Porsche Taycan Configurator Online. Share Your Build!

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Hi,

I need your help deciding between ordering a 4S or a Turbo.

I currently own my third Tesla Model S (Performance) and been driving electric since 2013. Love driving electric and will never go back to an ICE car.
On paper, I think the Turbo compares better to your current EV. But to be sure, you would need to test drive it.
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
After much deliberation, I have ended up with this spec:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PM567Z89

I am considering naming the car "Midlife Crisis"...
Nice spec. Look forward to seeing some good pictures of that colour.

I noticed you did not tick the option for the service pack! Four years service for 24k NOK! :rock:. What a con!

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
The service will probably be less than 10k NOK and every other year, that's based on the service prices and intervals for the Panamera. I didn't see the point.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
The service will probably be less than 10k NOK and every other year, that's based on the service prices and intervals for the Panamera. I didn't see the point.
Sorry I was joking!! I think that is a spillover from ICE Porsche’s. To change the break fluid twice over four years and also change the wiper blades twice is really all that service pack gives. Seems a lot of Porsche tax in that!

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
Sorry I was joking!! I think that is a spillover from ICE Porsche’s. To change the break fluid twice over four years and also change the wiper blades twice is really all that service pack gives. Seems a lot of Porsche tax in that!
I got the irony but I actually did the math a while ago just to be sure. :) People told me that service on a Porsche would be more expensive than on other vehicles but the prices from Porsche Center seemed like it was just a little more expensive than for my Audi (comparison with ICE-vehicles, of course). I concluded that service might be around 8k NOK at the most and that the service option would be somewhere around daylight robbery in status.

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
On paper, I think the Turbo compares better to your current EV. But to be sure, you would need to test drive it.
Yes a test drive to compare it with the 4S would be a good idea.

The question is whether I will miss the Turbo’s higher power in normal traffic and as a daily driver. I’m not planning to track it. And the bigger brakes is maybe not necessary considering the high electric motor regen...

Last edited:

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport (2011), Range Rover (2016)
Country flag
yeah I heard it on the 4S when I tried it. I prefer silence :)
Of course it is personal preference but honestly when I forget to turn it on I miss it. It is just so cool and wish it could be on immediately from start up. Select it you won’t be sorry

remanis

First Name
Amer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60, Volvo V60
Country flag
Hi,

I need your help deciding between ordering a 4S or a Turbo.

I currently own my third Tesla Model S (Performance) and been driving electric since 2013. Love driving electric and will never go back to an ICE car.

But the things I missed in the Tesla (e.g. real sportscar handling, superior breaking, interior quality, kind of “engine noise” feedback, possible to create a personal car with options), I can now get with the Taycan. And I have always dreamed of owning a Porsche :)

Reasons to choose the 4S:

• Almost same exterior look
  • Around 30.000 Euro cheaper than the Turbo
  • OK quick acceleration (0-100 in 4 sec), but when I test drove it I felt I missed a bit of power
  • Possible to upgrade to Burmester (love listen to music when I drive) and be within budget
Reasons to choose the Turbo:

• Quick acceleration (0-100 in 3.2 sec) and close to what I’m used to
  • More complete sportscar with PSCB brakes and where the Performance options makes more sense
  • More Porsche wheel options, would really like ‘Mission E’ as summer wheels
  • Better resale value due to the shorter option list and fewer Turbos available?

Here is my 4S build (20” wheels will be my winter set):

http://www.porsche-code.com/PM74MWB1

Here is my Turbo build (20” wheels will be my winter set):

http://www.porsche-code.com/PM6IMN35

And if you also have any thoughts regarding my choice of options, please post a comment :)
I had the exact same dilemma two days ago when I signed for my Taycan. I went for the 4S and here is why:

1: with options and all, it was almost a € 35k price difference for an acceleration that is only 0.6-0.7 seconds faster. I know the official numbers say Turbo is 3.2 and 4S is 4.0 but many tests show that the 4S does on average 3.7-3.8s so for me personally I don’t care for that small of a difference

2: the turbo would take 3 months longer to get

3: I prefer an almost fully decked out 4S over a mid Turbo

in the end it’s up to you. My friends told me to get the Turbo because it says “Turbo” in the back but I just couldn’t justify the big price diff.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Of course it is personal preference but honestly when I forget to turn it on I miss it. It is just so cool and wish it could be on immediately from start up. Select it you won’t be sorry
So you did get your car? Any QC problems? Have a pic?

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I had the exact same dilemma two days ago when I signed for my Taycan. I went for the 4S and here is why:

1: with options and all, it was almost a € 35k price difference for an acceleration that is only 0.6-0.7 seconds faster. I know the official numbers say Turbo is 3.2 and 4S is 4.0 but many tests show that the 4S does on average 3.7-3.8s so for me personally I don’t care for that small of a difference

2: the turbo would take 3 months longer to get

3: I prefer an almost fully decked out 4S over a mid Turbo

in the end it’s up to you. My friends told me to get the Turbo because it says “Turbo” in the back but I just couldn’t justify the big price diff.
Thanks for your input! Nice to hear from someone who has been in the same situation.

I lean towards the 4S now to keep the price down but also so I can add some more options, e.g. Burmester. But I will have to test drive the Turbo to make sure that the difference is not huge.
Sponsored