ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Finally a new Taycan video from Kyle Connor of Out of Spec Motoring. I really like Kyle because he is the most neutral of reviewers. Even though he owns a Tesla Model 3 which is a quite efficient and performant car he reviews all types of cars and seems to love all types of cars. He is reasonably knowledgeable in his comments and has a private track that he does this one lap series which I've yet to see one for the Taycan but he does hear show a cannonball run that beats even his Tesla time.

Beating The Electric Cannonball Record In A Porsche Taycan 4S
Out of Spec Motoring
Sponsored

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Really impressive especially considering it was done during the winter in freezing temperatures.
yes and it's also very impressive that he accomplished it without using the in-car navigation and not having Sport Chrono so he could not do proper battery conditioning prior to charger arrival. He just depended on fast driving which I think was a technique generally used throughout the trip.

He said in car navigation was bricked due to a cellular connection problem. I am wondering if he had it in private mode which I have had my car drop into by itself periodically. from his feedback on my reply to the video it appears that the problem was more significant as even a Porsche service center could not resolve it. So probably 43hrs quite possible.

Last edited:

iten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
yes and it's also very impressive that he accomplished it without using the in-car navigation and not having Sport Chrono so he could not do proper battery conditioning prior to charger arrival. He just depended on fast driving which I think was a technique generally used throughout the trip.

He said in car navigation was bricked due to a cellular connection problem. I am wondering if he had it in private mode which I have had my car drop into by itself periodically. from his feedback on my reply to the video it appears that the problem was more significant as even a Porsche service center could not resolve it. So probably 43hrs quite possible.

Sorry, how do you precondition the battery for fast charging with sport chrono? Thanks!

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sorry, how do you precondition the battery for fast charging with sport chrono? Thanks!
Using Sport+ Driving mode will precondition the battery for optimal Performance for driving which also becomes optimal Performance for charging.
Do be aware that using Sport+ will lower the suspension so you may want to switch out of it before pulling into a parking lot.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
It is really encouraging to see that the CCS charging network in the US is getting better.

rwjr1944

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 228i, Mercedes Benz 420
Country flag
Seems they had a number of problems with EA charging even with EA providing optimized (?) chargers along the route. Also there were problems with the software on the 4S. Hats off to them for persisting and accomplishing their mission.
Sponsored