Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Mercedes E500 4Matic Wagon
Country flag
Hello All,

Newbie to the forum here, but really glad to have stumbled upon a group of EV enthusiasts. I myself am a Porsche Brand Ambassador located in the Southwest, USA. I hope to be a good resource to all of you, as I'm not certain as to whether you've had someone who actually works at Porsche contribute to these forums often. While I won't post this often, I do also have the ability to place orders for Taycans in the event your local connections are not providing you that option. Really here to help out, but can serve in that capacity if someone had the itch.

I look forward to assisting / learning from you all as you own your cars!

* side note...I cannot see any vehicle production information if you've already ordered something and it's in your name. I can only see available units that are either available to order, in production (unspoken for), and in transit/on the ground. The allocations get locked and hidden once someone reserves them.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks for posting! Hopefully you won't be deluged with questions about "when will my Taycan show up?"

On another note, I read on the internet (so it must be true!) that Porsche may have a "delay compensation package" for buyers who have had their ordered delay a lot? Rumor was that there maybe some credit or discount on tequipment./

thanks

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for posting! Hopefully you won't be deluged with questions about "when will my Taycan show up?"

On another note, I read on the internet (so it must be true!) that Porsche may have a "delay compensation package" for buyers who have had their ordered delay a lot? Rumor was that there maybe some credit or discount on tequipment./

thanks
Hi there! Thanks for the note about the questions I may get...haha...made an edit.

And to your question about the delay, there is nothing published internally right now. Historically, I can say it has happened on occasion for delays of other cars. However, Porsche may have their hands tied here as they really have had no control over the pandemic situation. While I'm sure they wish to keep as many folks happy as they can, it's really hard to claim responsibility and fault for something that would fall under an "Act of God." Cost/benefit of supplying sufficient information and proper reopening / production and deciding to also provide financial compensation for a non-fault of the company.

There could be something on a case-by-case basis, but no word from PCNA on this, no.

Hard times, but unique to everyone including Porsche AG.

Thanks for the note!

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
it's really hard to claim responsibility and fault for something that would fall under an "Act of God." Cost/benefit of supplying sufficient information and proper reopening / production and deciding to also provide financial compensation for a non-fault of the company.
Thanks. That is a totally reasonable position. I expect 0, but asked since I heard about it - but most likely an internet rumor spurred by a wish.

Take care!

Bruce Sargeant

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 911S, 2006 Cayenne
Country flag
I'm interested in a paint to sample order. Do you know when this might be possible? Dealer's don't know so I'm assuming awhile.

Thanks!

BenJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi,

thank you a lot for your message here!

Do you know if OTA update will bring new features later this year on the Taycan? I thought more specifically about CarPlay WiFi and remote park assist (Taycan is large so it’s particularly useful to park remotely when your garage is small)

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm interested in a paint to sample order. Do you know when this might be possible? Dealer's don't know so I'm assuming awhile.

Thanks!
Hello! PTS (paint to sample) is not going to be offered for Taycan at this time. No ETA on availability, it's not on the schedule for the upcoming year.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi,

thank you a lot for your message here!

Do you know if OTA update will bring new features later this year on the Taycan? I thought more specifically about CarPlay WiFi and remote park assist (Taycan is large so it’s particularly useful to park remotely when your garage is small)
Great question! We also are uncertain as to why Apple CarPlay is wired at this time with this MY20 year. Perhaps, similar to Cayenne, we will see this come into play on the next model year, but unannounced at this time. MY19 Cayenne had wired, MY20 was quietly released with wireless, etc.

Regarding remote control of the vehicle, uncertain as the current capacity of the vehicle with regards to sensors/cameras is yet to be announced. This would require Surround View to be standard and probably a lot more sensing capability by the car. It's not been our (brand's) style to have something done without human interaction (ex. the slower adaption of driving safety features throughout the lineup...adaptive cruise...lane keep...etc). Great questions, but likely to be more hardware related with future models than OTA.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Great question! We also are uncertain as to why Apple CarPlay is wired at this time with this MY20 year. Perhaps, similar to Cayenne, we will see this come into play on the next model year, but unannounced at this time. MY19 Cayenne had wired, MY20 was quietly released with wireless, etc.
The 2020 manual refers to wireless: " iPhone connected via the USB port or wirelessly with access to Apple CarPlay." so sounds like maybe a software update will enable it.

Jack P

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla models
Country flag
Thank you meister
Just got 4s 5 days ago ...in love!
Questions about regulating charging :
1 optimal charge to preserve battery?
How to set charge limit?
car? Cell phone?charge unit?
How to program automatic 1 drivers positions and 2 have car automatically allow extra room to exit vehicle?

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
How to set charge limit?
You can set up a profile (general) with a minimum charge to always keep battery at a minimum when you plug in (say 35-40%). Porsche recommends charging to 85% unless you need max range. So you can set the charge limit when you set a timer for departure. This includes preconditioning and max charge. I set up a few timers for regular times (repeating) with various max charge (like 70% or 85%) and enable the one that makes most sense for that day for it to charge overnight. If you do direct charging it will charge to 100% with no limit.

Another way you can do it is use no timer, but set the minimum charge level in a profile to say 80%. That way every time to plug in it will charge to that amount.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thank you meister
Just got 4s 5 days ago ...in love!
How to set charge limit?
car? Cell phone?charge unit?
How to program automatic 1 drivers positions and 2 have car automatically allow extra room to exit vehicle?
Sorry I don't have a lot of answer except that you set limit in app for the car. Generally the charger units never control the limit. It's the car that says "I'm full."

As for more answers I suggest you download the "Porsche Good to Know" app for Android or iOS.

Jack P

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla models
Country flag
You can set up a profile (general) with a minimum charge to always keep battery at a minimum when you plug in (say 35-40%). Porsche recommends charging to 85% unless you need max range. So you can set the charge limit when you set a timer for departure. This includes preconditioning and max charge. I set up a few timers for regular times (repeating) with various max charge (like 70% or 85%) and enable the one that makes most sense for that day for it to charge overnight. If you do direct charging it will charge to 100% with no limit.

Another way you can do it is use no timer, but set the minimum charge level in a profile to say 80%. That way every time to plug in it will charge to that amount.
Thank you! Do I set the charge limit in the car?, The charge unit itself? Or the cell phone app?

Jack P

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla models
Country flag
I live in a warm climate in South Florida the car is garage so do I need to be concerned about preconditioning?

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I live in a warm climate in South Florida the car is garage so do I need to be concerned about preconditioning?
Pre-conditioning is not only for the battery which would not be needed in Florida, it also pre-conditions the interior to your desired temp AC or Heat as needed, you generally can select that 20min before you plan to leave. That may be useful in Florida. :cool:
Sponsored