen the Customers and change……

Harbor_Dawg

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 90D; 2020 Porsche GT4; Ram 1500
Country flag
I also love dog mode in my Model X. The workaround with the Taycan is to turn it on with Connect app, but this should be available with a button in the screen...
Thanks for sharing - I thought it might be and will plan to activate it that way when needed. A button would certainly be nice, and easy/inexpensive for Porsche to add.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot

ORZOWEI

First Name
ORZO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X P100D - Taycan Turbo S (2021)
Country flag
This 200% - its in an entirely weird spot seemingly for battery conditionitioning, NOT cabin.
EXACTLY, it should be inside the clima menu, and it should be easier to find and setting the temperature.
Only in the app it´s more accesible...

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
This 200% - its in an entirely weird spot seemingly for battery conditionitioning, NOT cabin.
But you found it.
Two clicks.
That's it.
Wow...
What on earth are you complaining about?
It's there, it stays there, it works, done.
I really don't understand your problems.
Just be glad we don't whine about serious problems, how 'bout that? ?

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
EXACTLY, it should be inside the clima menu, and it should be easier to find and setting the temperature.
Only in the app it´s more accesible...
You are right.
But...it isn't.
Done.

Now, to make this a more constructive topic: what more do you want to change?

Last edited:

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
But you found it.
Two clicks.
That's it.
Wow...
What on earth are you complaining about?
It's there, it stays there, it works, done.
I really don't understand your problems.
Just be glad we don't whine about serious problems, how 'bout that? ?
man, you are clearly the smartest guy in this forum - reminds me of a post where you rant about spacers and lowering not being the spec of the car and how silly it is to make these kind of modifications, and then the very next post I read (because that is what I was researching) was your car complete with spacers and lowered.

Get over yourself and recognize your opinion isn't everyone else's opinion. Frankly I really don't understand your problem(s), or your need to condescend to those that differ from your view.

As Porsche continues to develop, and they see this as an opportunity for improvement feel free to turn off over the air updates because you like it just the way it is. SMH.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
man, you are clearly the smartest guy in this forum - reminds me of a post where you rant about spacers and lowering not being the spec of the car and how silly it is to make these kind of modifications, and then the very next post I read (because that is what I was researching) was your car complete with spacers and lowered.

Get over yourself and recognize your opinion isn't everyone else's opinion. Frankly I really don't understand your problem(s), or your need to condescend to those that differ from your view.

As Porsche continues to develop, and they see this as an opportunity for improvement feel free to turn off over the air updates because you like it just the way it is. SMH.

Well said. There's nothing wrong with expecting more from your vehicle, especially from a software standpoint. This sort of technology is only expanding and becoming more commonplace in the vehicle market, on cars that cost a fraction of what a Porsche costs. Something tells me most folks here didn't get to the point in life where they could afford a Porsche because they were satisfied with the status quo and just accepted things as they were.

ORZOWEI

First Name
ORZO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X P100D - Taycan Turbo S (2021)
Country flag

Exactly, I love your definition of that guy!
Let´s see if he can learn something good out of this long thread...

I think everybody is here to learn more about the Taycan.

We´ve spent a lot of our hard earned money (at least I did) to buy it, and we should get the best possible experience from Porsche.

They are not paying us to justify all the wrong things with the car. We are paying THEM to fix it on time and deliver a better user experience with the PCM and the rest of the software, because it looks like it´s far from perfect by now, and that is sad, because the rest of the car is very close to perfection!

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
:idea: Maybe they put the button in the charging popup, because Porsche thought customers only want to keep the car cool while charging?

I'd like to have such a button in the AC settings, along with extra buttons to control the back seat climate. :rolleyes:

Well, at least we know there is room to improve the UI. :giggle:

TaycanNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
That IS possible.
Press precool/heat on the lower screen and it'll run for an hour.
People should get familiar with their vehicle before they refer to Tesla... ??‍♂

Screenshot_20211005-223455.png
That’s great to know! Not super intuitive but it does the job. “Precool Heat” to me would mean that it is cooling BEFORE you get into the car. The Tesla is just much more intuitive, whereas the Porsche takes the typical German approach of requiring you to read the 500 page manual to operate.

Nuttyatco

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Not accurate , cars that locked itself walking away that I owned Jaguars, Mercedes, BMW, Tesla and my Taycan 2021, of course you have to activate the future in setting. One more things, they never locked if the key is inside the car or the trunk.
My Tesla model S locked itself with the key inside.
Sponsored