Porsche Taycan Configurator Online. Share Your Build!

Ron R

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Porsche Cayman
Country flag
But you also get the pleasure of (test) driving an EV with two gears! Technology that the undisputed expert in EVs deemed too unreliable! What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

It's not like you can get better 0-60 acceleration, 100 more miles of range, and an actual charging network for 50k+ less. Whoopsie!
If you really believe that the "undisputed expert in EVs" engineers a better vehicle then Porsche, you're probably better off with a Tesla. Lets see whose vehicles turn out to be more reliable. I'm betting it will be a company with 70 years of endurance racing heritage.

I can't imagine Porsche will have any trouble selling all the Taycans they make. IMO, the final product looks incredible!
Sponsored

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Another thing:
You can't seem to deselect the charger option.
Funny when you deselect the mobile charger, you have to change car color AND take the more expensive one!
That's ridiculous!
I don't want a charger at all!

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 991.2 C4S. Panamera GTS
Country flag
I've always liked grey-blues and the Frozen Blue seems really nice. But I'd have to see it in person, I'm guessing it's more gray (which is good) as the configurator tends to show things brighter than they are.

Otherwise they really shit the bed with the colors. You're basically stuck with white, black, some variation of gray or a custom paint.

I don't think Gentian Blue looks good at all on the Taycan.
Agree completely

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 991.2 C4S. Panamera GTS
Country flag
"In ideal situations."

There's a reason Porsche is suddenly highlighting the 0-60 times instead of range & charging. I think people are going to be shocked when real-world range/charging numbers come out. Based on the tech it'll be closer to an iPace than anything. Everyone realizes the WLTP estimate is more than 100 miles less than a Model S, right? That is insane and unacceptable. Expect sub-200 mile real world range if you drive the Taycan like a Porsche.

Why the added cost for required software & basics on a Turbo model? Simple. The Taycan, when including the actual required options, is more expensive than a 911. But if you make some required options technically selectable it's less expensive than a 911. #marketingmagic
Truth

PetroK

First Name
Petro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX, Porsche Taycan 4CT
Country flag
"In ideal situations."

There's a reason Porsche is suddenly highlighting the 0-60 times instead of range & charging. I think people are going to be shocked when real-world range/charging numbers come out. Based on the tech it'll be closer to an iPace than anything. Everyone realizes the WLTP estimate is more than 100 miles less than a Model S, right? That is insane and unacceptable. Expect sub-200 mile real world range if you drive the Taycan like a Porsche.

Why the added cost for required software & basics on a Turbo model? Simple. The Taycan, when including the actual required options, is more expensive than a 911. But if you make some required options technically selectable it's less expensive than a 911. #marketingmagic
But up to 150 will not get 270 in any situation:) So this option really needs clarification

PetroK

First Name
Petro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX, Porsche Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Another thing:
You can't seem to deselect the charger option.
Funny when you deselect the mobile charger, you have to change car color AND take the more expensive one!
That's ridiculous!
I don't want a charger at all!
Completely agreed. For 1k you can get very good l2 charger for home

GratedWasabi

Banned
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan Turbo
Country flag
If you really believe that the "undisputed expert in EVs" engineers a better vehicle then Porsche, you're probably better off with a Tesla. Lets see whose vehicles turn out to be more reliable. I'm betting it will be a company with 70 years of endurance racing heritage.
If you think Tesla is anything but the undisputed expert in EVs, please don't buy an EV.

I would never buy a Tesla as I agree that Teslas are not very good vehicles and I really just don't like Tesla. But they are worlds ahead of Porsche in EVs and Porsche is only making an EV because of Tesla.

I never realistically expected Porsche to hit the Tesla benchmarks for batteries or tech. But I did expect them to be in the ballpark with an overall much better vehicle. The reality, based on the official Taycan release, is horrible range & tech numbers. The WTLP number is less than an iPace and over 100 miles less than a Model S. It's staggering. The reality of the Taycan is it's a city only car. Wait until you see the real-world numbers when magazines & bloggers get test vehicles, it's not going to be pretty.

