Porsche Taycan Vs Mercedes-AMG GTR: Out With The Old, In With The New - InsideEVs

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
If I heard him correctly, he referred to the Taycan as the Duracell car. LOL. Too funny.

Good video and hard to argue with his main points. All personal preference and what is important to you.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
so let me get this straight - a $200,000 two seater sports car with 555 hp, shorter wheel base, 1500 lbs lighter is better than a 5,100 lbs 4 door sports sedan - yeah that’s a hugely surprising result.

Next we'll compare the McLaren Senna GTR to the Rolls Royce Ghost for a similar comparison.

but let’s be clear, about the only thing better than a Taycan are $200,000 sports cars - everything else pales in comparision…

yeah I’d draw the same conclusions if comparing my GT3 to the Tayan - all in all it’s a strawman argument…

”yeah EV’s are great, but not as good as my purpose built $200,000 sports car that they make less than 3,000/year of - yeah that’s what everyone is driving and that’s why EV’s suck...”

EV’s are better that most _ANY_ ICE car, except a few rare birds like GT3’s and AMG’s - let’s compare the Taycan to say a BMW 5 series or 7 series and then see where that gets us.

entertaining review, but hardly informative.

the thing with a. well made EV is: there are better ICE vehicles, but only the tip of the iceberg, best of the best, truly extraordinary ICE vehicles are equal to or better than a well done EV - virtually ANY EV as compared to a majority ICE vehicle (V6, 4 banger, or worse) is going to trounce the ICE vehicle in terms of simplicity and driving pleasure (acceleration and general zippiness)…but yeah you can spend $200k+++ and get an ICE vehicle that's better than a $55k Model 3 Performance or $120k Taycan 4S…

Last edited:

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
the thing with a. well made EV is: there are better ICE vehicles, but only the tip of the iceberg, best of the best, truly extraordinary ICE vehicles are equal to or better than a well done EV
Very true. I had a Porsche 718 from my dealer while they did the current Taycan upgrades. The 718 looks nice, corners nice, yes. But it feels like it has no motor, compared to the Taycan. And once accustomed to the quietness and acceleration of the 4S, normal sports cars that rattle and stink seem like from another, older age...
Sponsored