Porsche Taycan Configurator Online. Share Your Build!

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
so if you think I’ve missed anything let me know!
  • Good colour
  • Good wheels (I hope, I chose the same ;))
  • Interesting leather colour, not my cup of tea, but still certainly not wrong; actually on second look, pretty cool
  • Folding mirrors: Yes, mandatory IMHO
  • Deletion of model designation: Yes, also mandatory for all 4S drivers like you and me, haha
  • Sound: optional
  • Performance Battery Plus: Mandatory, IMHO. The most important add-on you have to have on the 4S.
  • Sport Chrono Package: optional
  • LED matrix headlights: optional
  • Automatically dimming mirrors: Mandatory, IMHO. Safety and comfort.
  • Panoramic roof: Yes!
  • Privacy glass: Yes, especially for your dark grey colour
  • Park assist and camera: IMHO a no brainer for a car of that price
  • Innodrive: Not mandatory, but recommended, until we know more (I ordered it, too)
  • HomeLink: optional
  • Lane change assist: Also a good choice, I think. It simply is a nice safety feature, which you won't need until you need it...
  • Comfort access: optional, pressing a button on a key is not overtaxing me
  • Ambient lighting: nice, hehe
  • Adaptive seats: Yeah, I would also go for the very adaptive ones. The one thing which just must not happen is that some detail of the seats is uncomfortable.
  • Seat heating: yes, at least for front
  • Heated steering wheel: very optional
  • Storage package: yes, cheap but important
  • Interior Carbon: Hui, interesting choice. May look very cool.
  • Bose: Why not
  • Powered port cover: Haha
  • Booster and connect: yes
The things I would reconsider at least once are:
  • Passenger Display: I liked it initially, but looking at the interior shots of the car again and again I thought maybe that is one display too many.
  • How about the black "window liners" (I don't know the English word). I mean, you have the privacy glass and the dark colour. You might as well go "all dark".
  • How about the colourful coat of arms on the wheels. Your car is essentially all dark grey - black - silver, i.e. has no "regular colour". You could add the colourful coat of arms on the wheel as a tiny counterpoint.
The few things you might add are:
  • The heat pump. It means the car will use much less electricity to warm itself up. Depending on where you live, that may make a significant difference in the colder times of the year. Here in Munich, with about 100 days per year where the outside air temperature reaches zero degrees Celsius, I consider it mandatory.
  • The 4+1 seat configuration. It is not expensive and mainly adds the extra seat belt.
  • The intelligent range manager. It is cheap and possibly a useful piece of software.
But a mean machine it is :D!

Cheers,
Henrik

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
  • Good colour
  • Good wheels (I hope, I chose the same ;))
  • Interesting leather colour, not my cup of tea, but still certainly not wrong; actually on second look, pretty cool
  • Folding mirrors: Yes, mandatory IMHO
  • Deletion of model designation: Yes, also mandatory for all 4S drivers like you and me, haha
  • Sound: optional
  • Performance Battery Plus: Mandatory, IMHO. The most important add-on you have to have on the 4S.
  • Sport Chrono Package: optional
  • LED matrix headlights: optional
  • Automatically dimming mirrors: Mandatory, IMHO. Safety and comfort.
  • Panoramic roof: Yes!
  • Privacy glass: Yes, especially for your dark grey colour
  • Park assist and camera: IMHO a no brainer for a car of that price
  • Innodrive: Not mandatory, but recommended, until we know more (I ordered it, too)
  • HomeLink: optional
  • Lane change assist: Also a good choice, I think. It simply is a nice safety feature, which you won't need until you need it...
  • Comfort access: optional, pressing a button on a key is not overtaxing me
  • Ambient lighting: nice, hehe
  • Adaptive seats: Yeah, I would also go for the very adaptive ones. The one thing which just must not happen is that some detail of the seats is uncomfortable.
  • Seat heating: yes, at least for front
  • Heated steering wheel: very optional
  • Storage package: yes, cheap but important
  • Interior Carbon: Hui, interesting choice. May look very cool.
  • Bose: Why not
  • Powered port cover: Haha
  • Booster and connect: yes
The things I would reconsider at least once are:
  • Passenger Display: I liked it initially, but looking at the interior shots of the car again and again I thought maybe that is one display too many.
  • How about the black "window liners" (I don't know the English word). I mean, you have the privacy glass and the dark colour. You might as well go "all dark".
  • How about the colourful coat of arms on the wheels. Your car is essentially all dark grey - black - silver, i.e. has no "regular colour". You could add the colourful coat of arms on the wheel as a tiny counterpoint.
The few things you might add are:
  • The heat pump. It means the car will use much less electricity to warm itself up. Depending on where you live, that may make a significant difference in the colder times of the year. Here in Munich, with about 100 days per year where the outside air temperature reaches zero degrees Celsius, I consider it mandatory.
  • The 4+1 seat configuration. It is not expensive and mainly adds the extra seat belt.
  • The intelligent range manager. It is cheap and possibly a useful piece of software.
But a mean machine it is :D!

