First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo
Country flag
New Porsche Portable Mobile Charger
-Originally purchased as a emergency back up (for my 2020 Taycan Turbo) from Suncoast Parts. Attachments are not included, this is the main charger ONLY. -Cables must be purchased separately, you will need a wall-to-charger and charger-to-vehicle cable.
-Includes: Mobile Charger ONLY and Porsche paper wor
-Price: $1000….or best offer.
-Local for pick up: New Jersey, New York

Sean
609-472-7115
[email protected].

Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan-Portable Mobile Charger 56EBBBDF-C918-4473-A44C-50BA2643BE09
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Storytime33

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo
Country flag
Is this some kind of joke?
Thank you for the reply, this is not a joke. Purchased an additional Charger for second location to store vehicle. Now selling it due to single storage location.
Thanks

abatis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Came home yesterday to find my PPMC smoldering where it was plugged into a 40 amp rated pigtail plugged into a Hubbell 6-50R welder outlet. I have used this method since Oct 2021. I won't be buying anymore Porsche charge equipment. Good Luck with your sale.
Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan-Portable Mobile Charger Pcargemelt

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Came home yesterday to find my PPMC smoldering where it was plugged into a 40 amp rated pigtail plugged into a Hubbell 6-50R welder outlet. I have used this method since Oct 2021. I won't be buying anymore Porsche charge equipment. Good Luck with your sale.
Pcargemelt.jpg
Is that a lead into a lead arrangement?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
also honestly I believe some buyers/dealers in the future may demand you provide this when the car when selling or trading it in - it's listed on the window sticker as "standard" equipment and may be required like the keys/owners manual - replacement cost is north of $2750 if you have to purchase a unit from Porsche Parts…if it's the one that came with the car I'd just store it for future - if it's an extra - I'm not sure how much of a market there is for it.

abatis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Well I would not sell this POS to anyone. However, I did remove the torched dongle and plugged in the 120V dongle and the unit seems fine, just the 14-50 dongle plug melted. I read that Porsche is one of the few outfits that uses 10 gauge wire on the dongle opposed to 6 or 8 gauge wire used by others. Worst case, I buy a Porsche 14-50 or a 50-6R dongle.
Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan-Portable Mobile Charger 120PPCM

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well I would not sell this POS to anyone. However, I did remove the torched dongle and plugged in the 120V dongle and the unit seems fine, just the 14-50 dongle plug melted. I read that Porsche is one of the few outfits that uses 10 gauge wire on the dongle opposed to 6 or 8 gauge wire used by others. Worst case, I buy a Porsche 14-50 or a 50-6R dongle.
120PPCM.jpg
porsche's charge for a new NEMA 14-50 or 6-50 power supply cable is more than a whole new non-Porsche mobile charger

yes Porsche's charger cable has some thermal challenges due to their poor choice of 10 gauge wire.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...uide-to-the-porsche-evse-pmc-pmcc-pwcc.13886/

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
also honestly I believe some buyers/dealers in the future may demand you provide this when the car when selling or trading it in - it's listed on the window sticker as "standard" equipment and may be required like the keys/owners manual - replacement cost is north of $2750 if you have to purchase a unit from Porsche Parts…if it's the one that came with the car I'd just store it for future - if it's an extra - I'm not sure how much of a market there is for it.
I seriously don’t understand this argument. Why do you think matching a used car to the order spec has any value at all? If someone ordered Porsche Experience Center delivery, buyer of the new car will demand it too? If someone bought the car without Innodrive but layer added it via FOD, the buyer will demand removal just so the car matches the window sticker?!?

Buyers can demand a PMCC even if you only speced the car with PMC+. It’s a buyer, they can demand whatever they want. Matching order spec down to every line item, especially removable accessories like mobile charger or removable ashtray or optional roof box or bike carrier is not going to be high on any buyer list. Even if you swapped out tires to different ones, what will matter is what tires the buyer likes, not what matches the original order from years earlier. Taycans are not some collectable car where having all original and complete factory production parts matter (so for example replacing the heater or battery due to recall would lower the Taycan price, no longer original VIN matched, factory installed parts).

To test your argument, imagine you are looking at two used Taycans. Same identical spec, same mileage, same condition, except one came originally came with PMCC and one with PMC+. Neither one of them has the EVSE with it anymore. Are you saying there is any difference whatsoever in their values (to either the dealer trading it in, or the buyer) because it costs more to replace a PMCC than a PMC+??? Imagine you bought a PMCC on ebay for $500. Are you honestly believing that selling that PMCC with the car which had PMCC originally speced adds more value to that car, than if you added the used PMCC to the car which originally came with PMC+? If so, why does the used car value change based on what the original sticker says, rather than the parts preset in the car you are buying, if those parts are 100% removable?

The only time I can see it having a potential impact is if you were returning a leased car. The residual value will be calculated based on the sale price, which includes all removable accessories, therefore the leasing company may require them to be returned. Outside of that, I don't think anyone will pay more money for a Taycan with PMCC which originally came with it vs Taycan with PMCC which didn't originally come with it.

