Porsche Taycan World Reveal. Watch Live Feed and React Here

Raek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
Country flag
I guess I'll be waiting to see what the 4S specs/prices look like. If I'm going to be spending more than $150k on a car...it's definitely going to be something a bit more exotic.
Sponsored

Haros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You bet
Country flag
I guess I'll be waiting to see what the 4S specs/prices look like. If I'm going to be spending more than $150k on a car...it's definitely going to be something a bit more exotic.
Yeah my thoughts too.
I’m thinking the 4S will not be a very good value proposition considering the model 3 performance exists ( even though I probably would never buy a Tesla )
But for $150k and onwards I can’t convince myself that I would rather this car then something else.
Each their own though.

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not tough at all to me. It’s a no buy.

This is coming from a household with no kids and free money to spend on a car like this. Just not some electric sedan.
I simply don’t see the value. I can’t help but feel this would be a complete waste of money.

I am not at all making any one else decision - if you feel this a good buy for you, then by all means no hate from me. Enjoy your car.

I am completely fine buying a limited or exclusive $200k if I perceive the values to be there...
But some sedan with no limit on production and what I feel will not hold its value?
I guess I’m just not wealthy enough to afford some commuter like this and the lesser trims of this car will not be to my performance expectations.

I’m disappointed I’ve waited this long, but my wife want a car that makes “vroom vroom” sounds anyways haha!
in that case, may I recommend the used 2017+ 911 turbo market ? For her. For an EV, the top spec model 3 is very very nice ....

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 991.2 C4S. Panamera GTS
Country flag

This is coming from a household with no kids and free money to spend on a car like this. Just not some electric sedan.
I simply don’t see the value. I can’t help but feel this would be a complete waste of money.

I am not at all making any one else decision - if you feel this a good buy for you, then by all means no hate from me. Enjoy your car.

I am completely fine buying a limited or exclusive $200k if I perceive the values to be there...
But some sedan with no limit on production and what I feel will not hold its value?
I guess I’m just not wealthy enough to afford some commuter like this and the lesser trims of this car will not be to my performance expectations.

I’m disappointed I’ve waited this long, but my wife want a car that makes “vroom vroom” sounds anyways haha!
I know a McLaren is a much different car. But it’s not THAT much more $ and it’s a McLaren! Come on Porsche! 209 k in my configuration and 300 something for a leather manual holder and 1000 for enhanced electric sound??? Really?

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag

I think you are suffering more from price expectations not met. The Panamera is essentially exactly the same class as the Taycan. If you look at the pricing of the the Panamera Turbo, and the Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid, you will see the prices are essentially identical to the Taycan. So look at the Panamera 4S and the base Panamera prices for guidelines of what to expect next year when they are announced. I was always planning on the 4S. The range is slightly disappointing, but when I look at my driving patterns of my Carreras, Cayenne and Boxster (4000 to 5000 miles per year) that I owned before, a 15% less range than expected really has little effect in reality , other than bragging rights.

The first model of the Taycan will be an iconic car in 20 years as it will be seen a game changer for sports cars, as is the 356, and even a VW Beetle which now sell for 10 to 15 times the original nominal price. In 30 years, your Taycan will have the same nominal value as it does today, mark my word if it is garaged well

In the 1990s, I had a 1991 Acura NSX, and today the value is HIGHER than what I paid for a two year old car. I sold it in 1998 for $36k, today they are worth $70 to $90K....I sold my 1966 Beetle in the 1980s for $1200 and is worth $25k today.....my father paid $1500 in 1965 for a Beetle.

Last edited:

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
It makes sense. It's a Porsche. Definitely the price we expected them to hit. I configured, and the Turbo (not the "S") hit $200K before I stopped.
I'll say it.....the pricing is nuts.
This is not an exotic, not a 'sports car'.....it's a 4-door sedan that couldn't quite look like the Mission E....which I would have easily paid that dollar for.
It's 'pudgy'....not sleek......high 918-like front fenders were tamed.....radical broad rear shoulders were pulled in.
Porsche led us on w/the 'E body' for almost four years and knew what they were doing.
That said, I may still take my top slot just because the wife still needs a new dog-hauler and doesn't care about price or look.

To each his own.....go-for-it, if it still pulls your chain and doesn't hurt your wallet.
Obviously Porsche has geared to mass-produce Taycan and Ollie Blume makes more than me....so what do I know. :rolleyes:

Rotordude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
7XPorsche’s, 3XGolf R/ GTI
Country flag
I'll say it.....the pricing is nuts.
This is not an exotic, not a 'sports car'.....it's a 4-door sedan that couldn't quite look like the Mission E....which I would have easily paid that dollar for.
It's 'pudgy'....not sleek......high 918-like front fenders were tamed.....radical broad rear shoulders were pulled in.
Porsche led us on w/the 'E body' for almost four years and knew what they were doing.
That said, I may still take my top slot just because the wife still needs a new dog-hauler and doesn't care about price or look.