Cheers,
Henrik
Thanks Henrik, very comprehensive reply! Thanks! Dark window sides is a good idea. Car looks better with them. Hopefully I get to see a carbon interior on the demo before I have to lock in the build. Heat pump is a good call... cheers Gordon

sbs

First Name
SBS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jag i-pace, Tesla model 3
Country flag
Thanks for all the feedback - appreciated -

I removed the PDCC and PTV and added RMS - considering the sports chrono

Best
B

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
Thanks for all the feedback - appreciated -

I removed the PDCC and PTV and added RMS - considering the sports chrono

Best
B
Lots of opins on the Sports Chrono....and they range, of course, back through the 997 911. Even though the original 'Package' had some neat function back then.....there were significant naysayers in the Porsche community.
It's personal like so much. I have Pcars that were spec'd without.....so I'd be one of those naysayer and I know I've gone so far as to referred to it in Porsche company as 'the wart on the dash'.
It will not be on the wife's Taycan and I guess I'd even feel more strongly about the 'wart' opin when in the context of the high-tech Taycan dash.

However........just me, and if it looks good to you, then go for it....definitely.

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
The sports chrono clock looks bad in my opinion, doesn't fit the modern Taycan dash. I'd want it removed if it was possible. But I'm still getting the sports chrono for the drive mode knob on the steering wheel. That, for me, is a must.

I asked about this and you can't get them separately. It's both or nothing. So I'm going with both, as the easy way to change drive modes is simply a must.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
The sports chrono clock looks bad in my opinion, doesn't fit the modern Taycan dash. I'd want it removed if it was possible. But I'm still getting the sports chrono for the drive mode knob on the steering wheel. That, for me, is a must.
I also would like the mode wheel on the steering wheel. But I rather do without it and not have analog stuff cluttering the dash. I like modern clean line design.

Otherwise picking the options is easy for me. I am a tech guy, I clearly value function over form. Taycan without any trims already looks great, I just made it look a bit more consistent on the outside. Then I picked up every tech option available besides the second screen. I mostly drive the car myself, so buying a screen which is almost always switched off...

I also drive mostly inner city and never had a car with rear wheel steering. So ordered it and see if I can make these quick and dirty U turns even quicker!

Over all, I am extremely happy with all this! Ever since I have driven my first EV 4 years ago, I have been waiting to get something similar, but from a premium/luxury manufacturer.

Mission4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Taycan 4S in Mission e style

Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan Configurator Online. Share Your Build! Mission4S_large

http://www.porsche-code.com/PL7IGQX0

I really like about this black and white configuration in Mission e style the contrast between classic/elegant style the uni colors produce on one side and the sporty/futuristic style that the rest of Taycan design produces on the other side. Looking forward to pick up my 4S on 7 Feb 2020 in Stuttgart directly from the Porsche factory.

Fun fact: I bought with my Taycan not only an eco friendly 100% electric car - in addition I bought my car also locally ... the Porsche factory in Stuttgart is only 71,9 km (44.6 miles) away from my home compared to an Mercedes I picked up before from Sindelfingen factory, which is 73,3 km (45.5 miles) away from my home - so I saved for my Tacyan almost 1 mile buying locally ;)

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Taycan 4S in Mission e style

Mission4S_large.jpg

http://www.porsche-code.com/PL7IGQX0

I really like about this black and white configuration in Mission e style the contrast between classic/elegant style the uni colors produce on one side and the sporty/futuristic style that the rest of Taycan design produces on the other side. Looking forward to pick up my 4S on 7 Feb 2020 in Stuttgart directly from the Porsche factory.

Fun fact: I bought with my Taycan not only an eco friendly 100% electric car - in addition I bought my car also locally ... the Porsche factory in Stuttgart is only 71,9 km (44.6 miles) away from my home compared to an Mercedes I picked up before from Sindelfingen factory, which is 73,3 km (45.5 miles) away from my home - so I saved for my Tacyan almost 1 mile buying locally ;)
Nice spec.. classy!

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Here is my build, hope I didn't miss anything as it's locked in!

https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/w...NXYC_xGRed73XrxFLl9JIPUO2N5vy3m9GjW-HmNzOSmw$

upload_2019-12-29_10-1-54.jpeg
Very nice build! Almost exactly what I would have done had I not decided to stay within my budget and ordered a 4S.

Have you noticed that your options only add up to $27,660, but you are being charged $29,150? My best guess is that the configurator has a bug that is not subtracting the stand-alone price of the glass roof ($1,490) when you selected the premium package, which includes the glass roof.

A lot of the early builds likely had this problem. My 4S order did. Rebuilding my same vehicle using the configurator now, the price is $1,490 lower. Hopefully we are charged the right amount...but I also figured that a $1,490 price difference would not have changed my mind about placing the order.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Very nice build! Almost exactly what I would have done had I not decided to stay within my budget and ordered a 4S.

Have you noticed that your options only add up to $27,660, but you are being charged $29,150? My best guess is that the configurator has a bug that is not subtracting the stand-alone price of the glass roof ($1,490) when you selected the premium package, which includes the glass roof.

A lot of the early builds likely had this problem. My 4S order did. Rebuilding my same vehicle using the configurator now, the price is $1,490 lower. Hopefully we are charged the right amount...but I also figured that a $1,490 price difference would not have changed my mind about placing the order.
Could well be as the alu roof is only available from june 2020.
Thx for the heads-up.
I'll check my order, just to be sure.
Here in the Netherlands we don't have "packages", we are able select all options separately but you never know...

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Although I don't smoke I opt the smoke kit cuz it just looks nice.
And I don't like two big holes in the middle part, one is enough. :giggle:
Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan Configurator Online. Share Your Build! iris (22)~2

Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan Configurator Online. Share Your Build! iris (23)~2

Last edited: