Porsche Taycan Configurator Online. Share Your Build!

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
can't find the silver Mission E wheels
Silver is the DEFAULT wheel color for the Mission E wheels:
"Forged wheel with five-spoke design and two-tone finish in Brilliant Silver/ High Gloss Black based on the design of the Porsche Mission E concept study "

On a 911 992 I preferred it without PDCC as it gave more feedback in the bends having slightly more body roll
Agree with this for all Porsche's not just 911.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Cool......incredible how SunCoast gets ahead of this stuff.
Now if I could just order A.M. radio :)
So is it true that there is no AM radio? I only rarely listen to it, but it would be bizarre if the car didn’t have it.

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
So is it true that there is no AM radio? I only rarely listen to it, but it would be bizarre if the car didn’t have it.
That is the case........and I understand at least one new owner is having issues with reception on the FM.
There is no AM Radio in Germany.......not that this justifies AG's decision for this U.S. market.
992's have no A.M either.

That said......you have internet access (for what, 3 yrs?) so.........program in your main iHeart radio stations there.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
This is my build

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLU4QGJ8

I haven't added the battery plus as I don't really need the extra range. Is this a mistake?
Well totally up to you, but it would be a no brainer to me. I'm in the US, where the larger battery is a required option, so I didn't have to make that decision. The bigger battery will give you maybe another 60 miles of range (I think, not sure...). Even if it doesn't matter to you, you should think about selling the car, and resale value. I'd think most buyers would prefer a car with the longer range. You might want to start a new thread if you want a lot of discussion on this. I'm sure many people would be happy to help with your decision.

Teeps

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BM2 i3
Country flag
Well totally up to you, but it would be a no brainer to me. I'm in the US, where the larger battery is a required option, so I didn't have to make that decision. The bigger battery will give you maybe another 60 miles of range (I think, not sure...). Even if it doesn't matter to you, you should think about selling the car, and resale value. I'd think most buyers would prefer a car with the longer range. You might want to start a new thread if you want a lot of discussion on this. I'm sure many people would be happy to help with your decision.
Thanks

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag

Jdqt458

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupe
Country flag
I think you may regret afterwards not getting it. just my opinion but it's one thing I feel will really be important to a potential 2nd buye
r.
The old Chestnut — performance — or performance Plus Battery .
Yes with the Plus — you will get better range .
Yes you may get better resale .
But let’s not forget that by having the Plus you have a baby elephant sitting on the back seat
Weighing in an extra 15 stone that’s a massive — 95 kilos .
Surely that’s going to play with the overall performance.
Regarding the resale — will new buyers be put off by your car not having a plus battery or will they be encouraged that your car is £5k or $6.2k cheaper .
Interesting points but just one downer was that I thought I had read you are unable to charge a non plus battery by fast charge — please confirm if you know ..
Keep well— keep safe

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
The old Chestnut — performance — or performance Plus Battery .
Yes with the Plus — you will get better range .
Yes you may get better resale .
But let’s not forget that by having the Plus you have a baby elephant sitting on the back seat
Weighing in an extra 15 stone that’s a massive — 95 kilos .
Surely that’s going to play with the overall performance.
Regarding the resale — will new buyers be put off by your car not having a plus battery or will they be encouraged that your car is £5k or $6.2k cheaper .
Interesting points but just one downer was that I thought I had read you are unable to charge a non plus battery by fast charge — please confirm if you know ..
Keep well— keep safe
Yes you can fast charge at maximum 225kw rather than the bigger batteries maximum 270kw capability.

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
This is my build

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLU4QGJ8

I haven't added the battery plus as I don't really need the extra range. Is this a mistake?
Yes I think it is a mistake. The 4S with the Performance Plus battery model is being treated as a separate model for residual value purposes. You will get back the extra cost in extra resale value. But your choice - you might want the less weight of the lighter smaller battery.

TIM

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes!
Country flag