HigherLevel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Porsche Macan S, 2021 Taycan Turbo S (Jan 21)
Country flag

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
IMO that makes it worse for an owner who wants to sell. I'd gladly pay only 5.5% more to get a brand new car with full warranty and potentially new features and hardware from the year old version.
But these figures are based on what people are paying due to lack of availability.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
TESLA are doing a lot of things right and its time for us all to just wake up and accept that. And they are also in another market segment than Porsche..... More between BMW and VolksWagen somewhere...... So it would be intelligent for all to look at what TESLA are doing well and see how that applies to the specific situation and brand, discard everything that does not apply or is plain not of interest due to x reasons for the other specific brand and then the automotive world goes forward...... and maybe our comments as well! :cool:

PS I am SUPER happy with my new P-ride and also really happy with my different Teslas. One can have both and like both or not, in the same garage. Really not a problem :)

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
TESLA are doing a lot of things right and its time for us all to just wake up and accept that. And they are also in another market segment than Porsche..... More between BMW and VolksWagen somewhere...... So it would be intelligent for all to look at what TESLA are doing well and see how that applies to the specific situation and brand, discard everything that does not apply or is plain not of interest due to x reasons for the other specific brand and then the automotive world goes forward...... and maybe our comments as well! :cool:

PS I am SUPER happy with my new P-ride and also really happy with my different Teslas. One can have both and like both or not, in the same garage. Really not a problem :)
Completely agree. Love both my Taycan and my wife's Model 3. Tesla's user interface is much better, Taycan has better fit and finish, more quiet, drives better and is really gorgeous.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
That analysis is a bit silly since it is based off of MSRP. Tesla never moves from MSRP while it is really unusual for anyone to pay MSRP for a car sitting on the dealer's lot. In addition, they oddly
made the decision to " adjusted the price of the Model 3 based on incentives, which negatively affect the resale value of used electric vehicles". Well, ok then.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag

I completely agree with you. Tesla has a lot going for it, and the integration of the internet and its apps etc is very good. Calendar events get synchronised and are available with address etc. Good for planning a trip, hotel destinations, charger destinations etc. And it works well to send destinations to the car. You can remotely open the car if needed. Easy and reliable to set charging times.

The Porsche app has a lot to learn. It works sometimes and not other times. You can send A/C commands which is good, and sometimes some charging commands. But you get nothing in information? Inside temperature, outside temperature?

But the Taycan is a very nice car to drive, like all Porsche’s. I just hope they will improve the software in the car and in the app.

I am not too hopeful though as I had one of the initial Cayenne Turbo in 2003 and some of the issues with the navigation etc are still present after 17 years. And that Cayenne had so many software issues. But still a wonderful car to drive when It worked.

nsheth_ahimsa

First Name
Nirav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordering), 2020 GLS450, 2017 BMW 535d
Country flag

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
You know what’s funny - Roadshow just did another review and basically stated that if money is not an issue the would take the Taycan hands down - claiming better ride, fit/finish, interior, handling etc.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/porsche-taycan-vs-tesla-model-s/
Well, as much as I would like to keep the Tesla chatter to a minimum, this is the topic of this thread, so...

It was described by some reviewer that Tesla's are for people who don't like to drive and get entertained by other things (after all, the car does have a fart app, yes...really), and conflate fast 0-60 with "performance driving", while Porsche's are for people who like to drive and are entertained by the experience of driving.

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
But these figures are based on what people are paying due to lack of availability.
OK.
I waited years for my Model 3. I waited 7 months for my Taycan. I'd wait 2-3 weeks for a new Model 3 today.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag

My MS90D is a piece of junk! In its price range it is by far the most unreliable, user unfriendly and uncomfortable car, I have ever driven! And the OTA updates are terrible, you never know, what crap is coming next!

If LSD is legal in Switzerland, please send me a few pills!

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
That analysis is a bit silly since it is based off of MSRP. Tesla never moves from MSRP while it is really unusual for anyone to pay MSRP for a car sitting on the dealer's lot. In addition, they oddly
made the decision to " adjusted the price of the Model 3 based on incentives, which negatively affect the resale value of used electric vehicles". Well, ok then.
Agreed on the non-Tesla MSRP point, but the adjustment for incentives is reasonable if they apply the same methodology for other EVs in the study, since used buyers aren't eligible for Federal incentives, and I know they're not eligible for the CA incentives, either. It's hard to tell since none of the other top cars shown in the Electrek article aren't EVs...

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag