Porsche Taycan Configurator Online. Share Your Build!

JC Mann

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S, Tesla Model S
Country flag
Ron,

Those are very thoughtful suggestions, I appreciate them. If the grey is too light that would be an issue for me. I will make the trip to a dealer to look at the exact interior color. My local dealer does have an exterior panel in the Blue so I can compare it against that.

It sounds like you’re putting together quite a build yourself. I’m glad to see another InnoDrive out there. My dealer actually told me he didn’t think they were DOT approved yet, I had him call the national sales exec who confirmed they’re approved and fully functional. What exterior color did you select?

I hadn’t considered the smoking package since I don’t but a cover for the cup holder could come in handy. Good suggestion there, as well as the longer cable.

Good luck with your order, you may want to consider posting it here so we can see the details.

Mike
I don’t smoke, but I plan on getting the free smoking package and using the cover to hide my loose change.
Sponsored

MetallicBlue

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audii Q7
Country flag
http://www.porsche-code.com/PLFPDG37 I'm about to order tomorrow, any views on what i'm missing or should leave out, would be very much appreciated!
This is a beautiful build, with the black accents and calipers it really pops. I also went with InnoDrive, Adaptive Cruise once saved me from a likely crash and the extra uptick for Inno from there was worth it. I just have two items for comment:

1) With the exterior so well done, the puddle lights might be something to consider if they’re offered in your country. I used google translate and couldn’t find them on the options list but this might be something to ask the dealer about. Also can likely be added aftermarket if there’s interest down the road.

2) The interior colors are very sharp and colors are a matter of personal preference. In the US my dealer cautioned against the light (Chalk in our case) seats since many people here wear jeans which may transfer color to the seat over time.

Congrats on a beautiful build overall and being so far ahead of many of us. My options don’t lock until the end of this month with a 6 March build start.

Mike

MetallicBlue

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audii Q7
Country flag
This is a beautiful build, with the black accents and calipers it really pops. I also went with InnoDrive, Adaptive Cruise once saved me from a likely crash and the extra uptick for Inno from there was worth it. I just have two items for comment:

1) With the exterior so well done, the puddle lights might be something to consider if they’re offered in your country. I used google translate and couldn’t find them on the options list but this might be something to ask the dealer about. Also can likely be added aftermarket if there’s interest down the road.

2) The interior colors are very sharp and colors are a matter of personal preference. In the US my dealer cautioned against the light (Chalk in our case) seats since many people here wear jeans which may transfer color to the seat over time.

Congrats on a beautiful build overall and being so far ahead of many of us. My options don’t lock until the end of this month with a 6 March build start.

Mike
One more item: I don’t know if you’ll have many rear seat passengers. I do envision having them and am in a climate that changes so I ordered the ~$1,000 rear seat (4 zone) ventilation option.

Mission4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Love this configuration Mission4S.....any chance can you post the specifications in English? Thx. M
Here is my original Taycan 4S configuration from Germany:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL7IGQX0

I used the online configurator for some other English speaking countries and noticed quite a lot of differences about what is included in the standard options and what is part of the individualisation depending on the selected country.

This is my configuration with your Australian configurator:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PLYEUTS1
Please note the following options, which are part of the standard for Taycan 4S in Australia, but must be selected as individual options to get the same Taycan 4S configuration here in Germany:
- KA6 ParkAssist (front and rear) with Surround View
- QQ1 Ambient lighting
- 4X4 Side airbags in rear compartment
- VW5 Thermally insulated glass all round
- QW5 Porsche Intelligent Range Manager
- 9VL BOSE® Surround Sound system with 14 speakers including subwoofer and a total output of 710 Watts
In Australia the standard options include the "Comfort seats in front (14-way, electric) with memory package", while in Germany the standard for Taycan 4S is "Power Seats (8-way)". So my additional option "3L4 Driver Memory Package" is already included in the standard options for Australia.

In comparison this is the same configuration from the Porsche United Kingdom website:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PLLRZJP8
There are much less differences between the standard options in the United Kingdom and Germany. However, the following 2 individual options from Germany are part of the standard options in the UK:
- 9M3 Heat pump
- QW5 Porsche Intelligent Range Manager

The biggest differences to my configuration in Germany are in comparison with Porsche US:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PLW1WI14
The following options are standard for the Taycan 4S in the US, but individual options for my configuration in Germany:
- 1N3 Power Steering Plus
- QQ1 Ambient lighting
- 4X4 Side airbags in rear compartment
- 9M3 Heat pump
In the US the configurator forces the required option "3FG Fixed Panormaic Roof in Glass", which is optional in Germany and not part of my configuration.
In the US the configurator forces together with the "Mission E Design Wheels" to use the option "Q77 All-Season Tires for 21" Wheels", which is not available in Germany.
My option "3L4 Driver Memory Package" for Germany together with the Power Seats (8-way) is not available on the US configurator and is also not part of the standard options. If you want to have a memory package in the US you need to upgrade also your seats to the "Power Seats (14-way) with Memory Package".

