Porsche Taycan Configurator Online. Share Your Build!

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Taycan 4 CT ordered
http://www.porsche-code.com/PM3NQAZ5
Arrival Mid August
Still have some time to finalize config.. One question, why does everyone seem to get Power Folding Exterior Mirrors? I had them on my Macan & never used them. Is it because of the courtesy light on the bottom?
Congrats on order, I'm expecting mine in Sept hopefully. To answer your Q about power folding mirrors, here's why I like them.

1. occasionally I have to park in tight spaces and it helps to prevent clumsy assholes parking next to me from knocking into my mirrors

2. it's a quick visual queue I can see at a glance, from a distance that I locked my car in an open public place, especially as I've walked away and was distracted at the moment I think I've locked the car.

neilj007

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Macan, Renault Zoe
Country flag
A slightly tweaked config... PMSWVM10
Despite Macans being delayed due to the chip issue, I'm not hearing anything about taycans..so should be 1st September pick-up

ReefMan

First Name
Harut
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Mercedes S560
Country flag
A slightly tweaked config... PMSWVM10
Despite Macans being delayed due to the chip issue, I'm not hearing anything about taycans..so should be 1st September pick-up
My dealer said the custom orders won’t be delayed that only dealer inventory will be delayed.

Mission_E

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

SeattleYates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, PanameraTurbo,993cab,i8/M5/M3/914
Country flag
Order placed for a well-appointed ($147K) '22 4S. I was waiting to order a '22 Turbo, but the dealer is yet to have a slot - they're having trouble getting ANY '22 Taycan Turbo allocations, :( so I decided to go ahead with a 4S...faster than my old Panamera Turbo, which was plenty fast. Besides, it'll save me a speeding ticket or two, and I can upgrade after a few years if I decide it's just too......darned......"slow." :CWL:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNL2VMG3

BTW, they just moved my lock and delivery dates back a week - from 26 & 112 days (XMAS eve) to 33 & 119 days (New Year's Eve), and I won't be surprised if it ends up actually arriving on Valentines Eve! :rolleyes:

Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan Configurator Online. Share Your Build! 1630707207409

Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan Configurator Online. Share Your Build! 1630707499890

Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan Configurator Online. Share Your Build! 1630707537944

Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan Configurator Online. Share Your Build! 1630708383017

Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan Configurator Online. Share Your Build! 1630707793849
Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan Configurator Online. Share Your Build! 1630707859909

Back and forth on color, but we finally went back to our original choice - Cherry - I saw it on a 911 Targa at the dealer, and it is REALLY pretty!

The most "unusual" thing I did was get everything in the Premium pkg EXCEPT the pano roof (wife gets migraines from any glare, and there's no sunshade you can pull over it like with a sunroof). On the '21 configurator, doing this was about the same cost as the Prem. pkg (WITH pano). For '22, however, it costs MORE (about $1100 as I recall) to get the other options but no pano. :confused:
Oh well...at least the base price stayed about the same! :cool:

Bruce

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Order placed for a well-appointed ($147K) '22 4S. I was waiting to order a '22 Turbo, but the dealer is yet to have a slot - they're having trouble getting ANY '22 Taycan Turbo allocations, :( so I decided to go ahead with a 4S...faster than my old Panamera Turbo, which was plenty fast. Besides, it'll save me a speeding ticket or two, and I can upgrade after a few years if I decide it's just too......darned......"slow." :CWL:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNL2VMG3

BTW, they just moved my lock and delivery dates back a week - from 26 & 112 days (XMAS eve) to 33 & 119 days (New Year's Eve), and I won't be surprised if it ends up actually arriving on Valentines Eve! :rolleyes:

1630707207409.png

1630707499890.png

1630707537944.png

1630708383017.png

1630707793849.png
1630707859909.png

Back and forth on color, but we finally went back to our original choice - Cherry - I saw it on a 911 Targa at the dealer, and it is REALLY pretty!

The most "unusual" thing I did was get everything in the Premium pkg EXCEPT the pano roof (wife gets migraines from any glare, and there's no sunshade you can pull over it like with a sunroof). On the '21 configurator, doing this was about the same cost as the Prem. pkg (WITH pano). For '22, however, it costs MORE (about $1100 as I recall) to get the other options but no pano. :confused:
Oh well...at least the base price stayed about the same! :cool:

Bruce

Beautiful build. I too am waiting for a Cherry Metallic Taycan, a CT4, due to be built this month for a November delivery. Like you my schedule was pushed back earlier this week.

It's funny you mention the Targa. Seeing one in that color, and having a Cherry Panamera pass me on the highway is what convinced me to go with the Cherry. It looks so different depending on the light, but always stunning. I was between Volcano, Coffee, and Frozen Blue initially, but seeing that Cherry in person pushed me over the edge.

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
I've always liked grey-blues and the Frozen Blue seems really nice. But I'd have to see it in person, I'm guessing it's more gray (which is good) as the configurator tends to show things brighter than they are.

Otherwise they really shit the bed with the colors. You're basically stuck with white, black, some variation of gray or a custom paint.

I don't think Gentian Blue looks good at all on the Taycan.
what do you think of ice grey metallic?

SeattleYates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, PanameraTurbo,993cab,i8/M5/M3/914
Country flag
what do you think of ice grey metallic?
Ice grey was my favorite for awhile - slightly more silver than white, but less silver than silver (which seems to be the color of every 2nd or 3rd car in the universe). Ultimately, however (with input from wife), I decided that if I wanted something that close to white, I should just get white (i.e., get as close to the original Mission E as possible). However, we decided we didn't want to do that because:
  1. Seattle has rain about 9 months of the year, so white or black always look dirty unless you wash them constantly; :confused:
  2. About half of the Taycans I've seen around here (including my immediate neighborhood!) are white, whereas I've never seen a Cherry on the road; and
  3. Having seen Cherry in person (on a 911 Targa), I can tell you that it is a beautiful color! :involve:
So I (by which I of course mean we) went back to Cherry, which was the color we picked over a year ago when we first looked at all the available colors. I also like Gentian Blue, but 3 of our last four cars were blue (including our current Land Rover), so she nixed that immediately.

If it was just me, I'd probably pick a wild custom color...but in the interest of marital bliss... :angel:

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
Ice grey was my favorite for awhile - slightly more silver than white, but less silver than silver (which seems to be the color of every 2nd or 3rd car in the universe). Ultimately, however (with input from wife), I decided that if I wanted something that close to white, I should just get white (i.e., get as close to the original Mission E as possible). However, we decided we didn't want to do that because:
  1. Seattle has rain about 9 months of the year, so white or black always look dirty unless you wash them constantly; :confused:
  2. About half of the Taycans I've seen around here (including my immediate neighborhood!) are white, whereas I've never seen a Cherry on the road; and
  3. Having seen Cherry in person (on a 911 Targa), I can tell you that it is a beautiful color! :involve:
So I (by which I of course mean we) went back to Cherry, which was the color we picked over a year ago when we first looked at all the available colors. I also like Gentian Blue, but 3 of our last four cars were blue (including our current Land Rover), so she nixed that immediately.

If it was just me, I'd probably pick a wild custom color...but in the interest of marital bliss... :angel:
Thanks for the thoughtful response! I know what you mean regarding marital bliss…I was going to go for Mamba Green ;)
Sponsored