To each his own.....go-for-it, if it still pulls your chain and doesn't hurt your wallet.
Obviously Porsche has geared to mass-produce Taycan and Ollie Blume makes more than me....so what do I know. :rolleyes:
Hopefully...you KNOW value;)

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
Porsche knows that they will sell very very few of these (horribly named) "Turbo" and "Turbo S" Taycans, because of the astronomical prices. They aren't ready to sell lots of Taycans yet. They will roll out the high-end cars first, let them get reviewed, let a few "guinea pigs" buy them, and then they'll come out with a couple of much cheaper Taycans in the $85k-$130k range (USD) in a year or so. They won't sell many of them until they get the starting price under $100k. Tesla also started high with the Model S; you couldn't get a Tesla for under about $80k until last year with the Model 3.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
Frunk, trunk and charging cable.
Won't the charging cable fit in the frunk? Why not show it there instead of in the back trunk? I don't think most people want to waste their trunks space with an electric cable. (I sure didn't with my Panamera E-Hybrid.)

I'm disappointed in that steering wheel: the four visible screws are supposed to be fashionable?! Nix those unsightly screws (GT steering wheel?). Hate that version of the steering wheel in other Porsches, also. Who comes up with these ideas? And Porsche owners across the spectrum have complained that we need more than one "diamond" button on the steering wheel, for multiple tasks. We don't need two phone buttons; just have one phone button that does both on (answer) and off (hangup) [after seeing the Autogefuehl video, it seems that they have only one phone button, so that's an improvement].

Last edited:

Big_Pete1999

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Why yes, I do have vehicles, thanks for asking
Country flag

You're in my boat... I've said for half a year that I don't NEED a 4 door, nor even want one. When the Mission E came out, the suicide doors tricked your eyes just enough to say "is that a 2 door badass car or a 4 door? I can't tell".... But this tweaked panamera? Yeah, that's a hard no from me too.
I don't have kids. Hell, I don't even have a wife anymore. I don't need a back seat let alone 4 doors that "are practical to open the back ones" that suicide doors don't offer.
And to have the Porsche engineer come on here and state that they can't possibly make a suicide door car for less than $300k is a slap in the face when other car MFG's do it. So BMW can do it, but Porsche can't? Are you kidding me? So why are we wanting to buy a Porsche when it's clearly inferior to BMW's. I mean, that's what I read when he said that. (even though I don't believe it).
Anyways, when this thing hit $200k, I said "Guess I'll do Tesla Roadster which beats this thing into the ground in every conceivable way including looks!"
Not everyone who wants an electric vehicle has families. We aren't all Prius drivers ya know! Wake up Porsche!!!

Bottom line is that they could have made the Taycan look identical to the Mission E at the same price point. But they knew it would rob their 911 sales and they want the 911 to be their flagship (outside of the 918 / replacement hypercar). They knew the Mission E looked as good if not better than the 911 and would blow the doors off of it because of the instant torque. They simply didn't want to rob from the 911 on likely a less profitable vehicle. Which I get, as the Director of Finance and Accounting, I'm all about profit margins and the bottom line. But don't piss on my leg and claim it's raining!

Porsche missed out on a golden opportunity, and these 40,000 deposits they love to state they have went down by 1 yesterday after this was announced.

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
89 Turbo, BMW M6 Competition, 87 Turbo SN, BMW X5, Turbo S, BMW 4, BMW 2, Audi A5
Country flag
I am very disappointed Porsche toned down the Mission E exterior design. Why? I wish a reporter would ask. The front tire fenders down, the wide rear shoulders and aggressive look from the "E" gone and it now looks like a Panamera. The Turbo S with options is now over $200,000. If it looked like the "E" I would get it. More than likely I will not, but I am going to look at it up close and drive it when my dealer gets it in to confirm my decision.

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
I am very disappointed Porsche toned down the Mission E exterior design. Why? I wish a reporter would ask. The front tire fenders down, the wide rear shoulders and aggressive look from the "E" gone and it now looks like a Panamera. The Turbo S with options is now over $200,000. If it looked like the "E" I would get it. More than likely I will not, but I am going to look at it up close and drive it when my dealer gets it in to confirm my decision.
and yet have a photo of the most ridiculous Porsche ever produced where Porsche made the big mistake of taking the big iconic curved fenders of the 911 and butchering it to look flat like other cars? No Porsche purist likes the slandnose!!!!!!! Its so ironic that you criticize Porsche for taking down a fender, yet you OWN a porsche where Porsche destroyed the big round iconic 911!!!!!!!! Photo looks like a 1980s Mazda RX7...LOLOLOLOL

The Turbo S and Turbo Taycan are priced almost EXACTLY the same way as the Panamera. Those that have been on this forum, have been speculating that pricing will be same as Carrera! I fully expect the base and 4S to be prices as the Panamera base and 4S. Other carmakers have ALL priced there electric vehicles MUCH higher than their similar ICE vehicles. I expect the base model and 4S to be priced as the Panamera base and 4S

Last edited:

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
No Porsche purist likes the slandnose!!!!!!!

Sorry, off topic here but......have you seen prices for factory slantnoses?
After 30 years of owning Porsche's and fortunate still to have several, track one regularly......this guy has a pic of a white factory Targa Slantnose hanging in his office and I'd buy one tomorrow for the right price.

I may not be a purist.....but just the same I do kinda like factory slantnoses.
Sponsored