ron_b

First Name
Ron
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, Bolt EV
Country flag
Prior review of the drive.
He's sold except for the lack of real emotion from natural engine sounds, hard for some to give up. :cool:

THE 670 hp PORSCHE TAYCAN TURBO!! Does this EV Drive Like a True Porsche?
Joe Hutchinson

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I do admit that I miss the engine sounds at times and wish there was a better option than the Jetsons electric sound. I realize that it's close to the Formula E sound but it's, well, bad. Let's be honest.. if it was a well replicated but completely fake NA Flat Six sound.. I'd use it. :CWL:

Maybe even something fake but more track focused, designed to give you the verbal cues you'd get from an ICE engine when to gear change/etc to give you a more solid sense of speed. Like I'm imagining the flashing redline cues you get on many cars in verbal form.

I get they wanted to keep it somewhat grounded in the reality of the car but I think this was one case where fake would have been better. The i8 being the best example. Instead of being a cute gimmick I'd prefer it was a "turn this on when driving hard for clear verbal speed cues" option.

Ormond

Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
On my test drive, I found the sound to be rather lame too. It reminded me of some of the noises my old Camry Hybrid made when I was braking and coasting. I always thought that I was hearing a siren in the distance.

Advertisement

ZYRUS

Advertisement