jasperp

First Name
jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
They could start with making sure the fast chargers they have right now are accessible.
My dealer has a fast charger but behind a gate.
They could easily put it on the other side of the gate, but for some reason you are only allowed to charge during opening hours.
Sponsored

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
I can't imaging they would be able to cover the US. It makes more sense in some of the smaller European countries.

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Being herded together like Tesla drivers fills me with dread. Plenty of more interesting options to break up a journey than being forced into a crap airport lounge frequented by middle management types in brown shoes.......

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
Being herded together like Tesla drivers fills me with dread. Plenty of more interesting options to break up a journey than being forced into a crap airport lounge frequented by middle management types in brown shoes.......
I prefer black shoes:D

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
They could start with making sure the fast chargers they have right now are accessible.
My dealer has a fast charger but behind a gate.
They could easily put it on the other side of the gate, but for some reason you are only allowed to charge during opening hours.
Yep mine the same and then they moved the barriers after a couple of months!

Vorsprung dürch technik...not!!

LLA53

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE Grey Taycan 4S
Country flag
Let's prey they don't make an arse of it as they have already ably demonstrated at Porsche Dealerships. Most are inaccessible when you need one and many aren't actually configured to enable customers to use (lack of authentication with Taycan charge card) as is the case at my dealership (WTF???).

When access is available, a diesel Cayenne is not occupying the space, and is operational the prospect of up to 270kW on these 800v is enticing. In my case (I'm sure I'm being victimised for moaning a lot about this) the units have worked once and only with the dealer's Taycan charge card (and that's after months of being installed) delivering 105kW (yeah, poor) for about 10 mins before tailing off.

Don't know what it is but Porsche should focus on engineering of cars and let other more competent organisations develop their software and take care of providing ultra fast, plentiful and reliable charging (shared with VW group and other brands).

I imagine hubs will be placed in densely populated areas so in the case of Scotland that probably means 1 and situated miles away from most Porsche owners.

Hopefully I'm 100% wrong!
The thing about the Porsche dealers not having their chargers setup for public use isn‘t actually a big deal to sort. Whoever manages the chargers at the dealership just has to login to them and put a tick in the box which will make them available, however some of the dealers don’t actually realise this. I would go in there and tell them to check it, it will take them about ten seconds once logged in.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The thing about the Porsche dealers not having their chargers setup for public use isn‘t actually a big deal to sort. Whoever manages the chargers at the dealership just has to login to them and put a tick in the box which will make them available, however some of the dealers don’t actually realise this. I would go in there and tell them to check it, it will take them about ten seconds once logged in.
They don't even monitor if they are operational or not. I get the feeling that they were forced into it and had to part fund perhaps.

I'm sure it is as simple as you suggest.

LLA53

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE Grey Taycan 4S
Country flag
Let's prey they don't make an arse of it as they have already ably demonstrated at Porsche Dealerships. Most are inaccessible when you need one and many aren't actually configured to enable customers to use (lack of authentication with Taycan charge card) as is the case at my dealership (WTF???).

When access is available, a diesel Cayenne is not occupying the space, and is operational the prospect of up to 270kW on these 800v is enticing. In my case (I'm sure I'm being victimised for moaning a lot about this) the units have worked once and only with the dealer's Taycan charge card (and that's after months of being installed) delivering 105kW (yeah, poor) for about 10 mins before tailing off.

Don't know what it is but Porsche should focus on engineering of cars and let other more competent organisations develop their software and take care of providing ultra fast, plentiful and reliable charging (shared with VW group and other brands).

I imagine hubs will be placed in densely populated areas so in the case of Scotland that probably means 1 and situated miles away from most Porsche owners.

Hopefully I'm 100% wrong!
The 104kW only from a 350kW charger is all about battery temperature and current level. Battery temp up to +35 and charge down to 25% and I got this from an IONITY charge at a Porsche dealership.

Porsche Taycan Porsche to build out own charging network 07DEA5BC-342C-4310-A1C9-B29D3DAC5A12

LLA53

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE Grey Taycan 4S
Country flag
They don't even monitor if they are operational or not. I get the feeling that they were forced into it and had to part fund perhaps.

I'm sure it is as simple as you suggest.
Seriously it is that simple Porsche Germany had to call the dealership and tell them they hadn’t switched this service on which was literally a tick in the box

ItsMyWifesCar

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’m not looking for lounges. I travel throughout New England states and meet lots of families at charging stations with toddlers. Traveling is tough enough for a kid, having to wait for a charge makes them even more frustrated. I want EV stations with Shake Shacks and playgrounds.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche dealers were required to install an 800v charger at the cost $4-500k each, which was a huge investment for a lot of dealers. Many of them restrict them to use by the dealership for new cars and cars in service. My dealer has said they plan to install a second one for customer use down the road, but they can’t say when.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The 104kW only from a 350kW charger is all about battery temperature and current level. Battery temp up to +35 and charge down to 25% and I got this from an IONITY charge at a Porsche dealership.

07DEA5BC-342C-4310-A1C9-B29D3DAC5A12.jpeg
Thx - well aware of what the conditions need to be.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Porsche dealers were required to install an 800v charger at the cost $4-500k each, which was a huge investment for a lot of dealers. Many of them restrict them to use by the dealership for new cars and cars in service. My dealer has said they plan to install a second one for customer use down the road, but they can’t say when.
Yep but in my Dealer's case the units in question were purposefully installed for customer use. From Taycan launch they had their own ultra fast EVSEs within the servicing area.

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My biggest issue driving a Taycan in Canada is the lack of fast DC chargers and poor reliability of existing networks.
Probably better to spend that money supporting Ionity / electrify Canada / electrify America.

andix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.1 S, Taycan Turbo (4/21), others
Country flag
As they say: "the more, the merrier"

Ionity is great, but doesn't cover several regions offsite the main traffic routes in Europe.
Sponsored