Porsche Taycan Configurator Online. Share Your Build!

rstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Nice spec. Do you track cars? I’d reconsider rear wheel steering if you don’t track the car. Maybe you need for tight spaces?
Thanks. I don't plan to track the car very much :) But did You mean 'Rear-Axle Steering including Power Steering Plus' - if yes, it's already in the config :)

rstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I'd consider going with black window trim to match the wheels.

I personally don't find the side passenger display to be worth it.

Seems like a nice build!
@PanameraFrank - thanks for the tips. That was to the point, I was thinking a lot about those 2, but:
- With the frames, as I can't decide chrome or black, I chose the chrome ones, but my detailer said that it'll be really easy to change them to glossy black :)

- About the passenger screen - it's chosen to make the car even more modern looking. It's really rare for the cars to have the screen there :)

I'm still thinking if I should take the Olea or standard leather...

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
@PanameraFrank - thanks for the tips. That was to the point, I was thinking a lot about those 2, but:
- With the frames, as I can't decide chrome or black, I chose the chrome ones, but my detailer said that it'll be really easy to change them to glossy black :)

- About the passenger screen - it's chosen to make the car even more modern looking. It's really rare for the cars to have the screen there :)

I'm still thinking if I should take the Olea or standard leather...
A window trim swap will cost several thousand euros, so I'd try to pick the one you're sure you want! The car looks much more modern with the black window trim, IMHO. The chrome is decent if you're going for a more classic look, but it doesn't seem to match the rest of your build. Just my 2 cents.

I haven't seen the Olea in person but if it's similar quality to past "Club" leathers Porsche has used it is probably worth the upgrade. I'm a big believer that you either don't get leather at all or you get the best quality leather you can afford, though.

rstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
A window trim swap will cost several thousand euros, so I'd try to pick the one you're sure you want! The car looks much more modern with the black window trim, IMHO. The chrome is decent if you're going for a more classic look, but it doesn't seem to match the rest of your build. Just my 2 cents.

I haven't seen the Olea in person but if it's similar quality to past "Club" leathers Porsche has used it is probably worth the upgrade. I'm a big believer that you either don't get leather at all or you get the best quality leather you can afford, though.
If You do it by replacing the elements - indeed - the cost will be huge. If You do it by using PPF - not that much :)

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
If You do it by replacing the elements - indeed - the cost will be huge. If You do it by using PPF - not that much :)
True, if you want to go through that. I opted for the black trim as it blended better with my config (went black vs. blue). To me the black goes better as it blends with all of the other exterior accents since they’re black as well. But, going back and forth on your config, the chrome looks good so I don’t think that’s a bad choice, I just prefer the smooth / integrated look of the black.

Personally I love the rear steering. Super solid while driving and great in smaller spaces. My garage is at a bit of a strange angle so after debating for a whole minute I put it on my build.

Feedback from my rep is that everyone who paid for the extra screen has regretted it. There isn’t much the passenger can do with it, and for it’s cost it’s just a little gimmick...but it certainly does look cool.

I’m with others in the audiophile world who question the super-high-end audio. A car is not a great place for high-end audio due to acoustics, road noise, and heat that damages the magnets over time, etc. But, for those who must have the best, you got it!

I think it’s really hard to go wrong with a Taycan, so much of it comes down to preference and how you’ll use it.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'd be grateful for any thoughts on my build :)

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLL8FAM8
  1. Gentian Blue - excellent
  2. Full leather black - great, I like the two-tone with red but that's personal.
  3. Rear Axel Steering - great
  4. Chrono & Sound - great
  5. Large battery - of course
  6. Pano roof, I like it and it was required in the USA, but realize it has little benefit to front passengers , only some additional height. I got it because I will often have a rear passenger and for them the benefit is huge in terms of visibility and feeling less car sick.
  7. Seat ventilation - great
  8. Sport seats - I would say if you are 200lbs or more you may want to try sitting in both comfort and sport.
  9. Passenger display - I got it too, request from spouse ;)
  10. Burmester - the best
  11. Crest on headrest - of course
  12. Dock - would certainly do if outdoors, garage is optional as base unit comes with mounting hardware anyway and all you need to add is a hook for the cable, but certainly cleaner.
  13. 150kW upgraded DC-DC charger, I skipped this in the USA as there are virtually no >50kW chargers that are not already 800V. But it's pretty cheap insurance I know.
Great configuration, I see you tho ugh about it a lot. Enjoy!

