Porsche Taycan Configurator Online. Share Your Build!

rstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
  1. Gentian Blue - excellent
  2. Full leather black - great, I like the two-tone with red but that's personal.
  3. Rear Axel Steering - great
  4. Chrono & Sound - great
  5. Large battery - of course
  6. Pano roof, I like it and it was required in the USA, but realize it has little benefit to front passengers , only some additional height. I got it because I will often have a rear passenger and for them the benefit is huge in terms of visibility and feeling less car sick.
  7. Seat ventilation - great
  8. Sport seats - I would say if you are 200lbs or more you may want to try sitting in both comfort and sport.
  9. Passenger display - I got it too, request from spouse ;)
  10. Burmester - the best
  11. Crest on headrest - of course
  12. Dock - would certainly do if outdoors, garage is optional as base unit comes with mounting hardware anyway and all you need to add is a hook for the cable, but certainly cleaner.
  13. 150kW upgraded DC-DC charger, I skipped this in the USA as there are virtually no >50kW chargers that are not already 800V. But it's pretty cheap insurance I know.
Great configuration, I see you tho ugh about it a lot. Enjoy!
Thanks @ron_b for the feedback :)

About the pano - I've driven demo with it and I liked it, but I think I'll tint it a bit more. But, on the other hand, I agree that for the driver - it doesn't change much.

About sport seats - I'm below 200lbs, I really like them, but also fully agree :)

Dock - I live in a block of flats, so it should be useful in my case.

150kW charger - it's mandatory as my car will be MY2021 already...
Sponsored

Jimmy

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
HI Everyone.
New to Porsche and have ordered 4S - delivery early September to the UK.
Configuration all done but one question: sports package - yes or no?
I like the lines without it but my build is all black with Mission E wheels (black with silver)
Would love your thoughts?
Thanks

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
HI Everyone.
New to Porsche and have ordered 4S - delivery early September to the UK.
Configuration all done but one question: sports package - yes or no?
I like the lines without it but my build is all black with Mission E wheels (black with silver)
Would love your thoughts?
Thanks
I ordered it, but also had it on my 911. So for me, it was a must. The car looks more aggressive with the pack imho.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
this _IS_ my build - I've taken delivery…

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLNSFZZ9

one option has been removed - dark aluminum is no longer listed

I'm going to post how I'd do it differently next…

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
this is how to build it next time…

http://www.porsche-code.com/PL3PDXH9

and talk the dealer about "deviated" stitching for the interior leather - a nice contrasting color would really make the slate grey interior "pop".

william_j_p

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Any comments on this build are appreciated. I'm going to be ordering a 2021 model so hopefully the price will be a little lower if I can remove the Mobile Charger Connect. I plan to put a ChargePoint Home Flex in my garage instead.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PL72T963

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Any comments on this build are appreciated. I'm going to be ordering a 2021 model so hopefully the price will be a little lower if I can remove the Mobile Charger Connect. I plan to put a ChargePoint Home Flex in my garage instead.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PL72T963
Nice Storm Trooper.

You may consider the door sill guards in Black brushed aluminum, that is a free option. Also you may consider the rear axel steering, not free but it does shrink the car.

tusing

First Name
TS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Hi folks,

I'm considering buying a Taycan... I'm struggling between the following two configurations:

- $165k Taycan 4S (http://www.porsche-code.com/PLQQQ929)
- $190k Taycan Turbo (http://www.porsche-code.com/PLENBJB0)

Interior fit, finish, and trim is of top priority for me. I don't imagine I'll be tracking the car, but I'd like it to be nimble, agile, and fun regardless.

The Turbo comes down to $25k for a re-designed front fascia and 25% faster 0-60. I'm not sure it's worth it, but maybe I'm missing something. What do you all think?

Another perpsective is that the 4S has an insane $60k in options and the Turbo has "only" $35k in options. Now, resale for both versions will suck, but the Turbo resale still might make up for the higher price, given that options don't tend to contribute to resale value.

For example, if I sell both cars at 50% MSRP, and options don't contribute to resale, then I lose ($165k-52k) $113k on the 4S and ($190k-75k) $115k on the Turbo upon sale. Comes out to about the same, and now I'm only effectively paying $2k more for the Turbo instead of the 4S...

Last edited:

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
For example, if I sell both cars at 50% MSRP, and options don't contribute to resale, then I lose ($165k-52k) $113k on the 4S and ($190k-75k) $115k on the Turbo upon sale. Comes out to about the same, and now I'm only effectively paying $2k more for the Turbo instead of the 4S...
I get the math, but I personally don’t price used cars like that. If a car has feature X which Is an option on one trim and bundled with another trim, I still value that feature on the lesser trim. I also wouldn’t discount options to 0. Extreme case example is that if I was chosing between two 4S and one had a Burmeister and one didn’t, I would pay more for the one that did. Of course, that all assumes I care about those features.

If I didn’t care for the extra features bundled into the Turbo, I wouldn’t pay 50% MSRP, but rather maybe 40% in comparison to paying 50% for the 4S.

I did the same tradeoff you did and concluded that I just didn’t want to spend the extra money since the extra things In the Turbo that I knew about were not worth it to me. In addition, the thing I don’t know about (the impact on resale value) was all just guess work anyway and for me was a personal rationalization to spend even more ;)

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hi folks,

I'm considering buying a Taycan... I'm struggling between the following two configurations:

Interior fit, finish, and trim is of top priority for me. I don't imagine I'll be tracking the car, but I'd like it to be nimble, agile, and fun regardless.

The Turbo comes down to $25k for a re-designed front fascia and 25% faster 0-60. I'm not sure it's worth it, but maybe I'm missing something. What do you all think?

Another perpsective is that the 4S has an insane $60k in options and the Turbo has "only" $35k in options. Now, resale for both versions will suck, but the Turbo resale still might make up for the higher price, given that options don't tend to contribute to resale value.

I would get the Turbo. I think you're probably right about the higher resale, but figure you'll still end up paying more for the Turbo. The differences between the Turbo and Turbo S are much greater in terms of price, and much less in terms of performance.

Once you've paid for it, you'll forget the price, and if you get the 4S you won't forget that you didn't order the Turbo - and you may keep thinking '...what if...'. The 4S is unquestionably the best value for the $'s, but If you're on the fence, definitely get the Turbo.

Schlossj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi folks,

I’m sure you’re getting a million opinions so here’s another:
I decided on a very well equipped 4S for $145 vs Turbo for $30-40K more because with SportDesign and higher output battery the differences shrink considerably. 560HP vs. 670HP I believe is not that different (probably less than the spec of .8 sec 0-60) and other than painted fins on the bottom of the front fascia (vs black) the rest of the car looks identical. Throw on some Mission E’s and no one except those on this thread would tell. Bottom line is this: what’s $25K mean to you now as like you said both cars will be worth the same later.