ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have watched several videos from this gentleman who runs the West Coast Supercars and Classics channel. He purchased a white Taycan and now it's blue.

I did a clear wrap on my vehicle, I never did check on the price of a color changing wrap but I assume it is a bit more as it has to be even more perfect and have no missed areas.

Porsche Taycan Colour Change Wrap And Graphics! Episode 1
West Coast Supercars and Classics

Porsche Taycan Colour Change Wrap And Graphics! Episode 2
West Coast Supercars and Classics
Sponsored

Ajes

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Highl. Hybrid, Civic HB, Taycan 4s order
Country flag
He changed it to what looks like frozen blue. Want to see the graphics

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Tanks for the mention. :cool:

don’t quite get it why you buy a white and Wrap it gulf blue......... when it exists...... ?

Ajes

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Highl. Hybrid, Civic HB, Taycan 4s order
Country flag

don’t quite get it why you buy a white and Wrap it gulf blue......... when it exists...... ?
Yes, I thought the same especially after seeing the first 2 videos. My guess is to build his youtube viewers and audience. Only thing he should have done is wrap the window trim from chrome to black.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag

You've got the benefit of having a protective wrap on the car. Plus you get the benefit of having the full orange/blue livery. I'm partial to this of course...;)

CanuckRacer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Mazda RX-8, 1929 Studebaker
Country flag

Hi there, I'm the owner/vlogger. It's true, our wrap colour is similar to Frozen Blue, but it, along with the orange stripes, are all custom colours.
The reason for the Carrera White Metallic is very simple: we were able to order a 'landed' car which fit our spec almost exactly, saving months of waiting, plus we got all the Porsche price reductions on existing 2020 inventory.
Since we needed to do some kind of PPF anyway, we decided on a full colour change. The beauty of this is that any future owner (I won't keep the car very long, probably a couple of years at most) can either keep the blue, or revert to white. Best of both worlds?
Cheers

Mark

CanuckRacer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Mazda RX-8, 1929 Studebaker
Country flag
You've got the benefit of having a protective wrap on the car. Plus you get the benefit of having the full orange/blue livery. I'm partial to this of course...;)
Nailed it! I got a quote on a full PPF and it was similar to the wrap. Note: the Taycan is pretty simple to wrap, much easier than our Panamera! The front end of that car was a beast to wrap.

Litigator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gentian Blue Taycan Turbo
Country flag
And here I thought this was going to be a post about color changing wraps :)

Imagine if you could LED a wrap for a car.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Hi there, I'm the owner/vlogger. It's true, our wrap colour is similar to Frozen Blue, but it, along with the orange stripes, are all custom colours.
The reason for the Carrera White Metallic is very simple: we were able to order a 'landed' car which fit our spec almost exactly, saving months of waiting, plus we got all the Porsche price reductions on existing 2020 inventory.
Since we needed to do some kind of PPF anyway, we decided on a full colour change. The beauty of this is that any future owner (I won't keep the car very long, probably a couple of years at most) can either keep the blue, or revert to white. Best of both worlds?
Cheers

Mark
OK that's cool!

Now I'm with you :)

taycan_sportturismo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 BMW 320i xDrive
Oh yeah, for me, that protective layer & the added benefit of color changes settles a wrap as a great option over getting a custom color from the factory.

AdreeHand

First Name
Right
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TayCan
Country flag
Cheers

Mark
Wrap have effect of metallic color?
or just like standard color

Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan Color Change Wrap And Graphics! - West Coast Supercars and Classics 1629248064223

/Sorry my English is very bad

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Nailed it! I got a quote on a full PPF and it was similar to the wrap. Note: the Taycan is pretty simple to wrap, much easier than our Panamera! The front end of that car was a beast to wrap.
wrap vinyl is barely protective. Its about a 1/3 the thickness of PPF. I think its ever so slightly additive to protection, about akin to christmas wrapping paper being protective of the box its covering.
Sponsored