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Feedback from my rep is that everyone who paid for the extra screen has regretted it. There isn’t much the passenger can do with it, and for it’s cost it’s just a little gimmick...but it certainly does look cool.
Well a week late to show my wife, but my main thinking is that they can look up destinations without disruption of map in center screen, but as the driver can put map on their screen it's not a big deal to let them use center screen. Yet if you have a copilot who's interested in looking ahead for alternatives having their own screen can be handy. Also I am hoping Porsche will push SW updates to add functionality in the future also.

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
Well a week late to show my wife, but my main thinking is that they can look up destinations without disruption of map in center screen, but as the driver can put map on their screen it's not a big deal to let them use center screen. Yet if you have a copilot who's interested in looking ahead for alternatives having their own screen can be handy. Also I am hoping Porsche will push SW updates to add functionality in the future also.
I got both the passenger screen and rear screen and I rarely have passengers. I just liked that the passenger display says “Taycan”on it when it isn’t in use. That and I love gadgets and screens. I liked the looks of the rear screen better than the vents.

rstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
True, if you want to go through that. I opted for the black trim as it blended better with my config (went black vs. blue). To me the black goes better as it blends with all of the other exterior accents since they’re black as well. But, going back and forth on your config, the chrome looks good so I don’t think that’s a bad choice, I just prefer the smooth / integrated look of the black.

Personally I love the rear steering. Super solid while driving and great in smaller spaces. My garage is at a bit of a strange angle so after debating for a whole minute I put it on my build.

I’m with others in the audiophile world who question the super-high-end audio. A car is not a great place for high-end audio due to acoustics, road noise, and heat that damages the magnets over time, etc. But, for those who must have the best, you got it!

I think it’s really hard to go wrong with a Taycan, so much of it comes down to preference and how you’ll use it.
@Dlurker20 Thanks for the reply and the feedback :)

About rear steering - to be honest, Taycan demo that I drove didn't have it. But I've read so many positive opinions on it + having in mind that Taycan is a really, really wide car (similar to Audi Q8 as I remember) - this should be very much helpful.

About the screen - Porsche could do so many great things with it. Especially - they could do one, long screen, which I believe they're doing now as they probably didn't have enough time to complete the project ;) Nevertheless, I've just added it to complete the look of the technological interior. I regret very much that the functionality of it is so poor... I've heard that some OTA updates will even try to change it with some streaming options etc. But for sure Taycan v2 will have it finally done well .

About the audio - I really like good sound, yet I don't consider myself as an audiophile. But I just hate Bose sound and quality. Really, I can't understand why such a brand puts so low quality of the audio equipment. I don't like how it sounds (nor even after the detailed settings tunning) and I don't like how other Bose speakers look in other Porsche models (made in China, low quality speakers). I'd love to have such audio options as in BMW or even in Audi, which already resigned from Bose to Bang & Olufsen and it was an awesome decision IMHO. If the B&O was the option in the place of Bose, I'd have chosen it with no doubt.

rstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
In MY2021 there will come some video streaming options to it ;) I guess - in OTA as well :)

rstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I got both the passenger screen and rear screen and I rarely have passengers. I just liked that the passenger display says “Taycan”on it when it isn’t in use. That and I love gadgets and screens. I liked the looks of the rear screen better than the vents.
That's exactly my approach :)
Sponsored