ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
New review from TopGear UK. The standard whining about the UK charging infrastructure for non Tesla EVs. Which appears valid at the moment from my views of PlugShare. But still reasonable positive.

Porsche Taycan Turbo review: first UK test
By Matt Master
https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/porsche/taycan/460kw-turbo-93kwh-4dr-auto/first-drive
Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan Turbo review: first UK test - TopGear taycan_blue_turbo_029

When comparing as a Sportscar and saying it's no 911 they came back with this (except):
It’s a genuinely difficult one, but I’m prepared to stick my head above the parapet and say that the Taycan is a sportscar, just one that is operating within a different set of parameters. The steering is superb, the carbide coated brakes mega in terms of both feel and performance despite the invisible intrusion of a regen system that does a lot more for retardation than physical pad and disc. You really can hustle the Taycan along, building and scrubbing speed with otherworldy ease, and nine times out of ten you can sling it through a series of fast bends without being reminded that it weighs as much as a contemporary Range Rover.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Those are not "carbide coated brakes" though...:)
Ohh yeah, see the yellow calipers of full carbon ceramic breaks. A well spec'ed Turbo obviously. :cool:
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: Dee