ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hear Vicky Parrott talk about why the Taycan is the best Sports GT in the UK even with the somewhat immature charging network.

Porsche Taycan: The Best Premium Sports GT?
Electrica Live
Sponsored

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes you are correct @bootsie. Someone had said that in the YouTube comments also. But the majority of facts are correct.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
At the beginning she talks about the weight of the car. I like it, it gives me the feeling of being solidly planted to the road. Am I missing something? Should I try find a 911 and take it for a test ride?

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
At the beginning she talks about the weight of the car. I like it, it gives me the feeling of being solidly planted to the road. Am I missing something? Should I try find a 911 and take it for a test ride?
There’s never a reason NOT to test drive a 911 :CWL: That said, having come out of a 911, the weight of the Taycan took a little getting used to, but not much. Modern 911s, especially all-wheel drive models, aren’t lightweights. I don’t have PDCC in my car, but do generally ride around with the suspension set to Sport, which handles the weight nicely, for me. What I miss the most is the steering - I had a 997.2, which had superb, hydraulic steering. The weight on the Taycan is fine, but I do miss the road feel from that steering.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
There’s never a reason NOT to test drive a 911 :CWL: That said, having come out of a 911, the weight of the Taycan took a little getting used to, but not much. Modern 911s, especially all-wheel drive models, aren’t lightweights. I don’t have PDCC in my car, but do generally ride around with the suspension set to Sport, which handles the weight nicely, for me. What I miss the most is the steering - I had a 997.2, which had superb, hydraulic steering. The weight on the Taycan is fine, but I do miss the road feel from that steering.
I might need to book another session at the Hockenheimring. Drive the Taycan TS again with PDCC and then also a 911. Good idea!

You are right, the steering is direct but not "connected"!

God, this car turns me into a car guy, that is so confusing!:blush:
Sponsored