JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX M60, Audi RS3, Porsche Macan Turbo PR1X9KR5
Country flag
EDIT: Seems it's just a Taycan with HUD vs non-HUD.

Porsche Taycan "Porsche Taycan Facelift Spied With Rear Spoiler, Could Be Hot Version" porsche-taycan-facelift-spy-photo

Porsche Taycan "Porsche Taycan Facelift Spied With Rear Spoiler, Could Be Hot Version" maxresdefault

Last edited:

MConte05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4. GTS ST inbound
Country flag
Interesting changes to the interior too, basically confirming there are some infotainment changes coming. I did not expect such big changes to the dashboard. Looks like the new Cayenne and looks good.

porsche-taycan-facelift-spy-photo.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
What changes are you seeing? The test car has the HUD option which gives that big bulge behind the driver display.

The "old" picture, is a car without the HUD option.

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX M60, Audi RS3, Porsche Macan Turbo PR1X9KR5
Country flag
What changes are you seeing? The test car has the HUD option which gives that big bulge behind the driver display.

The "old" picture, is a car without the HUD option.
Ah right, interesting! The article talked about revised dashboard and I assumed that was it was talking about. I don't think I've seen a Taycan with HUD so that must be what I'm seeing. That actually makes more sense, changing the shape of the Taycan dashboard for the FL seems excessive.

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
wish my turbo got the split deployable spoiler off the Panamera Turbo. might be childish but god I love that thing
Hell yes it looks like an F-16 when it does that

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag

MConte05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ah right, interesting! The article talked about revised dashboard and I assumed that was it was talking about. I don't think I've seen a Taycan with HUD so that must be what I'm seeing. That actually makes more sense, changing the shape of the Taycan dashboard for the FL seems excessive.
My guess is that the authors of the article thought the same thing, not realizing there are two different dash options on the Taycan already since most don't know the HUD makes for a big "pod" on the dash.

That being said, it will be curious to see what interior changes, if any, there actually are. Always thought most of the mid-cycle updates usually made SOME tweaks to the interior, different steering wheel, different buttons, slightly modifed console or something, doesn't really seem to be anything at all on this.

Which.... thankfully makes me happy, as I am collecting my 2023 GTS ST in a few weeks. :D

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
they will probably bring it into line with the Cayenne changes (video streaming on the passenger display) and any new tweaks to the digital displays both software and hardware

.2 refreshes are always about "tweaks" vs. major changes - I'm also going to guess a lot of undercover supply chain and manufacturing/packing changes to make Taycan easier to build - the J1 platform was far from an "optimized" manufacturing & packing exercise

I would be unsurprised at 1000's of "under the skin" changes to make porsche's life simpler…

and of course a revised set of "options" (Porsche please kill off the 400V/150kW option and just make it standard).

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
Unpopular opinion... I actually like the headlight design on this prototype. More in line with new Cayenne and expected 24 Macan. And the car does look better with this fixed spoiler.

MConte05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good eye!, it does look like there's a button.
Time to speculate this is like the “overboost” feature? Maybe actually give the full power outside of launch control?
Sponsored