Last edited:

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
a PMC+ is listed as "standard" equipment with the vehicle - buyers can request/demand the car be delivered the same standard equipment that came from the factory - if you've optioned PMCC it replaces the PMC+ as "standard equipment" - Porsche lists the vehicle for sale with a mobile EVSE in the spec's - if you sell/deliver the car without a Porsche mobile EVSE - it's no longer "spec" - now I'm not saying htis doesn't happen - I'm saying it will make for an awkward conversation wit the buyer and potentially expensive to resolve given the Porsche parts cost for one of their excellent mobile EVSE's…

Last edited:

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Porsche lists the vehicle for sale with a mobile EVSE in the spec's
Not for all Taycans. I spent over a year shopping for a Taycan and looked at many used ones, most of them were not listed with the original sticker, probably because they don’t want to guarantee everything is there.

if you sell/deliver the car without a Porsche mobile EVSE - it's no longer "spec"
Why does it matter is the car is spec? If someone added any FOD it’s no loner spec. If you changed tires, it’s no longer spec. If you substitute PMC+ with PMCC, it’s no longer spec.

That is the main question I don’t get - why would the buyer care what came from the factory on day one, rather than what is in the car being sold?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
in my experience on trade in's dealers have always given me crap if things were missing when trading the vehicle in - owner's manual's, first aid kits, spare tire, jacks, tool kits, EVSE's are hundreds of dollars and supposedlly included witht he car and necessary to charge the car if you don't have one…

it all comes down to how much pain/suffering you want post sale when people feel you've held back something they are entitled to - for me I make sure to minimize the reasons someone can contact me post sale and ask questions…

PMC+ is listed as "included" equipment for: Taycan, Cayenne eHybird, Panamera eHybrids - no different than a 2nd key, gas cap, owners manual, flat tire kit, Center lock nut, in some cases a spare tire

people are welcome to sell the vehicle's with out them - but buyers are also welcome to ask what happened and why are you not including it - and either get it to be included or request the price to be adjusted since the vehicle is missing items listed as "standard equipment".

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
PMC+ is listed as "included" equipment for: Taycan, Cayenne eHybird, Panamera eHybrids - no different than a 2nd key, gas cap, owners manual, flat tire kit, Center lock nut, in some cases a spare tire

people are welcome to sell the vehicle's with out them - but buyers are also welcome to ask what happened and why are you not including it - and either get it to be included or request the price to be adjusted since the vehicle is missing items listed as "standard equipment".
Do you really think a dealer buying a 4 year old car wants the 4 year old, expired, flat tire kit, especially if you replaced with a newer, non Porsche one?

PMCC is not "standard equipment". PMC+ technically is "standard", so technically I can see someone ask about it, but if you tell them you got a PMCC instead of PMC+ will they complain? What if you tell them you got a Tesla Mobile Connector with a TeslaTap instead (personally I would take that in a heartbeat - smaller, lighter, more reliable, and TeslaTap can be used on Tesla destination chargers). It's also worth noting that the vast majority of EV's sold in North America don't come with an EVSE included at all (even less if you exclude the ones which come with Level 1 only).
in my experience on trade in's dealers have always given me crap if things were missing when trading the vehicle in - owner's manual's, first aid kits, spare tire, jacks, tool kits, EVSE's are hundreds of dollars and supposedly included with he car and necessary to charge the car if you don't have one…
I've had dealers complain to me on trade-ins. I find typically they just look for something to knock off the trade-in price some. On a used car they will always find something. I've gotten dinged for having tint (dealer says they have to pay to remove it because they don't want to warranty it when they resell it as CPO) and one time for deleted badges (knocked off few hundred for missing badges on a 911C4, even though it was a factory delete, so technically adding them back was making the car non-spec). Heck, I one time traded a car which had a broken front lip plastics (few hundred bucks to replace but it was faster for me to just use zip ties under the car) - they didn't notice, but they dinged me on a small scratch on the rear bumper (not all the way through and only visible when trunk was open).

If the dealer says they will knock the trade-in price by $2,750 because of missing PMCC, they just don't want to pay full price for your trade-in. If you agree, then come back the next day with a PMCC, they are unlikely to give you $2,750 for it. If you think they would, I would suggest using this as a technique on your next tradein - tell them you don't have the PMCC, agree for them to lower your trade-in value by $2,750, they will stop looking for more reasons. Then come back few hours later with the PMCC and get $2,750 more for your car! :cool:

Bottom line, I agree a missing PMCC might be used as an excuse, but personal experience tells me if they use it, that means they would have found another excuse anyways.

CaliPorsche

First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2020 Cayenne S, 964 Speedster, AMG
Confusing ………. This is a zombie thread - the OP hasn’t even been in the site since 2022 and I am not sure why it was risen……….having said that ….. I can see why keeping one of these useless things with a car for when you want to sell it would make sense, alongside things like the air compressor, tire sealant etc. that came with the car (if it did)…… not much of an argument to be had against that …. As illogical as it indeed is…….
Sponsored