BluBaby

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I believe it's great news that Porsche is working on developing vehicle-to-grid (or home) applications allowing the use of the Taycan high voltage battery. This would leverage our investment and reduce the need for Tesla Powerwalls and other similar battery solutions. I personally have a solar array on my house and would love to have this capability especially when the grid goes does (in Florida that means hurricanes) so that I can continue to produce power from my solar panels.
https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/202...-grid-vehicle-to-grid-applications-27528.html
May they get this done sooner rather than later.
Sponsored

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
The thing that would concern me is the number of battery cycles if it's used extensively. Otherwise, for sparingly in use, it would be great.

4EVer

First Name
Viv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S, iD3 Pro S, E-Up!
Country flag
Just found this in the NewsRoom:

Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan Vehicle-to-Grid Applications S22_0893_en_Page_1
Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan Vehicle-to-Grid Applications S22_0893_en_Page_2
Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan Vehicle-to-Grid Applications S22_0893_en_Page_3

AndiL

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, ID. 3
Country flag
Please read the article carefully. What they did is charge the Taycans in a way that is benefitial to the grid system. They did NOT discharge the Taycan batteries as the hardware in the car is not able to do that. And they clearly stated that they use unmodified cars.

OP
OP
BluBaby

BluBaby

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes load balancing is the current application being tested. However they point to the future too in that quote:
"Advanced solutions for green charging and other vehicle-to-grid applications are
also conceivable. And that's not all: if electric vehicles feed electrical energy back into
the grid in the future for example with a private photovoltaic system, contributing to the
expansion of regenerative energy, it will further increase the acceptance of e-mobility."
It's good to see Porsche continuing to look forward to EV applications that go beyond driving.
Sponsored