Porsche should bring a Taycan sedan to compete with Tesla Model 3

Series7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 BMW M550i
Country flag
The J1 underpinning could readily be adapted with a short wheelbase and two-door body as the basis of a new compact Porsche sports car. However, such a mod would reduce battery size, range and performance.
That's an interesting tidbit I read in the other thread about the Taycan Targa coming. I'd actually love to see Porsche use the "Taycan" name as their EV sub-brand. Now that we know the Taycan will already have 3 variants (Taycan, Taycan Wagon, Taycan Targa), why not also roll out a a mid-size Taycan sedan to steal sales from the hot-selling Model 3, which Tesla can't make fast enough to satisfy demand. It'd be a volume seller too which would boost Porsche's bottom line.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Planning to buy a Tesla or a Bollinger next year
Country flag
That's an interesting tidbit I read in the other thread about the Taycan Targa coming. I'd actually love to see Porsche use the "Taycan" name as their EV sub-brand. Now that we know the Taycan will already have 3 variants (Taycan, Taycan Wagon, Taycan Targa), why not also roll out a a mid-size Taycan sedan to steal sales from the hot-selling Model 3, which Tesla can't make fast enough to satisfy demand. It'd be a volume seller too which would boost Porsche's bottom line.

Thoughts?
The question is can they meet production demands. Already Jaguar has found itself having more orders that it can handle. They originally projected that they would make and sell about 30K next year, now they have increased expected production to 50K and all of next year's orders are been booked up. What a terrible thing to happen to them. :)

Think of the horror, if Taycan demands get so high people have to wait a year, maybe two years, even maybe 3 years to get their Porsche! The horror, the horror! You will have people haunting the dealerships every time a transport truck pulls in, sobbing as they read the latest magazine waxing of the wonders of driving a Taycan, the pain of waiting and waiting.

Do you really want Porsche to be in such a terrible position?

Of-course you do. ;)