Porsche Taycan rear seat entertainment - anyone have it installed?

Abajansns

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera, Audi Q5, Mazda CX-5, BMW 330 I
Country flag
I was wondering does anyone have the taycan rear seat entertainment installed. I think I would like to add it to my build but want to see what it looks like in the back seats. If you have it in your taycan could you tell me if you like it and could you post pictures. Also one more thing from someone with it in your taycan what exactly can you do on it can you watch YouTube or movies and control things like air conditioning and other stuff in the car. I can’t find a good picture of the rear seat entertainment so if you have it can you please send photos or a video thank you.
Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan rear seat entertainment - anyone have it installed? 171EFEBF-73A4-4442-9515-69276489518E
Sponsored

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It will be for watching films etc. No AC control where installed in the rear as it has its own control panel.

Personally I think it would be quite claustrophobic for rear passengers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Abajansns

Abajansns

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera, Audi Q5, Mazda CX-5, BMW 330 I
Country flag
It will be for watching films etc. No AC control where installed in the rear as it has its own control panel.

Personally I think it would be quite claustrophobic for rear passengers.
Thank you for the reply if anybody actually has the rear seat entertainment please send pictures of the whole back seats with the it

Stoneageman

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Seems like a waste of money to be honest. Your kids can have iPads if they are sitting there so they aren’t destroying your car. Any other rear seat passengers probably won’t sit for long enough for that to matter and everyone already have phones.

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
I would also think you are better of buying iPads or tablets than these rather intrusive looking screens!

DGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Rubystar, Fiat 500e La Prima Cabriolet
Country flag
here is an old video with Porsche rear seat entertainment on Pana (same on Cayanne),

basically it will work in a similar fashion as the video explained on the Taycan, of course there is no disc player anymore.
with my coming GTS, I opted for the rear seat entertainment ports and will hunt an aftermarket/used screens, coz it's not worth paying 2k for 2 android tablets for kids only.

doucheface1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I was wondering does anyone have the taycan rear seat entertainment installed. I think I would like to add it to my build but want to see what it looks like in the back seats. If you have it in your taycan could you tell me if you like it and could you post pictures. Also one more thing from someone with it in your taycan what exactly can you do on it can you watch YouTube or movies and control things like air conditioning and other stuff in the car. I can’t find a good picture of the rear seat entertainment so if you have it can you please send photos or a video thank you.
171EFEBF-73A4-4442-9515-69276489518E.jpeg
mine has it and all you can do is connect it toWi-Fi hotspot and watch Netflix on it and play music.
The new taycan screens don’t allow controlling anything else
Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan rear seat entertainment - anyone have it installed? IMG_0311

Poshfpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S ID3
Country flag
mine has it and all you can do is connect it toWi-Fi hotspot and watch Netflix on it and play music.
The new taycan screens don’t allow controlling anything else
IMG_0311.jpeg
Just fyi you can plug an Amazon firestick into the HDMI and if you get a very short usb-c to micro usb lead you can make it pretty functional. It’s otherwise useless as you say.
You will also need a wifi dongle as the Porsche wifi only gives you 6 hours of streaming per month and can’t be extended.

doucheface1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Just fyi you can plug an Amazon firestick into the HDMI and if you get a very short usb-c to micro usb lead you can make it pretty functional. It’s otherwise useless as you say.
You will also need a wifi dongle as the Porsche wifi only gives you 6 hours of streaming per month and can’t be extended.
I extended mine and added the data pack. I have the tracker option added and if you add that you can then add data bolt on.

Poshfpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S ID3
Country flag
I extended mine and added the data pack. I have the tracker option added and if you add that you can then add data bolt on.
I have the data bolt on, it gives you 6 hours a month of Netflix and that’s it. We discovered this on a road trip to France. There is no extension possible, Porsche GB have apologised to me but can’t get any change to it as it’s run from Germany.

doucheface1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I have the data bolt on, it gives you 6 hours a month of Netflix and that’s it. We discovered this on a road trip to France. There is no extension possible, Porsche GB have apologised to me but can’t get any change to it as it’s run from Germany.
I was told you get 7gb which you could obviously use in 6 hours. I wasn’t told there’s a time limit..
If there is that’s another expensive Porsche option that’s a waste of time
Sponsored