Porsche Taycan Configurator Online. Share Your Build!

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
My local dealer must have called everyone on their waiting list during the holiday week. They said they had 2 Taycan 4S slots and the first two deposits got them. I quickly configured and deposited that day. My build date is March 6th so I have a little time to change options. I did equip this one fairly well, with Leather, Premium, Sport, Innov Drive, etc for a total cost of USD $147,260. If there’s something you’d suggest I add (or delete) let me know, the build is at: www.porsche-code.com/PLY2EBQ8.

314495DD-318D-4D43-A928-708154F7418E.jpeg
I wish I would have gotten the sport side skirts, the shape is different and I really like them, might wrap mine, just my 2cents

CWW

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi
Country flag
Finally got my allocation and commission number for the Taycan 4S.
April May delivery.
Long time coming.

Attachments

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Hello there,

If there’s something you’d suggest I add (or delete) let me know, the build is at: www.porsche-code.com/PLY2EBQ8.
Yes. Why do you want the extreme brakes (PSCB)? You already have about 250kW in electrical braking power, plus the regular brakes. I'd skip the PSCP and save the $3,490.

Cheers,
Henrik

MetallicBlue

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audii Q7
Country flag
If you are going to road trip a lot, maybe consider the intelligent range manager - only $300.
Reg,

Thanks for that suggestion. When I first looked at the range manager I thought it’s primary purpose was to find charging stations. As I look deeper the optimization for range while driving does seem like it will be helpful. Thanks for the suggestion and I will add it to the build.

MetallicBlue

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audii Q7
Country flag
Hello there,

Yes. Why do you want the extreme brakes (PSCB)? You already have about 250kW in electrical braking power, plus the regular brakes. I'd skip the PSCP and save the $3,490.

Cheers,
Henrik
Henrik,

That’s a very good call out. I went back and forth on these surface coated brakes. What finally tipped me is that their rotor coating is supposed to reduce brake dust and potential rust a lot. Since the car will eventually be in a humid state (Florida) I was a bit concerned about rust and don’t like brake dust. With the strong regen it’s likely the brake pads won’t hit the rotors nearly as much as a typical car and not be able to keep up with the small amount of surface rust that accumulates weekly in Florida.

What do others think about the coated brake option?

Mike

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
My local dealer must have called everyone on their waiting list during the holiday week. They said they had 2 Taycan 4S slots and the first two deposits got them. I quickly configured and deposited that day. My build date is March 6th so I have a little time to change options. I did equip this one fairly well, with Leather, Premium, Sport, Innov Drive, etc for a total cost of USD $147,260. If there’s something you’d suggest I add (or delete) let me know, the build is at: www.porsche-code.com/PLY2EBQ8.

314495DD-318D-4D43-A928-708154F7418E.jpeg
I think you have a great spec there. You seem to have great packages in the USA for the car!
For me the Innodrive is an extra that I am not so sure about. I think this is a drivers car and I am not so interested in that auto drive, but everybody has their choices.
I agree with you about the brake upgrade. I think the 4S brakes look very small in standard issue, but I also realise that the brakes will not be used that much. But visually I prefer the larger rotors.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Depends on your budget. There are so many cool options that I would notice more than the brakes, I decided against them - things like the illuminated door sill in carbon fiber and the under door puddle lights.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
That would be interesting, but not shown in standard equipment list. The only 2 heat related things I see are:
  • Electrically adjustable and heatable exterior mirrors
  • Heated rear windshield with "Auto-Off" function
Though I am somewhat confused by Porsche marketing. I have heard in many reviews, talk of the "snake pit" which routes heating and cooling between components as being a unique item to the Taycan. So I assumed that that heats scavenging of some degree was standard on all models.
I just saw a reply that the Heat Pump is standard in USA. I know that I looked on Jan 3rd and did not see it, but now I do.
Standard Heated Elements of the 4S are:
  • Electrically adjustable and heatable exterior mirrors
  • Heated rear windshield with "Auto-Off" function
  • Seat heating (front) (8 way seats)
  • Heat pump

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Henrik,

That’s a very good call out. I went back and forth on these surface coated brakes. What finally tipped me is that their rotor coating is supposed to reduce brake dust and potential rust a lot. Since the car will eventually be in a humid state (Florida) I was a bit concerned about rust and don’t like brake dust. With the strong regen it’s likely the brake pads won’t hit the rotors nearly as much as a typical car and not be able to keep up with the small amount of surface rust that accumulates weekly in Florida.

Mike
With that much regen, I doubt you ever have to wash the car because of breaking dust, unless you always drive the car indoors. :angel:

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Henrik,

Mike
I would agree that surface rust may be a problem in Florida.