What does all this differences depending on the country mean for me?
First of all I like this Taycan Forum here very much and especially the very international approach with Taycan enthusiasts from around the globe!
I also like to look into configurations from others to get some new ideas/inspirations ... but just realized that the standard options for the Taycan 4S are quite different depending on the given country.
In the future I will check for Taycan configurations of other countries also what is part of the standard options in that country to ensure I don't miss details.

... can not wait to pick up in less than 3 weeks at the Porsche factory in Stuttgart my new Taycan 4S, which you have seen in 4 different configurators now ;)

JacobDK

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I don’t smoke, but I plan on getting the free smoking package and using the cover to hide my loose change.
Agree - did the same on my build. Anyway I was at the Porsche Denmark launch today in Copenhagen, and took these pictures of the smokingpackage. It's basically just inserted into the cupholder, and can be easily removed..
Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan Configurator Online. Share Your Build! DSC_3145
Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan Configurator Online. Share Your Build! image

MetallicBlue

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audii Q7
Country flag
http://www.porsche-code.com/PLWFFNG2

Anything I missed that I should have gone for? Order is in, but not yet locked.
That’s a beautiful build, striking colors with the Metallic Blue and painted Mission E wheels. You have it well loaded with tech features, from InnoDrive to Passenger Display to 4-Zone climate. I have an almost identical build in the 4S I’ve ordered so I went through every option with a fine tooth comb. Of course everything is a matter of personal taste, here are some considerations:

Intelligent Range Manager was something I added to my build after getting valuable feedback in these forums. It helps get every last mile of range out of the car, which may come in handy with the reduced range imparted by the Mission E wheels.

You included a lot of visual touches, including interior seat belts :). On the exterior take a look at the configuration with Window Trim and Taycan Turbo in high gloss black. It may help complement the black spokes on the Mission E wheels. That’s completely personal taste, just something to look at in the configuration.

All the best and let me know when yours comes in.

JacobDK

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Agree with MetallicBkue on the option on black window surrounds and modelname.

The interior colour is near white - its a “no jeans” colour.

Could consider the Porsche logo on headrest in sted of “Turbo” lettering.

Nice build!

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag

Nice build!
We actually considered the black also, but thought it might be too much of it and liked the way the chrome looked in the configuration.

As far as "no jeans" color, we were planning on taking the car for PPF or ceramic as soon as we got it, and some interior leather protection as well(don't know enough about interior leather yet to determine what we want to protect with)

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag

Nice build!
No jeans colour may be a bit harsh to say.
I have white colour seats in one car and also very light grey colour leather in another car. Both cars are treated by a Car Detailer with some products and we have in three years ownership not had any problems with jeans staining , nor any problems with young kids spilling drinks, orange juice or chocolate bars etc. It has been easy to just wipe off and the seats both front and back look like new. Check with a good detailer near you to treat the leather from the start and see what he says.
Do not be afraid of light colours in today’s world, they are quite durable once treated properly

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
One quick question with my build:

I'm still flipping back and forth on PDCC. We won't be taking the car on a track or anything. However, the roads here are pretty terrible. From my reading, it looks like it may make the car run more flat on the bumpy/crappy roads, as opposed to the regular suspension options. (seems that this works better on heavier cars, of which this one is I believe?)

Is this correct? Or does PDCC only really help on a car like this in aggressive driving conditions?

JacobDK

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
One quick question with my build:

I'm still flipping back and forth on PDCC. We won't be taking the car on a track or anything. However, the roads here are pretty terrible. From my reading, it looks like it may make the car run more flat on the bumpy/crappy roads, as opposed to the regular suspension options. (seems that this works better on heavier cars, of which this one is I believe?)

Is this correct? Or does PDCC only really help on a car like this in aggressive driving conditions?
I find it hard to bellieve that Porsche would build a car that as standard dosn’t drive great!

Below I have inserted what is standard (and optional) regarding the suspension - the standard suspension is very sophisticated allready!!

