W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Em, this has been happening for months now since the trial and now going live in some regions (UK for one). You need the Tesla App and a payment card associated with it. In the app select "Charge your non-Tesla".

Not all supercharger locations are accessible.

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
And even some that are enabled aren't due to cable layouts!
basically, the Tesla app will show you all locations that now accept non-Tesla customers.

They’re pricey though at 0.68 EUR/kWh.

ElectricSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2021 Taycan 4 CT in Crayon
Country flag
I've charged at the Supercharger on a road trip. It's great to have the option to, but I prefer IONITY chargers because they are faster and in better locations. Tesla Supercharger locations are often off the highway, and especially in countries like France where you need to pay to get on and off the highway, that's a lot of friction.

Also, without a subscription, they are very expensive to charge at so I've just charged a few kWh to get to an IONITY charger with peace of mind

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
And even some that are enabled aren't due to cable layouts!
Unsurprising really given they were designed initially for Tesla’s with optimal cable lengths. Opening that network to all and sundry suddenly the layout is sub-optimal for any cars that don’t have a charge port in either the left rear corner or front right corner.

There are a lot of Tesla owners miffed that another make of car could in many cases block use of the adjacent bay because the location of the port on the car / position of tombstone / short cable length forces the driver to use the cable from tombstone that would ordinarily service the adjacent bay.
Sponsored