Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just in case others are interested. Tesla with Cheetah Stance software test by Car and Driver. See the warm-up time and timings. If course I buy a Taycan not for 0-60 or quarter mile runs but for a mix of spirited country roads and driving in comfort. I suspect that I will not be disappointed.

https://www.caranddriver.com/review...el-s-performance-cheetah-mode-by-the-numbers/
Yeah, to highlight the warm-up...

it took almost 25 minutes after selecting Ludicrous+ mode to preheat the battery pack to its optimum, 120-degree temperature. Then, after a single blast to 150 mph, there's a waiting period of nearly 15 minutes to dissipate the excess heat generated before it's ready for another quick run.
Think of how many 0-60 runs Taycan could have done in that 25 minute warmup required by Tesla. LOL.
Sponsored

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Think of how many 0-60 runs Taycan could have done in that 25 minute warmup required by Tesla. LOL.
I think Taycan Turbo S will likely be better than Model S Raven Performance on average - given the battery warming issues. On the other hand, there are plenty of YouTube videos showing consistent behavior of the Model 3 performance - just like the Taycan. Having owned all these cars (model S, model 3, Taycan) I would rate the battery technology from top Model 3 (consistency in performance and availability of robust charging infrastructure) > Taycan (consistent, charging infrastructure in infancy)> Model S (inconsistent performance). For the fit and finish, Taycan hands down. For the user interface, Tesla hands down.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
For the user interface, Tesla hands down.
of course that is a very personalized choice. The idea of interacting with that big iPad stuck on the dash, protruding up in the line of sight of the windshield I find to be an abomination. Same thing with the idea that you need to look to your right at that screen if you want to see if there is something in your blind spot on your left. Similar to comparing the ease of the controls available on the steering wheel and stalks. Changing the wiper speed or unlocking the glovebox by going to the iPad Is terrible UI. They do have some interesting things, but when you focus on cleverness and fart apps instead of the actual user experience when driving, you make odd choices

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
...For the user interface, Tesla hands down.
I cannot stand the UI in my MS90D. The screen is why too low to find the touch buttons comfortably. Almost every time I want to change the AC settings, I switch on the seat heating. I even don't know bad enough words to describe how bad the usability is.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
of course that is a very personalized choice. The idea of interacting with that big iPad stuck on the dash, protruding up in the line of sight of the windshield I find to be an abomination. Same thing with the idea that you need to look to your right at that screen if you want to see if there is something in your blind spot on your left. Similar to comparing the ease of the controls available on the steering wheel and stalks. Changing the wiper speed or unlocking the glovebox by going to the iPad Is terrible UI. They do have some interesting things, but when you focus on cleverness and fart apps instead of the actual user experience when driving, you make odd choices
A guy in Germany lost his license for a month after driving his t off the road at a rainy night, because he claimed, he used the touch screen to change the wiper speed.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Changing the wiper speed or unlocking the glovebox by going to the iPad Is terrible UI. They do have some interesting things, but when you focus on cleverness and fart apps instead of the actual user experience when driving, you make odd choices
Agree with the wiper speed - would prefer on stalk.
The huge single screen is not the advantage in UI - esthetically I much prefer the display integration in Taycan. It is the simplicity of most menus in Tesla. Here are the better features - all in my own opinion, of course someone else may feel different.

1. Most important: a single intuitive submenu for any item - vs. submenus in submenus
2. Adjust cruise control speed with rotary dial on wheel - instead of push/pull
3. Cruise control engages with single tap on stalk. Cannot understand what in the world is the rationale Taycan has a separate button on the cruise stalk to activate it before you set the speed. That stalk only works on cruise control - if I touch it, should it not know it is because I want to engage cruise?
4. Of course, Tesla sentry mode
5. Ability to record camera feeds - no need for separate dashcam.
6. Summon - for getting out of tight parking spots.
7. I may be in the minority here, but I love phone as key.

Most of these could be implemented on the Taycan - there is enough screen real estate.
Sponsored