FROM PORSCHE WEBSITE

Porsche 4D-Chassis Control: intelligent command centre

Porsche uses a centrally networked control system for the Taycan chassis. The 4D Chassis Control analyses the current driving situation in all three dimensions (longitudinal, lateral and vertical acceleration) and then calculates the vehicle status. It then shares this status with all the chassis systems in real time – adding a fourth dimension to chassis control. As a result, the systems provide an integrated response to the current driving situation.

PASM: real-time analysis and synchronisation

The Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) electronic shock absorber control system is included as a standard feature. The system responds to the road surface conditions and the current driving style, constantly adjusting damping for each individual wheel accordingly. Drivers can choose from four driving modes: Range, Normal, Sport and Sport Plus (for further details, see the Drive article).

So, how does PASM work? Sensors record the body movements generated during fast acceleration, braking, fast cornering or driving on uneven road surfaces. PASM sends the recorded data to the Porsche 4D Chassis Control. The command centre calculates the current vehicle status and regulates the damper characteristics and spring rates depending on the selected mode. Thanks to the three-chamber air suspension technology, different air suspension volumes can be switched within milliseconds. The 4D Chassis Control system also allows the control parameters of the other electronic suspension systems to be adjusted accordingly. The noticeable result: more driving stability, performance and comfort.

The Taycan uses a single-tube damper instead of a conventional twin-tube damper. This is not only lighter, but it also offers a better response and a greater balance between comfort and sportiness.

Adaptive air suspension: always at the right level

The Taycan's three-chamber air suspension provides a wide range of spring rates. This allows the chassis to be adjusted to a low basic spring rate and therefore made more comfortable. As soon as necessary, the spring rate is electronically adjusted in a fraction of a second - for example when accelerating and braking. Roll movements are reduced via volume control.

In addition, the air suspension offers the well-known advantages of ride height control. These include the fact that the vehicle height remains the same or at the desired level, regardless of the vehicle load. What is more, the frontal area can be reduced in two stages by lowering the front end, thus optimising the range. Three further levels are available in addition to the normal level, depending on the driving modes. In the Range and Sport Plus modes, the chassis is always in the lowest position (-22 millimetres):

The lift level raises the chassis by 20 millimetres to prevent the front spoiler from bottoming, for example when entering an underground car park. This level can be set at speeds up to 30 km/h.

From a speed of 90 km/h, the Taycan is lowered by ten millimetres.

And when 180 km/h is reached, the body is automatically lowered by a total of 22 millimetres to improve road holding and aerodynamics at high speeds.

PDCC Sport active roll stabilisation: quick to react and efficient

The active roll stabilisation system, Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control Sport (PDCC Sport), uses electromechanical anti-roll bars. When required, the system reacts in just 200 milliseconds in order to stiffen the anti-roll bars to prevent the body from rolling. This makes PDCC more than 30 per cent faster than similar systems using hydraulic actuators. A further advantage is the lower energy consumption of the system, which is particularly important for an electric vehicle and allows the electric range to be optimised.

Last edited:

Kosten

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes E S4 ordered
Country flag
Hi and first of all welcome to the Forum. Nice to see further orders from Denmark. I know cars are extremely expensive in Denmark, but do EV’s get some advantage compared to ICE cars? My previous experience was that there were huge tax on cars in Denmark.

Your build looks very nice and it is all about personal taste and wishes. I can give you some thoughts about my own spec. But it is all about your preferences. Here is a shot at my comments.

I would not choose a dark colour since I live in a warm country. Been there done that. Love the lighter colours like Carrera White or Silver.
I also love the matrix lights and I drive a lot in the countryside without any street lighting. They are costly though, but very good.
Personally I would not pay that amount of money for Comfort Entry and the risk of theft that has been associated with it. Too expensive for what I value.
Adaptive speed ? I like to drive the car myself and there is some cruise control as standard.
Have you looked at the Black leather with Crayon? I think that looks sharper than the Chalk Beige. Especially on the doors.
I would rather have gone for the 4 wheel steering than the Servo plus. Valuable when parking and in tight spots.
Ambient lighting is something I would play with a few times and then not bother? So not high on my wish list.
I also like the Surround view and you have some expensive wheels there so......

This is just my wish list and my preferences.
Good luck and congratulations on placing an order!
Hi 786,
There is only 20% tax on EVs in DK this year vs. 150% on ICE cars. BUT it is uncertain wether the parliament will increase taxes in 2021 to 40 or 65% so people here are very eager to have their cars confirmed for delivery in 2020. Br Lars
Sponsored