Personally, I enjoy taking my Porsche on long trips and windy mountain roads. You won't be doing that with a Taycan without dramatically sweating the range and massive inconvenience. Porsche really dropped the ball, IMO.

artdept

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y, white taycan
Country flag
sorry (not sorry) for the dumb question.
where do i find the range stats on these 2 car c options?
How far will they go until a recharge is needed?

Dyefrog

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Things are gettin weird :) That automatic port cover seems is an option for 640$ and I don't understand what the hell is this
On-Board 150 kW DC Charger - (Optional On-Board DC Charger to increase maximum charging capacity when charging at public 400V direct current charging stations. By increasing the charging capacity to 150kW, the charging time is decreased.) Isn't it supposed to charge up to 270kW?
As best as I can tell, if you do not get the optional 150 kW DC Charger and you charge from a typical <400 volt DCFC, you will get a similar charging rate as a Chevy Bolt which is around 50kW.
You will only get the 250kW when charging at a 800 volt DCFC.

Ron R

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Porsche Cayman
Country flag
If you think Tesla is anything but the undisputed expert in EVs, please don't buy an EV.

I would never buy a Tesla as I agree that Teslas are not very good vehicles and I really just don't like Tesla. But they are worlds ahead of Porsche in EVs and Porsche is only making an EV because of Tesla.

I never realistically expected Porsche to hit the Tesla benchmarks for batteries or tech. But I did expect them to be in the ballpark with an overall much better vehicle. The reality, based on the official Taycan release, is horrible range & tech numbers. The WTLP number is less than an iPace and over 100 miles less than a Model S. It's staggering. The reality of the Taycan is it's a city only car. Wait until you see the real-world numbers when magazines & bloggers get test vehicles, it's not going to be pretty.

Personally, I enjoy taking my Porsche on long trips and windy mountain roads. You won't be doing that with a Taycan without dramatically sweating the range and massive inconvenience. Porsche really dropped the ball, IMO.
I read through your post and find the only thing we agree on is enjoying driving our Porsches. IMO, the tech numbers are fantastic and I personally don't have a problem with the range. Time will tell whether perspective owners will agree with my view or yours.

E Nott

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Porsche Panamera S, 2015 Porsche Targa 4S
Country flag
The color options suck. When I put down deposit thought that I would be going with the Taycan 4S. Looks like only Turbo and Turbo S will be the ones available first. Porsche USA website has crashed. They could not even get their audio to work during the Taycan world debut live video. Not getting good feelings about this car. Wonder if they will let you apply deposit towards a Panamera.

MPawelek

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1919 Ford Model T, 1931 Ford Model A, 1957 Nash Metropolitan, 2017 Mercedes SL, 2018 Ford F250
Country flag
I placed my deposit on the Taycan last year and have actively been a part of three forums with a Taycan presence for almost a year. Watched the unveil this morning and have to say I am greatly dissapointed. Porsche let their marketing department get way ahead of their engineering. Mileage very low compared to battery size and really over the top prices so far. Porsche is trying to protect their ICE vehicles with these prices and It is hard to believe 150k doesn’t even include a stereo system or cruise control etc, etc. Maybe the lower end versions of the Taycan to come will be a better buy but at this point I am out. I need something here in Texas that has better mileage than a Chevy Bolt......
Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan Configurator Online. Share Your Build! smile

Granola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant Quattro
Country flag
As best as I can tell, if you do not get the optional 150 kW DC Charger and you charge from a typical <400 volt DCFC, you will get a similar charging rate as a Chevy Bolt which is around 50kW.
You will only get the 250kW when charging at a 800 volt DCFC.
Exactly:
"Optional On-Board DC Charger to increase maximum charging capacity when charging at public 400V direct current charging stations. By increasing the charging capacity to 150kW, the charging time is decreased."
Sponsored