Porsche Taycan 4s - Recommendations on options to order?

sanjivsai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Smart Eq ForFour
Country flag
Hi All,
Has anyone looked at the configuration of the 4s and could recommend must haves from the configuration list.
This will be my first Porsche and I do not want to go overboard with the Spec.

Any help would be appreciated?

Many thanks
Regards
Sanjiv
Sponsored

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Configurator doesn’t appear up yet, at least in the states, so I’m going from the turbo. I think the on board 150Kw charger upgrade is basically must have. I’m a fan of Lane Change Assist & Park Assist. The Sports Chrono is more useful than it might sound. The PDDC sport dynamic chassis is pricey, but I’d put that next on the list. Not must have, but it would make it feel sportier. Everything else is just styling and such. Salt to taste.

If you get the panoramic glass roof, you probably need to spring for the insulated glass upgrade. There’s no screen.

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
Configurator working in UK.

OP
OP

sanjivsai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Configurator doesn’t appear up yet, at least in the states, so I’m going from the turbo. I think the on board 150Kw charger upgrade is basically must have. I’m a fan of Lane Change Assist & Park Assist. The Sports Chrono is more useful than it might sound. The PDDC sport dynamic chassis is pricey, but I’d put that next on the list. Not must have, but it would make it feel sportier. Everything else is just styling and such. Salt to taste.

If you get the panoramic glass roof, you probably need to spring for the insulated glass upgrade. There’s no screen.

charliemathilde - Thank you for your reply.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
On the UK side there is no premium package - all must be configured separately (folding mirrors, self-dimming mirrors, glass roof etc). To get to what I needed was 30000 pounds in options.....

OP
OP

sanjivsai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
On the UK side there is no premium package - all must be configured separately (folding mirrors, self-dimming mirrors, glass roof etc). To get to what I needed was 30000 pounds in options.....

Hi svp6,
Thanks for your reply.
I am in the UK as well.
Not sure about the
1) Panoramic glass roof (lighter double bubble roof is to announced next year)
2) Performance battery Plus
Would you be willing to share your must have options, as I am new to Porsche.
Thanks
Sanjivsai

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Hi All,
Has anyone looked at the configuration of the 4s and could recommend must haves from the configuration list.
This will be my first Porsche and I do not want to go overboard with the Spec.

Any help would be appreciated?

Many thanks
Regards
Sanjiv
Yeah

My only recommendation for you is the Mission E style wheels :D Just shy of 3 grand but Worth. Every. Penny

(and almost an extra grand if you want it to be exterior colour, but again, worth.every.penny)

OP
OP

sanjivsai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah

My only recommendation for you is the Mission E style wheels :D Just shy of 3 grand but Worth. Every. Penny

(and almost an extra grand if you want it to be exterior colour, but again, worth.every.penny)

Thanks “TheSnape”

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Hi svp6,
Thanks for your reply.
I am in the UK as well.
Not sure about the
1) Panoramic glass roof (lighter double bubble roof is to announced next year)
2) Performance battery Plus
Would you be willing to share your must have options, as I am new to Porsche.
Thanks
Sanjivsai
Sanjiv, I am in US, but lurking on the UK site as it already has the 4S configurator. I owned 3 Tesla's so far, and my must haves are the battery plus, Bose sound (cannot get myself to spring for the Burmeester), panoramic roof (more space, more light). I will probably also get all the drive assist features (adaptive cruise + lane assist + lane change assist + parking assist). And I like better the 20" aero than the 19 - they seem to have same range on the configurator.

Overall this looks like a lovely car. As much as I loved my Tesla's, I think I am ready for a change.

OP
OP

sanjivsai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sanjiv, I am in US, but lurking on the UK site as it already has the 4S configurator. I owned 3 Tesla's so far, and my must haves are the battery plus, Bose sound (cannot get myself to spring for the Burmeester), panoramic roof (more space, more light). I will probably also get all the drive assist features (adaptive cruise + lane assist + lane change assist + parking assist). And I like better the 20" aero than the 19 - they seem to have same range on the configurator.

Overall this looks like a lovely car. As much as I loved my Tesla's, I think I am ready for a change.

Thank you very much.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I would also add that it is nice that people who get the S/4S can opt to not get the power charge port cover. I think the car looks cleaner without the black bar.

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
But when you are charging, this looks pretty ugly and not representative of the price tag IMHO (the power port should be standard equipment for $100k+ but that's the Porsche way...):
Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan 4s - Recommendations on options to order? 291609_taycan_4s_2019_porsche_ag-1024x576

The black bar is a reference to the side mirror cameras on the Mission E concept car (as it had no side mirrors):
Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan 4s - Recommendations on options to order? porsche-mission-e-concept-102-1524585137

And the power port with black bar is almost the exact part from the Cross Turismo concept car:
Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan 4s - Recommendations on options to order? porsche-mission-e-concept-102-1524585137

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
I was able to play with Taycan's in Frankfurt that had both of the charging port types. Initially I thought I'll take the manual port as it looks cleaner from the outside but after playing around with that, hell no.

The sensor port was one of the first things I configured for my 4S. It's just super cool & convenient in person. I still think it's probably subjective but for me after testing it's clear that I want it.

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
The charging port doesn't look too bad.

Plus the car it's attached to is gorgeous, so kind of evens it out
Sponsored