Though I believe the 90% of breaking by Regen quote from Porsche, I also hear that breaking from 5mph to 0 will often be friction, I assume that the synchronous motors may not be able to perform Regen efficiently at low RPM. So may not be such a problem unless car sits un-driven. Though that would be a shame.

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Henrik,

Mike
they’re pretty new, with the 2019 Cayenne, but they are designed to handle the problem you’re worried about. That’s why they are standard on the 4S. You can’t get brakes that will rust on the taycan. One of the engineering reviews went into this. I want to say Jalopniks maybe. https://jalopnik.com/an-extremely-detailed-look-at-the-porsche-taycans-engin-1837802533

t
he carbon ceramics are ridiculous overkill on the taycan. So naturally I must have them! Seriously though I love them on the 911, the wheels stay clean in ways I wouldn’t have imagined possible. But they are basically a vanity option. The steel brakes from Porsche are already overkill for public roads. Ceramics don’t fade in ways that would require a track, or a helicopter chase.

MetallicBlue

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audii Q7
Country flag
they’re pretty new, with the 2019 Cayenne, but they are designed to handle the problem you’re worried about. That’s why they are standard on the 4S. You can’t get brakes that will rust on the taycan. One of the engineering reviews went into this. I want to say Jalopniks maybe. https://jalopnik.com/an-extremely-detailed-look-at-the-porsche-taycans-engin-1837802533

t
he carbon ceramics are ridiculous overkill on the taycan. So naturally I must have them! Seriously though I love them on the 911, the wheels stay clean in ways I wouldn’t have imagined possible. But they are basically a vanity option. The steel brakes from Porsche are already overkill for public roads. Ceramics don’t fade in ways that would require a track, or a helicopter chase.
That engineering overview is a great resource, the detailed cutaway drawings nicely detail the power train, etc. Thanks for sharing that link. In the final configuration I’m seeing for the US, it looks like the Turbo S gets Ceramic brakes, the Turbo gets the surface coated brakes and the 4S gets iron brakes with Red calipers as standard. Here’s what the description is for the surfaced coated highlights:

Brake system with ceramic coated brake discs (tungsten carbide). To improve the response, fading stability, and significantly reduce formation of brake dust. A further advantage is the corrosion resistance of the brake discs, with a longer service life. White-lacquered brake calipers give the brake a unique look.
  • Brake discs internally ventilated
  • Composite brake discs on the front axle with brackets made of Aluminum
  • Front: 10-piston brake calipers with 415 mm brake discs
  • Rear: 4-piston brake calipers with 365 mm brake discs
  • Brake calipers in White
I’m with you on ceramic if money weren’t an option, or as you say in a 911.

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That engineering overview is a great resource, the detailed cutaway drawings nicely detail the power train, etc. Thanks for sharing that link. In the final configuration I’m seeing for the US, it looks like the Turbo S gets Ceramic brakes, the Turbo gets the surface coated brakes and the 4S gets iron brakes with Red calipers as standard. Here’s what the description is for the surfaced coated highlights:

Brake system with ceramic coated brake discs (tungsten carbide). To improve the response, fading stability, and significantly reduce formation of brake dust. A further advantage is the corrosion resistance of the brake discs, with a longer service life. White-lacquered brake calipers give the brake a unique look.
  • Brake discs internally ventilated
  • Composite brake discs on the front axle with brackets made of Aluminum
  • Front: 10-piston brake calipers with 415 mm brake discs
  • Rear: 4-piston brake calipers with 365 mm brake discs
  • Brake calipers in White
I’m with you on ceramic if money weren’t an option, or as you say in a 911.
ah, I appear to have misread the 4S configurator for standard equipment. Those are iron. If you’re concerned about this, the PSCB are almost $6000 cheaper and more than enough for corrosion concerns due to irregular use. The PSCB come standard on the Turbo so there isn’t any need to upgrade to ceramics. Want possibly ;-)

MetallicBlue

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audii Q7
Country flag
ah, I appear to have misread the 4S configurator for standard equipment. Those are iron. If you’re concerned about this, the PSCB are almost $6000 cheaper and more than enough for corrosion concerns due to irregular use. The PSCB come standard on the Turbo so there isn’t any need to upgrade to ceramics. Want possibly ;-)
Charlie,

I think you’re right, the PSCB is a good balance at just over 1/3 the price of the ceramic brakes. I’m sure the red brakes stop well also with regen taking the brunt of stopping. The humid climate is the tipping point for me.
Sponsored