Porsche Taycan Configurator Online. Share Your Build!

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
Hi Bertie. Fingers crossed too. How long have you had your 4S and what’s prompted your change to a Turbo (I’m doing exactly the same as you, but am interested in other peoples’ reasons).
? (see direct message)
Sponsored

nicks-taycan

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've ordered a Taycan 4S for expected delivery in April.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PM9VKVK4

A few things I learned along the way that might be helpful:
  • The Door-Sill Guards are not easy to spot in the configurator. I started a thread to get a better idea of what the options look like, and am very happy to have opted for the illuminated black brushed aluminum.
  • I found that I had already added several of the Premium Package options, and got about $3k of additional options for less than $600 by doing the package instead. Make sure to compare the options selected with the available packages.
  • I was disappointed to see the Mobile Charger Connect go from a $0 option when I paid my deposit to now a $1,120 option. @daveo4EV and this thread enabled me to save $690 and actually get slightly faster charging capacity with the ClipperCreek HCS-60.
  • For anyone looking to lighten up the black interior a bit, I think the Aluminum Rhombus package looks great, and I've also added the dark silver accents.
  • I chose the Rear 2+1 seats because I'll easily because I'll have 3 separate areas to put down if I need to extend the trunk storage. Will be very useful on a ski trip and keeps the seating available.
Big thanks to the folks in this forum for all the great advice!

Doc

First Name
Shoaib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo
Country flag
Hey,

So this is the code for my new car. Hopefully coming in the spring but I must commit to the build soon.

It is my first Porsche, first electric car and I am super excited.

But I want to make sure I get this perfect.

Any feedback on my build would be amazing. Be honest. Be critical. Tell me what I am wasting money on and what I should be adding on- PLEASE

PMFAPAA4

https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsche-code/default.aspx?c=/PMFAPAA4

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Hey,

So this is the code for my new car. Hopefully coming in the spring but I must commit to the build soon.

Any feedback on my build would be amazing. Be honest. Be critical. Tell me what I am wasting money on and what I should be adding on- PLEASE

PMFAPAA4

Really nice spec and cool color ??
I think you have ticked all the nice options but I would consider these:

Exterior Mirror Lower Trims painted in Exterior Colour including Mirror Base painted in Black (high-gloss)

- the black high gloss looks so much better than the matte plastic. Will also match the black gloss window frame.

Acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass

- I’m SO glad I ticked this option. Almost no noise from tires and wind.

Accent Package Darksilver

- makes the interior pop a bit and the color will (almost) match the Burmester speaker color part in the doors.

'PORSCHE' Logo on Centre Console Storage Compartment Lid

- a nice little add on to the center console.

Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
Hey,

PMFAPAA4

Great spec Shoaib - I think the only thing I’d add is the acoustic glass. Bet you can’t wait.

Doc

First Name
Shoaib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo
Country flag
Really nice spec and cool color ??
I think you have ticked all the nice options but I would consider these:

Exterior Mirror Lower Trims painted in Exterior Colour including Mirror Base painted in Black (high-gloss)

- the black high gloss looks so much better than the matte plastic. Will also match the black gloss window frame.

Acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass

- I’m SO glad I ticked this option. Almost no noise from tires and wind.

Accent Package Darksilver

- makes the interior pop a bit and the color will (almost) match the Burmester speaker color part in the doors.

'PORSCHE' Logo on Centre Console Storage Compartment Lid

- a nice little add on to the center console.

Thank you so much... soo thorough and exactly what I needed.

So I have gone for all the package in matt black- which I understand includes the mirrors but I will double check.

I did not go for the glass option as felt I always listen to music (hence the upgraded sound) but I will look into this.

I have gone for matt black rather than high gloss black- Any strong feelings about that???

I guess my biggest fear was the colours and especially going red on the interior... but I am starting to like it more.

I will look into the centre console logo and accent package..

Thank you once again...

Doc

First Name
Shoaib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo
Country flag
Great spec Shoaib - I think the only thing I’d add is the acoustic glass. Bet you can’t wait.
I was expecting it for 1st March but Brexit and Porsche slowed down made to order cars... The Andersen charging point is going in later this month...

Just trying to control my excitement....

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Thank you so much... soo thorough and exactly what I needed.

So I have gone for all the package in matt black- which I understand includes the mirrors but I will double check.

I did not go for the glass option as felt I always listen to music (hence the upgraded sound) but I will look into this.

I have gone for matt black rather than high gloss black- Any strong feelings about that???

I guess my biggest fear was the colours and especially going red on the interior... but I am starting to like it more.

I will look into the centre console logo and accent package..

Thank you once again...
You’re welcome ?
The mirror base on the Turbo is matte black as standard. I just think that the gloss black mirror base looks better and it matches the rest of your gloss black options.

If you like listen to music in your car then you absolutely need the acoustic glass. Then you will hear the music instead of tire and wind noise.

Doc

First Name
Shoaib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo
Country flag
You’re welcome ?
The mirror base on the Turbo is matte black as standard. I just think that the gloss black mirror base looks better and it matches the rest of your gloss black options.

If you like listen to music in your car then you absolutely need the acoustic glass. Then you will hear the music instead of tire and wind noise.
It seems to be included in my 'exterior black gloss package'

You want to add:
Exterior Mirror Lower Trims painted in Exterior Colour including Mirror Base painted in Black (high-gloss) £ 380.00

The following option will be removed:

Exterior Package painted in Black (high-gloss) £ 581.00

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

You want to add:
Exterior Mirror Lower Trims painted in Exterior Colour including Mirror Base painted in Black (high-gloss) £ 380.00

Clarity:
Does the £581 option not include the mirror bases in Black Gloss with rest of ext mirrors painted in exterior colour ? ... ie the £380 option ?

Doc

First Name
Shoaib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo
Country flag
Clarity:
Does the £581 option not include the mirror bases in Black Gloss with rest of ext mirrors painted in exterior colour ? ... ie the £380 option ?

yes it does... SO I already have the black mirror bases as you recommended

Doc

First Name
Shoaib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo
Country flag

You want to add:

thank you so much...

So I have taken lots of the advice on board... So pleasant to see so many people offer opinions- appreciate is all subjective and the buck stops with me but it is appreciated.

So it is now between £146k for a Turbo (PMMCI814) or £160k for a Turbo S (PMYWKNB9).

I guess the drive will not be significantly different on a day to day basis but would it hold more resale value?

Unless changing to a Turbo S delays my order for March....

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm still mystified how the Taycan has four shades of white/off white, a berry color, coffee, green, etc.. but it doesn't have dark blue or a single warm true silver OR grey. I feel like the Taycan in Agate Grey or GT silver would be one of the three best selling colors.

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
yes it does... SO I already have the black mirror bases as you recommended
phew! Code: PMU78QR5

(this sound/thermal insulated glass has got me thinking now I’m upgrading my 4S to Turbo and going with the 21” Mission style wheels ?

gentley

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S (sold), Taycan 4S
Country flag
New Member here....

Just ordered a 4S and have a few weeks before build is locked - current build code is PMGWQV59. I am trying (!) to stay within a reasonable options budget and still get the best driving daily driver.

Rationale for some of my current option choices....

Colour - Volcano Grey:
I also like white, silver, cherry and chalk but in the end I think I prefer something less ”visible” and more understated for living with longer term. My only concern is Volcano Grey might be too dark.

Standard Black Interior:
Was considering Slate Grey instead but concerned it might be too light. Would appreciate any pictures and thoughts from those with slate grey interior.

19” Wheels:
I know, I know...not very attractive but am trying to save money for use elsewhere as wheels can be upgraded later. My plan to use the 19s for winter wheels (with winter tires) for better for range and dealing with potholes during the winters and get some 20s for for use the rest of the year.

Premium Package:
Good value for the individual options when taken as a package (14-way seats & ventilation, LED matrix, pano roof, Lane Change Assist, Surround View, Bose). I would have selected most of these separately anyway.

Performance Options:
For sure want RWS after hearing so many positive comments and Sport Chrono for the mode dial, Individual Mode and since...well it is a Porsche. I have also added PVT+ for the handling and potentially better traction in the wet and snow. I have Sport Sound too but I am not sure it will survive the final cut. I like the idea of PDCC but not sure it is worth the cost so have left it out.

Adaptive Cruise Control:
I’m a fan of my Tesla’s basic Autopilot 1 and want to have some of this functionality for my Taycan for longer highway journeys and stop/start traffic. Plus I can always add Innodrive later.

Rear Seat 2+1:
Mainly for the 40/20/40 split & pass-through but useful for the occasional 5th person.

Thanks for reading. Any feedback on my choices and suggestions will be warmly welcomed and highly appreciated....!
Sponsored