Porsche Taycan teaser images and similarity to concept

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
The two teaser images show a very similar shape to the Mission E concept (only with wing mirrors)

They don't really look anything like the mules, they look much sportier, like a four-door supercar instead of an ordinary four door sedan

Surely this means that the final shape of the Taycan (despite what the mules would have you believe) would be 98% similar to the mission E (It is hard to see why they can't at least keep the overall height at the 1.3m of the Mission E) only with conventional doors?

Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan teaser images and similarity to concept Screenshot 2019-02-22 at 17.04.05
Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan teaser images and similarity to concept ba5816bb-0317-40bb-93c0-cc81c6f8738a_teaser_original_720x1_5

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
These are images which can be seen also in the Taycan brochure which I recieved from my dealer.
It doesn't say anything.
Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan teaser images and similarity to concept IMG_20190214_121727224
Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan teaser images and similarity to concept IMG_20190214_121742973
Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan teaser images and similarity to concept IMG_20190214_121456291

Porsche also showed the Mission E when they presented the name Taycan.
It doesn't say anything.
Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan teaser images and similarity to concept FB_IMG_1551114452447

OP
OP
TheSnape

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
These are images which can be seen also in the Taycan brochure which I recieved from my dealer.
It doesn't say anything.
IMG_20190214_121727224.jpg
IMG_20190214_121742973.jpg
IMG_20190214_121456291.jpg

It doesn't say anything.
FB_IMG_1551114452447.jpg
It shows you that the Taycan will be almost indistinguishable from the Mission E - very similar indeed in form.

It will also retain the wide haunches and rear spoiler.

Apparently, it'll be 1.38m high and 4.96m long, according to PAG1, so will have same dimensions as Audi E-Tron GT

Reactions: Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Opinions are nice but fact is: we don't know.
I hope you're right though...

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
Porsche used the E at Goodwood, they used the E at Porsche Parade, they use the E at Rennsport, they will continue to use the E and the silhouette of the E.
I would if I were they.
It is theirs. It is a product of their incredible Design Dept......and, it was universally well-received.

OP
OP
TheSnape

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Opinions are nice but fact is: we don't know.
I hope you're right though...
But the teaser images of the Taycan clearly show a sleek silhouette. What you see on the teaser images will be the final product

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Porsche used the E at Goodwood, they used the E at Porsche Parade, they use the E at Rennsport, they will continue to use the E and the silhouette of the E.
I would if I were they.
It is theirs. It is a product of their incredible Design Dept......and, it was universally well-received.
Indeed, and it would be silly to present an electric Panamera called Taycan instead.
But then again, concepts hardly make it to production models.
At this point we just don't know, it's all guessing and assuming.
Well, that's part of the experience, the waiting, the predictions, the suspense...
Enjoy this experience while we still don't know how it's gonna look, there will be a day we'll know and then it's over...
I can't remember being so excited for a new car though...
Ok, except the Mazda RX Vision, which turned out to be a design study, rather than an actual new rotary car, I was so pissed...
So....not this time, it's actually going to be produced!
Let's hope our deposits are put down for a good reason....it must be.
It should be!

OP
OP
TheSnape

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Indeed, and it would be silly to present an electric Panamera called Taycan instead.
But then again, concepts hardly make it to production models.
At this point we just don't know, it's all guessing and assuming.
Well, that's part of the experience, the waiting, the predictions, the suspense...
Enjoy this experience while we still don't know how it's gonna look, there will be a day we'll know and then it's over...
I can't remember being so excited for a new car though...
Ok, except the Mazda RX Vision, which turned out to be a design study, rather than an actual new rotary car, I was so pissed...
So....not this time, it's actually going to be produced!
Let's hope our deposits are put down for a good reason....it must be.
It should be!
But we know its dimensions - 1.38m high, 4.96m long - virtually identical to the Audi E-Tron GT. If you thought the E-Tron GT was sleek and sporty, chances are, because they have the same dimensions, so will be the Taycan - especially as we already know it has a sleek silhouette from the teaser pics

And in the second picture the wide rear haunches are very visible indeed

OP
OP
TheSnape

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
It doesn't say anything.
IMG_20190214_121727224.jpg
IMG_20190214_121742973.jpg
IMG_20190214_121456291.jpg

It doesn't say anything.
FB_IMG_1551114452447.jpg
But unlike the mission E, in even dark teaser images, and especially in brighter ones, you can see wing mirrors, showing it can only be the production Taycan

GyAkUsOu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A1 GB
Country flag
It shows you that the Taycan will be almost indistinguishable from the Mission E - very similar indeed in form.
I doubt it. The recent images of the prototypes show a car that is basically identical to the Cross Turismo Concept. Same front section.

That's how the Taycan is going to look. The Panamera and the Panamera Sport Turismo are also identical apart from the back.

OP
OP
TheSnape

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
I doubt it. The recent images of the prototypes show a car that is basically identical to the Cross Turismo Concept. Same front section.

That's how the Taycan is going to look. The Panamera and the Panamera Sport Turismo are also identical apart from the back.
But those prototypes are just mules. Whereas the Taycan teaser (from the sides and front), which are official pictures, shows very accentuated haunches, and a much sleeker front end

Reactions: Dee

GyAkUsOu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A1 GB
Country flag
But those prototypes are just mules. Whereas the Taycan teaser (from the sides and front), which are official pictures, shows very accentuated haunches, and a much sleeker front end
The prototypes are not "just mules" in my opinion. The cars are clearly based on the Cross Turismo apart from some details and quite a bit of tape. I doubt Porsche is going to have a totally different body style for the regular Taycan and the Cross/Sport Turismo.

Look at the comparison I found on some other forum. It's the same bonnet. the same fenders, same headlights....

Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan teaser images and similarity to concept {filename}

Last edited:

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
But there is so much tape on the mules, and the mules are still wearing Panamera body parts.
No, it looks like that but in fact, those are all Cross Turismo parts.
I've checked that cuz I was like you, thinking this was all Panamera.
After looking at the Cross Turismo, I realized they are the same ...

OP
OP
TheSnape

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
No, it looks like that but in fact, those are all Cross Turismo parts.
I've checked that cuz I was like you, thinking this was all Panamera.
After looking at the Cross Turismo, I realized they are the same ...
It could still be bolted on parts - remember the hole in one of the test mules?

Besides, the test mules seem upright and bulky, very short and stubby - the dimensions for the Taycan are meant to be almost identical to the Audi E-Tron GT
Sponsored