rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
Fortunately I have an existing service visit for Monday morning already (FoD failure issue) so I will make sure they address this also.
same here, car will be in the workshop beginning today (also connect issue), and would be surprised if they are able to already do the recall update.
Sponsored

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
The recall is now up on the NHTSA site
btw: current software version is 0011 updated to 0012

my findings:

the document states:

Power electronics front axle 600A (Taycan Turbo and Turbo S): 9J1907123F
Power electronics front axle 300A: 9J1907124L (Predecessor 9J1907124P)
Power electronics rear axle: 9J1907123F

Which is not really true: Tehe Turbo has a front 300A inverter to differ from the Turbo S and clearly (at least my) has 9J1907124L built in the front.

Last edited:

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
same here, car will be in the workshop beginning today (also connect issue), and would be surprised if they are able to already do the recall update.
Yeah good call - they refused it until it shows on Porsche's recall system.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
it needs some pressure I guess. Of course they cannot install an update that is not presented or available in their tester software.

Zillion27

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A7
Country flag
I am picking up my Taycan a couple weeks but it was produced 5+ weeks ago. Does anyone know what are the numbers I am looking for (and where do I find them) to know I am getting the car fully up to date?

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
I ran into this error the other day. I wonder if it's the same problem.

Fortunately, I was sitting at a red light when it happened. Once this error appeared, the accelerator did nothing. Changing "gears" (D/N/R) did nothing.

I turned off the car using the power button, then I turned it back on. Everything worked. I haven't had the problem since then. I reported this to my dealer, and he said that they hadn't seen it before.

20210625_Taycan 4S Engine Control Erorr_WCK_0001.jpg
This is exactly what happened to me. I was at a stop sign, accelerated out of it, the red light came on, and I barely made it through the intersection before the car came to a complete halt.

I turned off and back on the car...it was fine. I reported to my dealer who made an appointment with me immediately. My car is "fixed" so they say.

It is an awful feeling not *knowing* if you car will stall out on you!

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
I am picking up my Taycan a couple weeks but it was produced 5+ weeks ago. Does anyone know what are the numbers I am looking for (and where do I find them) to know I am getting the car fully up to date?
Go to the report linked below, look up which of the twelve Vehicle numbers matches your car's year and model, then check the production date range affected for that one. Mine is a 2021 Taycan Turbo produced in February 2021, so it's Vehicle 5, and is not affected, because the affected production dates end in December 2020.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2021/RCLRPT-21V486-3851.PDF

RecoveringGT3Addict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Country flag
Go to the report linked below, look up which of the twelve Vehicle numbers matches your car's year and model, then check the production date range affected for that one. Mine is a 2021 Taycan Turbo produced in February 2021, so it's Vehicle 5, and is not affected, because the affected production dates end in December 2020.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2021/RCLRPT-21V486-3851.PDF
Mine seems to be just inside the range based on the VIN and is slated to be at dealer on 8/6. I am thinking I should tell them I am not taking delivery until I know the car has been updated.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Mine seems to be just inside the range based on the VIN and is slated to be at dealer on 8/6. I am thinking I should tell them I am not taking delivery until I know the car has been updated.
My experience last week when picking up my Taycan 4s is that there is a Stop Sale recall on these cars. They wouldn't let me pick up the car until the update was completed.

RecoveringGT3Addict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Country flag
My experience last week when picking up my Taycan 4s is that there is a Stop Sale recall on these cars. They wouldn't let me pick up the car until the update was completed.
Thank you. That gives me hope they'll do the right thing...

Bmann312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hey guys. Base model Taycan owner here. I ran into this issue about 2 weeks ago. Fortunately, the error came on while I was stopped at a red light. My dealer said it would take 4 days for the software update and the German engineers were still having issues correcting this. Now I'm waiting on a part from Germany to fix this issue. I'm very loyal to Porsche, but this sucks. My cars been in the service center for about 2 weeks now.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hey guys. Base model Taycan owner here. I ran into this issue about 2 weeks ago. Fortunately, the error came on while I was stopped at a red light. My dealer said it would take 4 days for the software update and the German engineers were still having issues correcting this. Now I'm waiting on a part from Germany to fix this issue. I'm very loyal to Porsche, but this sucks. My cars been in the service center for about 2 weeks now.
The fix for this problem came out the week of June 28. Hopefully your dealer will be able to download the update and get it installed quickly.

I don’t know what’s taking him so long, but perhaps there were other updates needed for your vehicle.

please keep the rest of us posted since perhaps you have something else going on.

Bmann312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
The fix for this problem came out the week of June 28. Hopefully your dealer will be able to download the update and get it installed quickly.

I don’t know what’s taking him so long, but perhaps there were other updates needed for your vehicle.

please keep the rest of us posted since perhaps you have something else going on.
Alright guys after a 2 week wait, I finally got my car updated. It had a "fault in booster for pilot line open circuit." So the part that was installed was a "High voltage booster." Drove it in all modes on the way home and performed launch control. No issues. Still can't wipe the smile off my face. Just love this car! :cool:
Sponsored