f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I’d like to see Porsche offer user selective regen modes controlled with paddle shifters.
The Audi E-Tron GT has that if you want it.
Sponsored

bluedonkey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
There are times when coasting is more efficient, but there are also times when one pedal / heavy regen can help. Having steering wheel paddles that allow selection of regen level means this choice can be made as you drive easily, and also adds some more driver interaction (you can use
the regen in a similar way to downshifting).

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
After originally coming across this thread, I've been driving with recuperation OFF for about a week and decided to switch back to ON.

Although, more efficient I just couldn't get used to the driving dynamics--having the car coast every time there's no accelerator input is like putting the car in Neutral all the time. When I was taught to drive a manual, I was told to have the car in gear as much as possible while it's moving. For city driving, I'd hardly ever go from 50-0mph without being in gear, only switching to neutral from 30mph or less.

Some other reasons....
- don't like riding the brake pedal
- the "brake pedal initial bite" is better when recuperation is ON since the car is already applying some level of recuperation when your foot is off the accelerator
- there's more control when approaching a turn or mid turn (this is especially true in a corner that has a declining slope)

On another note, you can always tell who sucks at one pedal driving. They're usually Teslas who seem like they're brake checking people with no one near them.

Last edited:

or1

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
The Audi E-Tron GT has that if you want it.
Yes, the paddles do that, but their range of recuperation strength is just as limited as with the Taycan.
Even though I now definitely prefer two-pedal driving (after giving myself a couple of weeks to get used to it), I think what the Audi paddles do is far from what it should have been.
Sponsored