Gambler

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN 4
Country flag
I received an email from Porsche for the power loss recall. They recommended to schedule a service to reprogram the car.
Sponsored

gcarreira

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Yes but I was told by the dealer where I purchased the car that they do not have the up date. This has been going on for over 6 to 8 weeks after receiving the email and mail notification. Dealers closer to where I live now told me I must go to where I purchased the car.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
That sounds like hogwash - any bona fide Porsche dealership / franchise should undertake this work for you. I suggest letting Porsche North America know about this.

This is a safety recall - you MUST get the work done.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Isn't ANY authorized dealer able to perform any recall and simply bill Porsche and therefore make money? Or does Porsche have some agreement with all dealers that they eat all software update costs, perhaps some deal they srtuck to keep Porsche from deploying over-the-air updates (maybe dealers thought it would be a good idea to bring customers in for software recalls to try to upsell them on a new car, but didn't think such updates would apply to very new cars where customers are not willing to trade up).

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Yes but I was told by the dealer where I purchased the car that they do not have the up date. This has been going on for over 6 to 8 weeks after receiving the email and mail notification. Dealers closer to where I live now told me I must go to where I purchased the car.
I purchased my Taycan from the dealer in Danbury Connecticut in 2020. I had the big software done in May 2021 by the dealer in Georgia where I moved. Any Porsche dealer can do the update. FYI, I did not receive an email or letter for the power loss recall. The dealer checked and confirmed that my car is not subject to the additional recall. It seems that not all Taycans are subject to the recall.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I purchased my Taycan from the dealer in Danbury Connecticut in 2020. I had the big software done in May 2021 by the dealer in Georgia where I moved. Any Porsche dealer can do the update. FYI, I did not receive an email or letter for the power loss recall. The dealer checked and confirmed that my car is not subject to the additional recall. It seems that not all Taycans are subject to the recall.
That's right - VIN number dependent - there is a post on this forum with the VIN ranges.

ampitup

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Which dealer in Georgia did your software update and how long did it take?

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
For the big software update back in May 2021 WMA5 I used Hennessy Porsche. It took about 1 week. During the update my PCM started to crash. They were able to recover it before it bricked. I didn’t have any issues before or after the update. I‘m glad that my Taycan isn’t subject to power loss recall. It was the first US delivered Taycan 4S on the forum so I was a bit surprised when the dealer told me the news (I also checked the VIN on the NHTSA site to confirm)
Sponsored