Porsche Taycan World Reveal. Watch Live Feed and React Here

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The Turbo S and Turbo Taycan are priced almost EXACTLY the same way as the Panamera. Those that have been on this forum, have been speculating that pricing will be same as Carrera! I fully expect the base and 4S to be prices as the Panamera base and 4S. Other carmakers have ALL priced there electric vehicles MUCH higher than their similar ICE vehicles. I expect the base model and 4S to be priced as the Panamera base and 4S
Agreed. I think the challenge with producing an aspirational sports EV is that it remains aspirational for a lot of folks who could swing carrera prices but not Panamera Hybrid Turbo land. This set up is almost exactly like pricing the 911 with 4S, Turbo, Turbo S only Porsche dropped the 4S from launch. Makes sense business wise but frustrating to folks who have to wait.

I think Porsche could have smoothed this over by making some statement about a lower trim like “4S spring 2020 launch”. People read the worst into the absence of information.
Sponsored

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Some of these comments are just a response of their disappointments...
Talking down a car that they haven't even driven yet (or seen irl).
Are you sure you know what a Porsche cost before you signed in?
You were hoping on a cheap powerfull Porsche? Really?
I guess we're back in the real world but man, I enjoyed this journey with spyshots, speculations and hunt for clues!
Gentleman, it was a pleasure to have "met" you but I'm afraid most of us will be gone soon.
Back to the real world again, finding excuses why the Taycan is not the car you were looking for.
That's ok, I just bought my Turbo S.
You'll see it's great value for money.
There are no cheap Porsches.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Forgot:
I told you if you were expecting a Mission E, you would be disappointed.
If you were expecting a fast and powerful sports sedan, you should be happy now.
Those numbers are just fantastic!
Although numbers don't say all, ok but I'm pretty confident the Taycan is a great car!
C'mon, did you expect a 0-100<3s, a 0-200<10s and 1000+Nm/761hp would come cheap?

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Forgot:
I told you if you were expecting a Mission E, you would be disappointed.
If you were expecting a fast and powerful sports sedan, you should be happy now.
Those numbers are just fantastic!
Although numbers don't say all, ok but I'm pretty confident the Taycan is a great car!
C'mon, did you expect a 0-100<3s, a 0-200<10s and 1000+Nm/761hp would come cheap?
keeping up with a gt2rs even briefly is better than I expected. Priced to match. Lol.

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
Really did not enter into my equation....guess I'm strange but I do not drag race any of my cars.
I often tell guys I coach at the track.....it takes zero talent to just put your right foot down. Yes I know, it sells cars and is an often used (or useless) metric.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Really did not enter into my equation....guess I'm strange but I do not drag race any of my cars.
I often tell guys I coach at the track.....it takes zero talent to just put your right foot down. Yes I know, it sells cars and is an often used (or useless) metric.
That's why I said "numbers don't say all".
But it says something, you can't deny that unless you're not using a sports car the way it should be used.
Corner-out with linear control of 1000Nm is going to be a damn fast car, also cuz of the 7:43 on the Nürnburgring, that says it all.
Those numbers do count.
I'm telling you: even driving under 10 minutes is a true challenge by itself...

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
That's why I said "numbers don't say all".
But it says something, you can't deny that unless you're not using a sports car the way it should be used.
Corner-out with linear control of 1000Nm is going to be a damn fast car, also cuz of the 7:43 on the Nürnburgring, that says it all.
Those numbers do count.
I'm telling you: even driving under 10 minutes is a true challenge by itself...
Points well taken.
Maybe a next life of this board could be sharing of build configs......hopefully everyone already got their required mobile charger option and their required glass roof option checked off :) .

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
89 Turbo, BMW M6 Competition, 87 Turbo SN, BMW X5, Turbo S, BMW 4, BMW 2, Audi A5
Country flag
and yet have a photo of the most ridiculous Porsche ever produced where Porsche made the big mistake of taking the big iconic curved fenders of the 911 and butchering it to look flat like other cars? No Porsche purist likes the slandnose!!!!!!! Its so ironic that you criticize Porsche for taking down a fender, yet you OWN a porsche where Porsche destroyed the big round iconic 911!!!!!!!! Photo looks like a 1980s Mazda RX7...LOLOLOLOL
I have been a huge Porsche supporter for decades. I am just expressing my views. Yes, the picture in my profile is one of the 4 Porsches I currently own. It is an original 1987 M505 with 28,600 miles on it. I should have put my 1989 930 Turbo blk/blk with 13,900 miles or one of my current Turbo S's you may want to look up what the value of those cars are but it really does not matter.

If you read what I said, is that I am disappointed in Porsche for the exterior design and I am going to wait to look at the Taycan up-close and drive it. I own 12 cars and really wanted something different, not a car that looks similar to the Panamera. Carwow even discussed the exterior design as their first point on youtube looking like the Panamera.

I am having a hard time spending over $200,000 for the Turbo S but if it looked like the "E" no hesitation here, sold. Just my opinion.

Doran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 535 and Audi Q7
Country flag
The “it looks like a Panamera” is so tired. Of course it has a resemblance, it’s a Porsche design (all models have the distinctive Porsche design) and its a 4 door. But it does not look like one, you certainly are not going to confuse the two. Plus several reviews in person say it looks much smaller than the Panamera in person due to its design, most have said that its a cross between the 911 and Panamera, inside and out. That’s a huge compliment to me and very hard to do for an EV sedan (911 reference).

I’m out at least for now but it’s certainly not because of looks. I think it looks incredible, certainly my favorite four door on the road by a large margin.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
The “it looks like a Panamera” is so tired. Of course it has a resemblance, it’s a Porsche design (all models have the distinctive Porsche design) and its a 4 door. But it does not look like one, you certainly are not going to confuse the two. Plus several reviews in person say it looks much smaller than the Panamera in person due to its design, most have said that its a cross between the 911 and Panamera, inside and out. That’s a huge compliment to me and very hard to do for an EV sedan (911 reference).

I’m out at least for now but it’s certainly not because of looks. I think it looks incredible, certainly my favorite four door on the road by a large margin.
Hear hear. :clap:

JC Mann

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S, Tesla Model S
Country flag
Won't the charging cable fit in the frunk? Why not show it there instead of in the back trunk? I don't think most people want to waste their trunks space with an electric cable. (I sure didn't with my Panamera E-Hybrid.)

I'm disappointed in that steering wheel: the four visible screws are supposed to be fashionable?! Nix those unsightly screws (GT steering wheel?). Hate that version of the steering wheel in other Porsches, also. Who comes up with these ideas? And Porsche owners across the spectrum have complained that we need more than one "diamond" button on the steering wheel, for multiple tasks. We don't need two phone buttons; just have one phone button that does both on (answer) and off (hangup) [after seeing the Autogefuehl video, it seems that they have only one phone button, so that's an improvement].
Like the Tesla Model S, there is a covered compartment in the trunk that can hold stuff, including charging cable..
Just inside the trunk, the full width of trunk.