Porsche should stay out of electric game!

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
All due respect this is my 4th Porsche and I don't regret the investment one bit. Why am I loyal to the brand? My second Porsche I drove over 105K miles with very little service needed during its lifetime. My 3rd I drove for 12 years with similar results (I also sold it for close to my purchase price, not a bad ROI for an automobile).

I've killed too many brain cells to remember much about my first P-car (a 914), but I know I loved it and should have kept it.

I've experienced a few glitches from the PCM software, so sure, they should improve their QA around software deployment, but that wouldn't affect my purchasing decision given the other benefits of the car.

I am sorry for your troubles but I believe Porsche has as much right to the EV market as any other manufacturer and given their track record, they will be very successful in it.
Sponsored

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Legally it varies quite a bit based on location, generally based on some number of days out of service within the first year or so of ownership. That said, Porsche still needs to uphold their warranty, which could mean a buyback if that's truly the easiest option for the dealer and Porsche.
This. Buybacks are more common than true lemons, which require legal action and are a major PITA. Usually a manufacturer will buy the car back before that point, often with minor additional incentives.

If you're willing to buy another car from that manufacturer they'll do buybacks w/ manufacturer credit pretty easily, often for even fairly minor issues, if you know how to go about it. Ie.. "we'll buy back your car if you put that money towards a new car of your choice from us"

tfurbay

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, BMW X5
Country flag
My 2021 tycan lives at the dealership. One problem after another.
Engine control failure (can’t drive)
Sports sound stoped working
Charges at unscheduled times
Home link does not work
Alarm goes off (no fix yet says Porsche)
Computer needed to be replaced
Navigation not available (failed)
B7B320A5-2261-4C75-9638-966BA1AC99BE.jpeg
2E4FF843-A684-4224-8A75-AB8AD55DF9AA.jpeg
Such hyperbole! Taycan has one of the highest consumer satisfaction ratings in the industry. But, sorry you’re having these troubles.

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
Such hyperbole! Taycan has one of the highest consumer satisfaction ratings in the industry. But, sorry you’re having these troubles.
what exactly is hyperbole.

‘it’s so tiresome listening to these pcar fanboys defend Porsche like it’s the only thing in their lives. Jesus Christ guys it’s a car and a lot of taycans have a lot of issues. It’s been a bit rough and maybe Porsche will improve but they burned a lot of early buyers.

im sorry if getting a pcar was the the height of your aspirations and goals in life, get some perspective. This dude had serious issues and so have several others. Get over it. Porsche gaslights people with issues, no need for forum members to act like silly ass Elon cultists about their preferred brand.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
what exactly is hyperbole.

‘it’s so tiresome listening to these pcar fanboys defend Porsche like it’s the only thing in their lives. Jesus Christ guys it’s a car and a lot of taycans have a lot of issues. It’s been a bit rough and maybe Porsche will improve but they burned a lot of early buyers.

im sorry if getting a pcar was the the height of your aspirations and goals in life, get some perspective. This dude had serious issues and so have several others. Get over it. Porsche gaslights people with issues, no need for forum members to act like silly ass Elon cultists about their preferred brand.
Hyperbole is an exaggeration and I believe it referred to the OPs title "Porsche should stay out of electric game!" which certainly could qualify as an exaggeration.

Regardless it wasn't a reason to start attacking everyone on the forum as "Fan Boys" because they like Porsche's or even electric Porsches. Really, this is a Porsche Taycan forum, did you expect it to be populated by people that hate Porsche and think they should stop making electric cars?

Most have sympathized with the OP, even those that offered contrary experiences. I think your comments were over the top and completely unecessary.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I am sorry for your troubles but I believe Porsche has as much right to the EV market as any other manufacturer and given their track record, they will be very successful in it.
Doesn't the Taycan turn out to be the smartest and best investment Porsche had made in it's history? I see more and more of them driving around...

When my kids are old enough, maybe I am looking at a fully electric 911. Cannot wait...

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Elon, is that you again? Welcome to the forum and great first message as always!
IMO, he's not Elon.
Plava Laguna means Blue Lagoon in Serbian/Croatian language.

mike-taycan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Porsche should stay out of the car game! < sarcasm >

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Apple owning Porsche sounds like an awful idea from a long term maintenance perspective. Just seeing how they treat repairs for their own devices tell you all you need to know. Yes, the software itself might be better, but god help you if there's ever a mechanical issue.
What are you talking about?

