Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’d think Citroen Ami would wipe the floor with all these cars. Jaw dropping for all the wrong reasons:)

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
A Lexus is more eye catching than a F40? Come on.
It's definitely eye-catching. My wife always mentions it when we see one on the road. It's very striking. Maybe not F40 striking, but, I can see it.

As for Taycan... definitely a huge contributing factor to my purchase decision.

Tighlines

First Name
Klint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 panamera turbo, 2023 taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Um...
We all already knew this.
I had an older couple in a beater of a car drive by with both mouths agape and the women hit the curb because she couldn't break her attention from my car.🤦‍♂️

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
honestly I don't know what to think....number 2 on the list is the Model 3.

Was this done using beer goggles?

wait a min...in the overall catagory, the Model 3 comes in better looking than the R8, AMG GT, and McLaren 720...

Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan Deemed Most Eye-Catching EV in Research Study 😳 Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 4.28.46 PM

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Staring can be a good thing or a bad thing. I think it can go either way with the cars on this list. Same can be said for color choices too….

SECRET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Results of this article are questionable at best.
honestly I don't know what to think....number 2 on the list is the Model 3.

Was this done using beer goggles?

wait a min...in the overall catagory, the Model 3 comes in better looking than the R8, AMG GT, and McLaren 720..
The fact that there's even a table ranking cars by how "eye catching" they are in a piece probably speaks to the level of automotive journalism going on here.

Model 3 is pretty hideous.

Last edited:

NuJerzPorsche

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
BMW dropped the ball not doing further development on that i8. They were ahead of their time like Porsche is ahead of their time with the design language on the Taycan

HerrCooles

First Name
Herr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ice grey
Country flag
When 5-6 year old kids draw a car it always looks like a Tesla. It's just a mass product. You can't have high expectations.

DougFrisk

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No longer awaiting a 4CT
Country flag
Results of this article are questionable at best.

The fact that there's even a table ranking cars by how "eye catching" they are in a piece probably speaks to the level of automotive journalism going on here.

Model 3 is pretty hideous.
Their ranking method is partially explained, the time it takes people to fixate on the car and the time people take looking at the car before getting bored and moving on. They seem to weight the initial fixation time higher than linger time.

The model 3 was ranked high because the eye was drawn to it quickly, the Taycan was ranked high because the eye lingered on it, 5.63 seconds, the longest of any vehicle in those tables.

Fixation time in particular is subject to confounding factors, they didn't explain what else was in the field of view of participants. If it was the images in the article, then the Model 3 was shown in front of a dimly lit hedge, the car is the only thing interesting in that image the eye is drawn to it immediately. Compared to the image of the Taycan which shows a brightly lit field with tree line in the background and a rather interesting bank of clouds. Without knowing details of how the images were presented the time to fixation value is perhaps questionable.

Fall7St8nd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've only recently started to see another Taycan driving in my area... and every time it certainly catches my eye. Validating at least 32 others (plus most on this forum) would agree!

Can't wait for my Taycan to catch the eyes of others (later this year hopefully)!
Sponsored