Porsche should stay out of electric game!

Plava Laguna

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan
Country flag
My 2021 tycan lives at the dealership. One problem after another.
Engine control failure (can’t drive)
Sports sound stoped working
Charges at unscheduled times
Home link does not work
Alarm goes off (no fix yet says Porsche)
Computer needed to be replaced
Navigation not available (failed)
Porsche Taycan Porsche should stay out of electric game! B7B320A5-2261-4C75-9638-966BA1AC99BE
Porsche Taycan Porsche should stay out of electric game! 2E4FF843-A684-4224-8A75-AB8AD55DF9AA

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
?

Your car having issues doesn’t mean Porsche should “stay out of the game”. Our car has been problem free for 9 months and almost 9k miles.

Sorry you’re having issues, but let’s not exaggerate the problem.

Dslev

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Home link does not work
B7B320A5-2261-4C75-9638-966BA1AC99BE.jpeg
2E4FF843-A684-4224-8A75-AB8AD55DF9AA.jpeg
I feel for you, similar issues with my vehicle, but way more, filed suit December 2021 under the CA lemon law, after Porsche refused to replace or refund, even though my car qualified (they offered me $3K to go away). Since I filed suit my car has been in many more times, including living there since January 28th, because they can't fix a headlight/lighting error in my car. Porsche's customer care with me (PCNA, not the dealership, the dealer is amazing) truly is horrible and really shaken my faith in the people and customer care part of the brand. Good Luck.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
The problems you are experiencing and clearly unacceptable. You should reject the car and get your money back. The majority of people with Taycans are NOT having the issues you have identified.

There are many reasons why the Taycan scores very highly in group tests.

TayTaySD

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mamba Green Taycan 4S
Country flag
Personally I would love Apple to buy Porsche. Apple is trying to build a car, which they will obviously use someone to do for them. Tesla used Lotus for their first cars. Porsche driving dynamics, Apple Software, wow! I am not an Apple or Porsche fan boy.

AnloTaycan2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
It is quite sad and even more frustrating, particularly with the price it comes with. Clearly you got a a lemon but no need to generalize as the very very vast majority of buyers have bought the car of their dreams and it is such a fantastic machine to drive. I am however very sorry as you cannot appreciate it right now. Have you escalated beyond the dealer up to the Porsche senior management of North America. My own observation is that going legal and suing is just turning off all people to help.

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Personally I would love Apple to buy Porsche. Apple is trying to build a car, which they will obviously use someone to do for them. Tesla used Lotus for their first cars. Porsche driving dynamics, Apple Software, wow! I am not an Apple or Porsche fan boy.
Apple owning Porsche sounds like an awful idea from a long term maintenance perspective. Just seeing how they treat repairs for their own devices tell you all you need to know. Yes, the software itself might be better, but god help you if there's ever a mechanical issue.

Reactions: B61

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Apple owning Porsche sounds like an awful idea from a long term maintenance perspective. Just seeing how they treat repairs for their own devices tell you all you need to know. Yes, the software itself might be better, but god help you if there's ever a mechanical issue.
Well, I've owned Apple products ever since my first Apple IIe. Computers, Phones, iPads, Watches, etc. In all of those years and many devices, I've had very very few issues. One laptop battery that needed to be replaced was done free by Apple. Dropped and shattered the glass on a watch, was replaced free with no hassle by apple. Washed an iPhone on medium cycle once, which was also replaced free by Apple. Of course, I always get Apple Care.

All in all my Apple devices have worked seamlessly together and have been extraordinarily reliable. I'd be thrilled if Apple were to develop the software for Porsche or collaborate with them on their electric vehicles.

caslca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TTS
Country flag
Home link does not work
B7B320A5-2261-4C75-9638-966BA1AC99BE.jpeg
2E4FF843-A684-4224-8A75-AB8AD55DF9AA.jpeg
Elon, is that you again? Welcome to the forum and great first message as always!

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sorry to hear about your experience.

Unfortunately ALL modern cars have some % of lemons and that has only increased (probably substantially) with COVID challenges. There are a lot of parts getting thrown together and rushed out the door to meet the tremendous backlog of demand, which is only causing more problems with poor quality control. I guarantee you that a company making chips during a shortage isn't thinking about how to make the best chip, they're thinking about how to make the most chips.

There's only so much QC can pick up with software, so modern infotainments are a real source of problems across brands. You can go to any forum and see that. But plenty of people, including myself, have had mostly perfect experiences with their Taycans. I've had a couple of very minor glitches pop up here and there, but nothing that has caused any problems. So the system isn't inherently flawed or broken.

Understand the frustration completely but this is a car industry problem, not a Porsche problem. Now, Porsche dealerships can be a real PITA but that depends on where you are and there's only so much Porsche can do to regulate bad dealerships.

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
What's the criteria to Lemon a car? I have even heard of Porsche buying back defective cars year or 2 later (that Kiwi youtuber for example).

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
What's the criteria to Lemon a car? I have even heard of Porsche buying back defective cars year or 2 later (that Kiwi youtuber for example).
Legally it varies quite a bit based on location, generally based on some number of days out of service within the first year or so of ownership. That said, Porsche still needs to uphold their warranty, which could mean a buyback if that's truly the easiest option for the dealer and Porsche.
Sponsored