Apple deals with hardware issues better than any company I’ve ever worked with (and surveys indicate I’m not alone). The experience has often included no hassle device replacement the times I’ve gone into an Apple Store with an issue.

if Apple really gets into the EV game it will force all manufacturers to up their game.

BTW my Taycan is the best car I’ve ever owned.

Gubbjaevel

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
Man this forum has... changed... a lot in the last year.

1) Sorry about your lemon, man. I truly am. Me, and most of my Taycan friends, are happy as can be. 2+ years now and almost 25,000 miles for me. I hope the situation gets solves professionally for you.

2) Apple takeover of P? Gtfoh - silly.

3) Hyperbole: Absolutely.

4) "im sorry if getting a pcar was the the height of your aspirations and goals in life". Dipshit comment, did you add any value? Don't disagree with the rest of your opinion, but comments like that ruins the whole sentiment of your message. Consider acting less as a keyboard warrior and more of a man of culture with a differentiating opinion - it's possible.

5) Plava laguna: I'd place my bets on a 5th Element reference.

A small Tuesday's Skål from Sweden.

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Man this forum has... changed... a lot in the last year.

1) Sorry about your lemon, man. I truly am. Me, and most of my Taycan friends, are happy as can be. 2+ years now and almost 25,000 miles for me. I hope the situation gets solves professionally for you.

2) Apple takeover of P? Gtfoh - silly.

3) Hyperbole: Absolutely.

4) "im sorry if getting a pcar was the the height of your aspirations and goals in life". Dipshit comment, did you add any value? Don't disagree with the rest of your opinion, but comments like that ruins the whole sentiment of your message. Consider acting less as a keyboard warrior and more of a man of culture with a differentiating opinion - it's possible.

5) Plava laguna: I'd place my bets on a 5th Element reference.

A small Tuesday's Skål from Sweden.

This. Absolutely spot on and agree with all these points.
You wrote it before I did. LOL.

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
What are you talking about?

Apple deals with hardware issues better than any company I’ve ever worked with (and surveys indicate I’m not alone). The experience has often included no hassle device replacement the times I’ve gone into an Apple Store with an issue.

if Apple really gets into the EV game it will force all manufacturers to up their game.

BTW my Taycan is the best car I’ve ever owned.
Y'all seriously haven't seen some of the nightmares that people have had with Apple?

Louis Rossman also runs a repair company and youtube channel that exists almost solely because of how upset people get about Apple support.

Don't want to turn this into an Apple chat though, just expressing my concerns about that suggestion.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Y'all seriously haven't seen some of the nightmares that people have had with Apple?

Louis Rossman also runs a repair company and youtube channel that exists almost solely because of how upset people get about Apple support.

Don't want to turn this into an Apple chat though, just expressing my concerns about that suggestion.
I have to agree with @Jhenson29 ;) However, Apple is constantly at the top of the customer satisfaction surveys for computers, so which computer should a person buy? The answer, at least for me, is the same as for cars, the one you prefer.

There isn't a single product that doesn't have issues; cars, phones, appliances, etc. And it is always, at least in my experience, those with issues that are the loudest. That is as it should be. If you don't complain you may never get your problem addressed. As for YouTube videos, for some perverse reason, negative videos always seem to get the most clicks ?‍♂

In the Feb CR Telsa edged out Porsche in the consumer satisfaction ratings. I guarantee that doesn't make me want a Tesla.

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
Unfortunately (or fortunately) high tech is also high risk: the more you try to be leading edge the more likely you'll end up at the bleeding edge. But when you're at the leading edge, at least you see changes (not all which are improvements) and is a place I'd rather be then stuck in the past.

I have a Taycan and a Tesla. Both have their positives and negatives. My Tesla is pretty basic but I love the text message capability (single steering wheel click to listen to a message and respond) and the use of my iPhone as the car key for both opening and locking the car. The negatives are that the auto steer and lane departure are not reliable and the user interface has sometimes one step forward and three steps backward (like now after Teslas December 2021 UI update).

My Taycan is a great car to drive, with rear axle steering, great seats, adjustable car height and a very smooth drive. The negatives are related exclusively to the entertainment system: bluetooth connection to my phone sometimes doesn't work so I can't play music, and there are some very stupid bugs and the UI is pretty dated.

With both cars, voice commands are hit or miss. They both get roughly the same number of miles per charge. They both have quirks (bugs) in the way the user interface works.

I think that at the end of the day, you (most often) get what you pay for. The Taycan is close to 2x what I spent on my Tesla but just from the comfort of the car, it is exactly what I wanted and was worth what I paid.
Sponsored

Last edited: